Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counds are highly frowned upon and could get you tossed into Open.

A round count would be cool tho.

Works for me since I'm already shooting open :cheers:

I just hope Horner doesn't shoot open at this match like he did last year haha

Rumor mill last time said he shot open with his Tac gear....I mean, he is practically GIVING you the match right? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Waiting for the new rule that states Horner has to shoot a revolver, lever action shotgun, and bolt action rifle. That way, he will only win by a little!

From the match staff:

We will shortly post the finalized round count. It is tentatively 72 Birdshot, 5 slug, 95 rifle and 88 pistol. We do not receive ammo shipments. All of the three recommended hotels we use in Bridgeport TX will receive and safegueard your shipments.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm packing like I always do. A case of shotgun shells, 300 or so pistol, 300 or so rifle, and a few boxes of slugs. Knowing round counts is nice, but I always end up taking about the same amount of stuff.

I guess if you have to ship ammo, you may need a better figure.

This will be my first time at FB, so I'm looking forward to it!!

I just talked with Zack at DSG Arms, our match FFL. DSG is going to speed up the check out process for all firearm/suppressor (FFL) winners. No paperwork handling on Sunday.

Local winners can come by the DSG showroom and pick up your prize there anytime (after that prize day Sunday). They'll even give you a tour of the new showroom if you want. It's normally restricted to LEO/Military only.

For those winners who are not local, DSG has agreed to ship your firearm to your FFL for FREE! Just drop off a copy of your FFL paperwork as you exit the prize area, they'll write your prize S/N on it and off you go! No additional hassles at the airport. You'll get your pistol/rifle/shotgun delivered to your FFL within a few days for FREE.

-6-

Final Round Count:

75 Bird Shot

8 Slug

91 Rifle

120 Pistol

-6-

Ya.........but do we get to shoot the stubby machine gun and awesome piece of 300 win mag sniper rifle???

That rifle was nice! I was saddened when they informed me that they were not for civilian sales. :-(

Side Match Announcement:

Brad Gannaway and the Team from HearPro like to preserve your hearing so...

Our newest sponsor, The Silencer Shop, and one of our original sponsors, JP Rifles are sponsoring a side match in pistol bay 1.

Brad's team has generously volunteered to run the show. I haven't confirmed 100% with Brad yet but I think it'll consist of JP's new 9mm AR upper (with suppressor of course) and some 9mm pistols (also suppressed). We're working out the ammo count, fees, prizes and other sorted details but it will definitely be a good time. More next week as Brad shoots me the details.

-6-

Final Round Count:

75 Bird Shot

8 Slug

91 Rifle

120 Pistol

-6-

Is that assuming one on the rifle and pistol per paper target? That count looks a lot like the count posted before that was one on each. We still don't have much of an idea if it is that or double that count (depends upon how much paper vs steel). Would it be too much to ask for some stages? Edited by B45C22

Final Round Count:

75 Bird Shot

8 Slug

91 Rifle

120 Pistol

-6-

Is that assuming one on the rifle and pistol per paper target? That count looks a lot like the count posted before that was one on each. We still don't have much of an idea if it is that or double that count (depends upon how much paper vs steel). Would it be too much to ask for some stages?

"Single Hits" on all targets (steel & paper). Diagrams are being finalized (QC'd) this week and should be revealed on the FB3Gun website this weekend.

Thanks for your patience. Work took me away longer than planned this weekend. The stages are now posted here:

http://fb3gun.com/Stage1.html

Note: Target locations are approximate and diagrams should not be used for ranging (cough. stages 8,9,10... cough, cough). Black and White versions of these diagrams will be in your Match Book.

-6-

Edited by Spartan-6

Thanks for your patience. Work took me away longer than planned this weekend. The stages are now posted here:

http://fb3gun.com/Stage1.html

Note: Target locations are approximate and diagrams should not be used for ranging (cough. stages 8,9,10... cough, cough). Black and White versions of these diagrams will be in your Match Book.

-6-

WOW... Bring a bucket of cold water to dump your pistol in between stages. Looks awesome... :cheers: Great way to celabrate my 25th wedding annv. shooten till the barrels melt............

Edited by Larry LeBeau