Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Beretta Model 1301

bthp

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know which lifter/carrier the 1301 has in it? Gonna go ahead and order one to send to C-Rums.

The 1301 factory lifter isnt as nice as my C-Rums modified Versamax lifter. However, its not bad. You may not need to send it off honestly.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

I also shot Kampr's 21" 1301 and compared it directly with my 22" VersaMax Tactical. Both guns were in 10+1 configuration.

The Versa is DEFINATELY a softer shooting shotgun. However, I also agree that the 1301 is softer than the Benelli M2.

The stock lifter on the 1301 is much better than the forked devil on the VersaMax. I also found that the 1301 shot pretty flat, as well.

The only thing I am not sure about is how well the 1301 will be for the Load 2 method due to the location of the shell release button - I will let someone else figure that out.

Mick

I was able to shoot Kampr after the match today and was definitely impressed. Overall a really well put together gun at its price point and very fast shooting. Definitely softer shooting than my M2 but not as soft as a Versa max. Sights came back quicker though and the trigger was great for a out of the box gun !

the 1301 should run ammo that the M2 can't run consistently, I shot one this past weekend with 2.75 dram ammo, and I would not run that ammo in my M2's it needs 3dram or heavier to run consistently, so the benefit is that softer shooting ammo can also be used and still take over plates. the 2.75dram stuff was Win AA light target 1 1/8oz, and it would take heavy MGM 8" plates over at 30yds, with IC choke. Yes the stock is short if you do not use the included spacers to fit the gun to you, which as has been said before, FIT is the #1 thing to have in a shotgun. the lifter does not NEED to be welded up there is very little room for your thumb to get into and get stuck, the stock lifter is very similar to the older better Benelli lifter from the early M1's. The gun I shot was a 24" with the extension slightly past the muzzle and it held 11 bird shot or 10 slugs, also Carlsons has chokes for it, that are cheaper than Briley.

Trapr

post-18319-0-63024100-1376392533_thumb.j

As far as welding the lifter, I don’t think it needs it either. Besides not having the pronounced fork, the lifter sits (pivots) deeper in the receiver (where the CZ-712 got the idea) than the VM & M1/2, thus, decreasing the wide arc that’s the culprit on grabbing the thumb. I think it's going to depend on your technique and how skinny your thumb is, I don't have a problem with it. It’s never going to have the “MonsteR” loading port as the VM, so ymmv.

In case anyone is wondering, it does “ghost load”.

I like my Versa Max, but I'm getting more impressed with the 1301 the more I run it!

It fits me well and shoots flat,.. I can transition and shoot on the move better with it. It's about 1.3lbs lighter.

Over the last few days, I/we have put about 450rds though it. Zero malfunctions‘.

It’s ran everything anybody stuffed in it, including my favorite light stuff, Fed Top Gun (1 1/8oz-1145Fps) and B&P's (1oz-1160fps). It shoots Fiocchi (7/8oz-1300fps) & B&P (1oz-1200fps) slugs to POA-POI.

I need to pick up some uber light stuff and see what it won’t run.

All in all, it’s a pretty slick little gun. Quality is what you’d expect from the big B’s.

Edited by kampr

The lifter is fine as it is. I practiced loading this weekend and never caught my thumb doing weak hand loads. I can't do a load 2 method as slick as my Benelli right now so I will have to work on that for a bit. I installed a +6 NC tube and it extends about 3 inches past the 24" barrel. I can 11 shells in the tube with the spring cut 12" past the end of the magazine. I still think the 1301 is as close to an out of the box 3 gun shotgun that you can buy.

• 1 month later...

Oh come on Mark!! a pistol grip, ........really???

hey buddy, long time no see.

Trapr

I know, been a while. Work has a way of getting in the way sometimes. But yeah i need a pistol grip on my shotgun. Not because i like em. I have a repetitve work strain induced case of severe arthritus in my right wrist. It prevents me from achieving the proper rotation neccessary to properly grip a standard field stock. Figured this out about two years ago when shotgunning started to be a real pain...litteraly. So any idea if there is a pistol grip stock available? Surches turned up nothing, so im guessing no.

• 4 weeks later...

I think 922r addresses building guns from parts. Not buying an imported weapon and modifying it to your purpose.

I believe you are correct

GCA, 18 U.S.C. § 922®, specifically states the following:

It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under the…[GCA]…Section 925(d)(3).as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes ….

I called them they said send the Xrail back and get there mag extension that there clam will not work on the Xrail because it measures 1.123 and Nordic is 1.06. If it will work I would use the Nordic clamp on the Xrail ?

Thanks,Keith

I just used a Nordic clamp on my M2 with the RCI/Xrail mag tube this past weekend at Blue Ridge. It may not be a perfect fit, but it will work. I would suggest going with the Nordic mag extension though, its not quite as beefy, but it's lighter. I've also experienced some minor interior rust with the RCI tube. Normally I run a Nordic tube, but needed something shorter for Blue Ridge.

Edited by davehorn