Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotgun targets showing orange disks are clay birds. There are steel shot targets as well on many of the shotgun stages. Rifle stages will include a few more 'long range' targets. Max range target this year is nearing 600 yards. Ya'll are just that good!

The range map for this year's match is now up for viewing at http://www.fb3gun.com/2013-stage-layout.html

-6-

Shotgun targets showing orange disks are clay birds. There are steel shot targets as well on many of the shotgun stages. Rifle stages will include a few more 'long range' targets. Max range target this year is nearing 600 yards. Ya'll are just that good!

The range map for this year's match is now up for viewing at http://www.fb3gun.com/2013-stage-layout.html

-6-

Hello, will there be a gong out on the sight in range at around 500 or so ????

For those familiar with the range - I have a golf cart. Would I be better off bringing it or driving between stages in a truck?

You can drive between stages, I don't think you'll be able to get to the top of the hill in a golf cart unless they have a different road.

Drive between stages....and something 4x4 or AWD might be nice if it rains. The "hill climb" to get up to a few stages seemed steep in my wimpy little Ford Escape.

Counting down the days until Babe's Chicken, Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes.....and oh ya, the match of course.

Drive between stages....and something 4x4 or AWD might be nice if it rains. The "hill climb" to get up to a few stages seemed steep in my wimpy little Ford Escape.

Counting down the days until Babe's Chicken, Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes.....and oh ya, the match of course.

And a BAR....../ :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers::devil:

Final Round Count:

75 Bird Shot

8 Slug

91 Rifle

120 Pistol

-6-

Is that assuming one on the rifle and pistol per paper target? That count looks a lot like the count posted before that was one on each. We still don't have much of an idea if it is that or double that count (depends upon how much paper vs steel). Would it be too much to ask for some stages?

"Single Hits" on all targets (steel & paper). Diagrams are being finalized (QC'd) this week and should be revealed on the FB3Gun website this weekend.

If I counted them all right (didn't really understand stage 6 since the number of targets on the diagram didn't match the stage description) this is what it looks like for 1 shot per steel and 2 shots per paper:

142 Pistol

96 Rifle

54 Birdshot

6 Slugs

If I counted them all right (didn't really understand stage 6 since the number of targets on the diagram didn't match the stage description)

Stage 6 - Engage steel rifle targets (Bridge guards numbered 1-5 on stage diagram) then cross bridge and engage two paper targets on your way to the DPMS barracade. From the barracade, engage the remaining steel targets (8 gongs, 1 E type - labeled 17). Once complete, dump safe rifle and draw pistol. Engage steel pistol poppers on your way to the steel plate rack (hold short of the fault line). Clean the rack. Win the prize. Hope that helps explain the stage better.

-6-

Question about the muzzle brake rule for tac optics.

I have an AAC brakeout. It's well under the length requirement, but the QD teeth are 1.135 in diameter. The functional brake part is 0.8635 and under in diameter. Can i use this or do I need to get another one?

I have an AAC brakeout. It's well under the length requirement, but the QD teeth are 1.135 in diameter. The functional brake part is 0.8635 and under in diameter. Can i use this or do I need to get another one?

Just talked with the RangeMaster. You're good to go. No need to get another one.

-6-

Momentary Blog Entry -

For those who have put on a national match before, you know how it is dealing with sponsors. I can honestly say that EVERY sponsor has been great to work with. Lots of last minute shuffling conversations via email and voice - these folks are freakin' awesome! Every single one of them. You'll see why when you see the prize tables.

-6-

New Side Match announcement! (More trigger time, their ammo!)

Adams Arms is going to be hosting a side match in carbine bay 3. The match booklet is already out to press so you'll want to pencil this one in. 5 targets testing accuracy and speed. They'll provide the rifle and ammo. All proceeds go to The Unit Scholarship Fund. We'll have more details at the match but it'll be a drag race for sure!

It will be located adjacent to the JP Rifle/Silencer Shop shoot in carbine bay 1.

-6-

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen:

Update on HM division. I only have 5 people registered in this division. You need 10 to recognize the division. What say you?

I can use your help with squad requests. You can use your confirmation number and password given to you when you registered to check to see who you requested to be squadded with. Please look at your original request before emailing me a duplicate request. If there is a change, then by all means, email me. I will do my best to honor all squad requests but am fearful that a request/change may get over looked- today alone I received 33 emails regarding squad requests!

I am getting excited!

See you soon!

Just talked with the RangeMaster. You're good to go. No need to get another one.

-6-

Great news. Almost bought one yesterday, glad I held off.

Any word on coupled mags being ok for tac ops?

Announcement for those registered in Heavy Irons. I only have 5 registered in this division. According to the rules, we need 10 to recognize the division. I have received confirmation from Jim that if you choose to stay in this division, those competitors will be grouped with the TI. Please contact me on my email if you have any questions.

Thank you-

Sandra

2013 FB3G Stats