Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I had nothing but trouble with rio shells. I couldn't even finish the case. I had never ran them before but I bought a case as they just now started showing up alongside the budget Estate shells at our academy sporting goods stores. Estate wouldn't run in my Benelli and they don't run in the Stoeger either.

The shot doesn't leave the was for something like 5' I'm told. The only thing that happens to your tube sticking past the barrel is heavy carbon deposits.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had nothing but trouble with rio shells. I couldn't even finish the case. I had never ran them before but I bought a case as they just now started showing up alongside the budget Estate shells at our academy sporting goods stores. Estate wouldn't run in my Benelli and they don't run in the Stoeger either.

The shot doesn't leave the was for something like 5' I'm told. The only thing that happens to your tube sticking past the barrel is heavy carbon deposits.

Based on this thread, I am picking up a 24" M3000. Unfortunately, I was hoping to burn through a ton of Estate I have lying around.

Jesse - is it all Estate that has trouble in M2's and M3000's? I have 1 oz #7.5 3 dram equivalent (1235 FPS).

I guess if it doesn't work through the m3000 my Supernova will chew through it eventually.

I shot my first match with my M3000 yesterday. It ran 49 rounds of Estate 1 1/8oz #8 3dram with zero issues. Stage 5 required 28 birdshot, so the barrel did heat up a little bit.

Edited by Ryan N

Cheap shells are very gun, case lot, and even time of the day, and day of the week dependent from what I've seen. You really gotta try some of everything in your gun to see what works for you.

I will run the cheaper stuff occasionally for practice but even at a club match I run Fiocchi, AA's, STS's. The cheap stuff that fails the least former are the federal bulk packs and my buddy Chris Andersen runs the heck outta the Remington Gun Club stuff.

Jesse, thanks for the plug for the RNT rapid bolt release, but to say it " mimics the Dave Metal Works one is like saying a 2014 Corvette mimics a Model A.. If you look at the two side by side you will see exactly what I mean. Anyway, thanks again.

Edited by kurtm

Is there any brand of choke out there that will have the same threading for Stoeger M3000 looking for a extended knurled that would tighten up all the way, a do it all choke that will run Slugs, Buck & Bird shot.

Jesse, thanks for the plug for the RNT rapid bolt release, but to say it " mimics the Dave Metal Works one is like saying a 2014 Corvette mimics a Model A.. If you look at the two side by side you will see exactly what I mean. Anyway, thanks again.

You're right Kurt I should have said resembles. I've heard yours is much improved. It does have the same easy installation though doesn't it?

Is there any brand of choke out there that will have the same threading for Stoeger M3000 looking for a extended knurled that would tighten up all the way, a do it all choke that will run Slugs, Buck & Bird shot.

Benelli Mobil Chokes fit. Get a Briley Black Oxide Extended in IC or LM and leave it in there for good if your after only one choke. Personally I use a bunch of different ones cause I got ADD.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Speaking of the RNT bolt release, does anybody know if it can be installed on the M3000? I am thinking no, given the parts of the action concealed underneath the forearm of the Stoeger, unlike the M2, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. :)

I have seen a picture of one installed on a 3000, but i don't know if he had shot it yet.. it just might slip under the spring and work just fine as the part under the hand guard is long and radiused to the contour of the magazine tube. Now that is a complete guess, but over on Boomershooter there is a picture of a 3000 with one of our Matte finish tabs installed....once again....I DON'T KNOW.

I want to get a kick eez recoil pad and was wondering if anyone has bought one for the stoeger and if so which one did they get? Thanks

I both the KZ111 this week. It's in the backseat ready for install tonight. I'll keep you posted.

The 1/8" cheek eez pad I added to my stick is nice too!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I want to get a kick eez recoil pad and was wondering if anyone has bought one for the stoeger and if so which one did they get? Thanks

I bought the Rocker and fit it to the stock. I was able to use 1 hole, but had to drill the 2nd. It also required a lot of grinding on the belt sander.