Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Beretta Model 1301

bthp

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a 21 inch barrel?

His is, yes. It has a 3 shot extension on it.

The 24" 1301's just started shipping. One of our suppliers just got some in today.

Are ya’ll going to carry them? I am thinking I need a 24 inch.

Is that a 21 inch barrel?

His is, yes. It has a 3 shot extension on it.

The 24" 1301's just started shipping. One of our suppliers just got some in today.

Are ya’ll going to carry them? I am thinking I need a 24 inch.

Yessir. We plan on stocking them and have a handful arriving within a couple days.

Excellent! Did you get the 21" or 24"?

I will definitely give it a spin and compare to my Versa's...

Mick

So how does the recoil compare to an M2 or VersaMax?

Mick

You can find out for yourself Saturday, mine will be available for test drives. :cheers:

Excellent! Did you get the 21" or 24"?

I will definitely give it a spin and compare to my Versa's...

Mick

So how does the recoil compare to an M2 or VersaMax?

Mick

You can find out for yourself Saturday, mine will be available for test drives. :cheers:

Please let us know how it compares.

I was able to shoot Kampr after the match today and was definitely impressed. Overall a really well put together gun at its price point and very fast shooting. Definitely softer shooting than my M2 but not as soft as a Versa max. Sights came back quicker though and the trigger was great for a out of the box gun !

I was able to shoot Kampr after the match today and was definitely impressed. Overall a really well put together gun at its price point and very fast shooting. Definitely softer shooting than my M2 but not as soft as a Versa max. Sights came back quicker though and the trigger was great for a out of the box gun !

I concur. One of the employees at our store bought one of our 24" 1301s yesterday. I shot it side by side today with my 26" Versamax. IMO the recoil is softer than an M2 but not quite as soft as the Versamax. However the 1301 is also substantially lighter.

The larger controls on the 1301 are really nice. I find it personally easier to load the Versamax with a dual load system but the 1301 isnt bad.

I felt the 1301 shot naturally better than my Versamax but i havent shot my Versamax all that much. We're shooting both in a match tomm so we'll see how that goes.

Any ideas on which extension will put you about end of a 24 inch barrel ....+4 ??

Id recommend going with a +5 nordic tube if you have the 24" and use a dual load system. This will allow 2 shells to be loaded at the start of a match if it would be benficial on a certain course of fire. Then the gun will have a 10+1 capacity.

The +5 is only a tiny bit beyond the barrel on the 24" 1301. We actually recycled an older style +5 Nova tube for the 1301 we setup today and shot.

Edited by JoeBoboutfitters

Awesome Thanks ! I dont think I want it sticking out way too far & I like your idea of being able to load 2 after the beep if the stage warranted it...

Now I just need to get my load/caddy system & my AR optic & Im good to go :cheers: