Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking into booking my flights. Is there a rough schedule? Should I arrive on Wed or Thursday? Is registration on Thursday or Friday before shooting?

Thursday is registration

Edited by pbc44

Looking into booking my flights. Is there a rough schedule? Should I arrive on Wed or Thursday? Is registration on Thursday or Friday before shooting?

Paul, the match has been run in a 1/2 day format. You would shoot either a morning slot or a afternoon slot. Rio has been changing things lately and I am not sure how this will be done but I am guessing that it will be the same as it usually runs smoothly. Once squadding opens up, you would know what time you would start on Friday, possibly allowing for morning registration. I have no idea when they will open squadding so that is of no help for your planning. What I can offer, if you can swing Thursday, do it because you will be able to walk the stages in the afternoon/evening. If you are stuck with a late arrival, you may be able to register in the morning since it is simply a matter of checking your data, getting your badge and shirt. Contact the match folks if you need to know more.

You will enjoy the match!

Chuck

• 1 month later...

The match is full. When is the online squading going to open up?

You best bet is to follow this link: http://www.riosaladodesertclassic.com/contacts/ and work from there...

Later,

Chuck

I did that before I posted here. The match website does not say anything about when the Online Squading will be opened up. It only says that online squading will be used.

The match is full. When is the online squading going to open up?

You best bet is to follow this link: http://www.riosaladodesertclassic.com/contacts/ and work from there...

Later,

Chuck

I did that before I posted here. The match website does not say anything about when the Online Squading will be opened up. It only says that online squading will be used.

Call and/or Email Paul...

Edited by ChuckS

• 4 weeks later...

From an email sent by Cheryl:

"Welcome to 2013 Desert Classic Area II Championship:

Shooters: On August 15, 2013 until October 15, 2013, the self-squadding web page will open up for the Desert Classic match. There is a limit of 13 shooters per squad. Once self-squadding is available, you will be sent an email with log-in information."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed something changed on the schedule. For you veterans:

Early Late Early is now Early Late Late and Late Early Late is now Late Early Early...

Later,

Chuck

Dang it...I was trying to stay out of the cold 06:50am starts :angry2:

Guess I'll have to bring my blanket to the range

Those guys from Hawaii, always cold. Now you are going to have to bring real shoes Barry, no flipflops! :goof:

Neal in AZ

:D

Yeah, I'll have real shoes on. I even had to increase my trigger pull weight because my finger goes numb from the cold.

Looking forward to this match, last time I shot it was in 2007.

It ain't Maui but it doesn't look too bad :rolleyes:
Friday
partlycloudy.gif Clear. High of 84F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 15 mph.
Friday Night
nt_clear.gif Clear. Low of 54F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Saturday
partlycloudy.gif Clear in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 84F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Saturday Night
nt_partlycloudy.gif Partly cloudy. Low of 55F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Sunday
partlycloudy.gif Mostly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 82F. Winds less than 5 mph.