Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

With regards to slug POA-POI does Kurt's tool to align benillis mag tube with barrel work on the m3000 and 3500? Just wondering because it's benillis sister company

Is your gun shooting slugs poorly?

It's going to be my back up shotgun that I'm getting with my next pay check. I friend just bought one but we haven't taken it out yet.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay just got my m3000 in. Here's how that went.

Picked up at the local dealer handed him my $30 and CHL

Stopped by walmart on the way home and grabbed a case of clays. And quite literaly 6 differet kinds of ammo.

Ranged from pew pew bunny farts to Full power Turkey loads, Buck and Slugs

This thing is A TANK.

It ate anything and every thing I fed it and did so very well.

Didnt like the slugs I got. But they were Winchester Bunny fart Sabot Slugs and were on sale so i didnt really expect much from them.

Put one right in the middle at 50 yards. So thatll do pig.

Now MOA gets to see her and give her a facelift.

0.75 inches (3/4 inch) is about the limit without cutting into the mag tube. If you need to get further past the shell latch, you can shorten the latch so the shells catch sooner. This reduces the distance you need to push the shell into the tube before it is retained. Just be aware that if you shorten it too much, the lifter will catch on the shell protruding from the mag tube.

0.75 inches (3/4 inch) is about the limit without cutting into the mag tube. If you need to get further past the shell latch, you can shorten the latch so the shells catch sooner. This reduces the distance you need to push the shell into the tube before it is retained. Just be aware that if you shorten it too much, the lifter will catch on the shell protruding from the mag tube.

Thats interesting... is that a standard mod on your package deal or do you leave it alone?

No, that is pretty much a custom deal. Most people find that the factory latch depth is fine with the 3/4 inch dimension. It's mostly for people who want a huge loading port but don't want to notch the mag tube. Patrick Kelley does the same thing on the Nova pump and the Vinci. It allows a little bit sloppier loading without risking an accidental ghost load if you don't get the shells in far enough.

No, that is pretty much a custom deal. Most people find that the factory latch depth is fine with the 3/4 inch dimension. It's mostly for people who want a huge loading port but don't want to notch the mag tube. Patrick Kelley does the same thing on the Nova pump and the Vinci. It allows a little bit sloppier loading without risking an accidental ghost load if you don't get the shells in far enough.

Fair enough, thanks Tom!!..... I hope I get to meet some you day man!!

Here is an ugly youtube video of my fat self using the extended shell release button to speed load on an empty gun start. You may have to increase the default resolution since my computer is spracking out at the moment :)

http://www.youtube.com/enhance?feature=vm&v=p6riySnKaGI

link does not work

fixed :)

Here is an ugly youtube video of my fat self using the extended shell release button to speed load on an empty gun start. You may have to increase the default resolution since my computer is spracking out at the moment :)

http://www.youtube.com/enhance?feature=vm&v=p6riySnKaGI

link does not work

fixed :)

cool deal Tom... hey in windows movie maker go to the "project" tab then select "widescreen" to fill the screen in youtube.

:) I am WAY better at messing with machines and guns than computers. Was the best I could do, considering I have already worked 66 hours this week, and I am dinking around on my laptop while the mill runs!

I would love to learn how to use a mill. I could come up with some cool stuff!!!

Got it,thanks, oskino. I'm having a ghost loading prob. I'm gonna look into shortening the shell stop.

make sure you follow through when you load, I have not shortened my shell catch and I have no issues, consistently loading 8 with 5 sec par times.

Edited by Oskino

I'm just getting started loading this way. Guess I need to practice some more, huh.

practice, practice, practice. After reading your post I grabbed the Stoeger strapped on my homemade caddie and started loading quads. I had the par tie set at 4 sec, couldn't hit it. After 4 attempts changed par time to 4.5. Started to hit that then after 5 min of that started to hit 4 sec again. :)

Edited by Oskino