Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun match once again. Once again, I could not resist the no-shoot on Stage 4 (Tent stage), so next year I'm going to shoot it first just to get it out of the way!

Squad 7 was a great group of gentlemen (using that word is a stretch for some of us tho) that had me laughing a fair amount each day.

When's registration for 2014 open?

Squad 7 was a great group of gentlemen (using that word is a stretch for some of us tho) that had me laughing a fair amount each day.

Squadding with James, Aaron, John, Ross and company had to be a hoot :)

Squadding with James, Aaron, John, Ross and company had to be a hoot :)

I tried to stop listening when the talk of dead hookers near Plano started....but I was captivated!

Many-a-RO was harassed, some even deserved it a little...

What,s wrong with LaRue targets? If you hit them right they fall down. You can even adjust them to fall to almost any practical caliber hit. Sounds like a bunch of folks were hitting the base and not the plate. There is a thread else where on this forum where that target system is highly thought of.

What,s wrong with LaRue targets? If you hit them right they fall down. You can even adjust them to fall to almost any practical caliber hit. Sounds like a bunch of folks were hitting the base and not the plate. There is a thread else where on this forum where that target system is highly thought of.

For our military and L/E classes, there's nothing wrong with them. It encourages multiple shots if the threat isn't dropped.

For a competition where everyone's seeking the most level playing field, we're going to use different targets. We're also looking at ways to better identify/communicate targets between RO's, spotters and competitors. It'll make next year's match better.

For our military and L/E classes, there's nothing wrong with them. It encourages multiple shots if the threat isn't dropped.

For a competition where everyone's seeking the most level playing field, we're going to use different targets. We're also looking at ways to better identify/communicate targets between RO's, spotters and competitors. It'll make next year's match better.

The well spaced hanging gongs inside 330 yards were no problem what so ever. Spacing caused a lengthy transition so the RO's had time to call hits. Inside 330 everyone could see and hear a hit.

The laRue targets were fin with pistol. I liked not having to tape paper although I would have preferred to get to ding some of that steel with the pistol on the run too.

I would recommend more cowbell for next year too.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I love the natural terrain stages and all the long range targets. I had a great time shooting as always. It's hard work to put on a match like this so thank you one and all!

A special shout out to the Ro's on stage 9...thanks so much..... I had a blast!

Subtract the LaRue target issues and this match is as good as it gets......

The only issues with the larues was the black target in the shadows was really hard to see until the sun came up.

A hit anywhere above the base was called "hit" only if it did not fall.

But I did see a iron sight shooter engaging a target in the shadows

That had fallen already , only because it was not called "hit" and he had a hard time seeing it.

The stage design with very small amount of paper ( around 10 or less for the whole match) and a lot of reactive steel made for quick stage resets.

Which was really nice.

Thanks to all the hard working staff and fun squad #11 for making it a great time!

And congrats again to TY Gentry on winning the shotgun shoot off against Daniel H. That was a great show !

I am quite sure more than a few would disagree that the hanging gongs were "no problem at all" both in hits called, penalties applied , and or visibility. If they are to be used DON'T paint them once a day, as the first few squads have a huge advantage. At the start of the match paint them all gray and never paint them again. Then don't offer any division that relies on Mark 1 Mod O, or Mark 1 Mod 1 (with glasses) eye balls as the main magnification for the sighting system. Playing "Where,s Waldo" on the clock sucks.

Yes I saw that iron sight shooters run. He knocked down the LaRue that was in the shadow, couldn't tell , kept shooting at the area because he really couldn't see it in the first place, had to wait for the LaRge to re-set and then hit it again twice before anyone said anything and still ran the stage in 77 seconds, WOW! I think his time would have won the stage over-all if you take off the time for the LaRue to reset and get hit two more times!

Edited by kurtm

I am quite sure more than a few would disagree that the hanging gongs were "no problem at all" both in hits called, penalties applied , and or visibility. If they are to be used DON'T paint them once a day, as the first few squads have a huge advantage. At the start of the match paint them all gray and never paint them again. Then don't offer any division that relies on Mark 1 Mod O, or Mark 1 Mod 1 (with glasses) eye balls as the main magnification for the sighting system. Playing "Where,s Waldo" on the clock sucks.

Have to agree with Kurt on this one. Our squad finished Stage 10 very late (20 minutes after sunset) on Saturday and the targets were nearly invisible for the last several shooters. We asked the ROs if they could paint them before our squad started and they told us they were briefed to paint only once a day (in the morning). Seems like a better option would be for an RO to drive down range and paint targets as the on-deck squad is doing walk-thru.

Otherwise, my only request for next year is more shotgun stages - thought everything else was pretty dang good.