Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I like the way you do things straight up to the saw didn't even take the stock off the receiver WOW :) I been leaning to cut mine would like a better butt pad than the factory one. Ran 10 heavy slugs through it off a bench to see how far off POA was man my shoulder was not happy.

Sorry, I did take the stock off. that took about 9 seconds.

the issue was getting it to lay flat. wrapped it on a piece of neoprene and it worked. Just takes a good eye. Kind of like cutting Crown molding and doing it correctly. :surprise:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone messaged me about pictures of my finished loading port mods. I managed to ding it up even more in the process but this shows about the furthest is be comfortable opening things up.

IMG_2517_zps1fd40d5f.jpg

IMG_2518_zps1e25d17c.jpg

Tried to smooth the sharp edges around the barrel too.

IMG_2522_zpsd9f3bbaf.jpg

The follower is sticking way out!!! I can see the crack where the OEM tube screws into the receiver.

IMG_2519_zps48692782.jpg

Seems like most people are having good luck with Walmart bulk Federal which is 3 dram equivilent. Seems like Estate, Rio and Winchester cheap stuff is hit or miss.

No first hand experience as I have not picked mine up yet. Read this thread and there is discussion of what ammo has worked and what has not.

Gunther; Your owners manual says that you'll need to run a 100 to 200 Heavy Loads . Did you take gun apart and clean the spring under the front hand guard of the grease I used Gunscrub. Sprayed it with CLP wet down the bolt action like a AR-15 with oil . Good to Go.

Lock the bolt back every time you put it away for the first month to compress the mainspring. Clean the goo off the spring (inside the hand guard), and polish the outside of the mag tube with 600 grit or finer emery paper wetted with WD40. Should run all but the lightest loads. I have been thinking about cutting a couple coils off the spring to see if it will run the REALLY light slug loads, but want to make sure I can get a new spring first ;)

Tom

I haven't tried running anything super light in it yet but I will second the idea of polishing up the mag tube where the spring rides. The action on mine was really loud and crappy sounding when I first got it but after cleaning the mag tube really well and then sanding it completely smooth with some 800 grit sandpaper and then lubing it up it's very smooth and the action is much nicer. It's also not nearly as loud to cycle as it was.

I have a little over 120 rounds of nothing but 1 1/8oz 3dram shells and 1200fps slugs through mine with no issues. I did clean off the grease from the mag tube, sand it with 400 or 600 grit and apply some gun oil. However, the mag tube on mine was actually pretty smooth and the action was very smooth right out of the box.

I only Have about 100 rounds through mine, but all of it was Winchester universal wally world bulk pack. 1 1/8oz. 3 dram eq. 1200fps. I had zero issues. I run my gun on the dry side too (I put a drop of oil on each rail that the bolt linkage rides in and that's it). I did sand the tube and wipe off all the grease or whatever was on the spring from the factory prior to putting any rounds through it.

Picked up my M3000 today :) $475 out the door 26". I also placed my order with Tom at MOA Precision that guy is TOP NOTCH and highly recommend him to anybody interested in upgrading there M3000.

List of upgrades includes

+6 tube with adapter nut

over-sized safety

over-sized bolt release

over-sized charging handle

post-51323-0-78917400-1395436657_thumb.j

I picked up mine today. Got my magazine parts from MOA Precision yesterday. Thanks to Tom for the quick shipping on a great product. Now I just have to find the time to open up the loading port and get it ready to go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I picked up mine today. Got my magazine parts from MOA Precision yesterday. Thanks to Tom for the quick shipping on a great product. Now I just have to find the time to open up the loading port and get it ready to go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Congrats man, I just opened mine took me about a hour and half. I think I am going to get more aggressive but this is what I got so far. The 3rd pic is like "BLING"

post-51323-0-16858800-1395451457_thumb.j

post-51323-0-77745300-1395451469_thumb.j

post-51323-0-09913800-1395451483_thumb.j

post-51323-0-78297000-1395451508_thumb.j

post-51323-0-32047000-1395451521_thumb.j

post-51323-0-65476400-1395451529_thumb.j

Edited by Oskino

This is about the limit of what can be done for quad loads, as far as metal removal. Serial number side is as close as it can be, and opposite side has a slight slope, radiused into the port. Angle from port forward lets the hand slide past the hand guard. Special area to note- ABOVE the mag tube, between magazine and barrel, there is a little ramp. When you depress the lifter, it can over travel slightly, allowing the shell to stub on the flat face visible in the unmodified receiver (first and fourth pics). Extend the ramp almost to a knife edge, removing as much of the face as you reasonably can. Also, a slight bevel ahead of the shell catch prevents catching there, and blending the little step on the opposite side wall removes a potential catch for guys who load with the right hand. You can see the spot where the anodizing is removed. These last three spots can really only be gotten with mag tube removed. The majority of these are retained with green Loctite from the factory, and heat must be applied to the receiver to remove it. DO NOT overheat, or anodizing will discolor. About one in 10 will unscrew by hand.

post-48876-0-40066300-1395457777_thumb.j

post-48876-0-18763400-1395457788_thumb.j

post-48876-0-54570900-1395457797_thumb.j

post-48876-0-42684400-1395457818_thumb.j

Edited by openclassterror

It is a felony to deface or alter the serial number, which is why the cut must be so shallow on the one side. We take it as close as we can without cutting into it, but unfortunately the position varies from one receiver to the next. Some are almost 1/16" higher than others. It would be nice if we could talk Stoeger into relocating the serial number to a different spot.

I am enjoying seeing all of the extreme loading port work. Thanks for sharing.

I hate to change the subject, but I had my first M3000 malfunction yesterday. I ran a box of Estate 1 1/8oz 3dram shells with no issues. But I also ran some Rem 1200fps slugs and one of them didn't quite exit the loading port. I have shot about 25 rounds of these slugs with no issues. I now have just over 150 rounds through the gun. I am all geared up for TFD(Fed 1 1/8oz 3dram bird and Rem 1200fps slugs) and don't plan to change anything, but I will try to be prepared to clear the a FTE if needed. As a precaution, I plan to leave the bolt locked back all week too. I had already cleared the grease and slicked up the mag tube last month. I am still VERY pleased with the M3000.

I am enjoying seeing all of the extreme loading port work. Thanks for sharing.

I hate to change the subject, but I had my first M3000 malfunction yesterday. I ran a box of Estate 1 1/8oz 3dram shells with no issues. But I also ran some Rem 1200fps slugs and one of them didn't quite exit the loading port. I have shot about 25 rounds of these slugs with no issues. I now have just over 150 rounds through the gun. I am all geared up for TFD(Fed 1 1/8oz 3dram bird and Rem 1200fps slugs) and don't plan to change anything, but I will try to be prepared to clear the a FTE if needed. As a precaution, I plan to leave the bolt locked back all week too. I had already cleared the grease and slicked up the mag tube last month. I am still VERY pleased with the M3000.

Those slugs must be right on the edge of having enough energy to fully cycle the gun. My favorite slugs the Fiocchi 1150 fps 1oz do that occasionally in my M2 and every time in the M3k.