Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me your SVI .40

SnivelingDramaQueen

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trace,

I have to compensate somehow.....that is why I buy SV's......if you can't shoot that great, you might as well look fabulous with fantastic equipment, right? I figured that if I went back to Single Stack, the gun would make me look skinnier too, right? Any advantage, percieved or real. Whatever it takes..........

Trace,

I have to compensate somehow.....that is why I buy SV's......if you can't shoot that great, you might as well look fabulous with fantastic equipment, right? I figured that if I went back to Single Stack, the gun would make me look skinnier too, right? Any advantage, percieved or real. Whatever it takes..........

No you misunderstood me. The part where you said you would receive it shortly!! I think if your name doesn't end in Tilley, Drummond or Boit, there is no such thing as shortly!!

Just got home from the range and wiped them off. Crappy quality iphone pic but you get the idea. 5" tracker and a 6" bushing gun.

sv_zps3811b78c.jpeg

Then here's my 3 gun pistol. Iphone pic turned out a little better on this one.

MySV_zpsdd9b1344.jpg

Edited by usp45ss

Usp45ss. How do you like the recoil pulse of a 5"tracker compared to the 6" bushing gun? I shot my dads 6" cheely but didn't like it. It felt like a wet noodle compared to my 5" gun. Just wondering how a tracker compares

Edited by APL-G35

Much different impulses. The 5" tracker slide has all that weight removed for the barrel rib so it cycles very fast. The barrel itself is also heavier so it has a little more weight that stays out front. It's impulse is more sharp, but it stays very flat. The sight recovery is extremely fast.

My 6" is internally lightened. I also used to have a 6" Cheely. When properly sprung, neither felt anything like a wet noodle to me. I'd say the impulse is definitely more of a push. I do notice the front sight lift higher on the 6" when shooting the same ammo. Sight recovery takes a fraction longer than the tracker.

I think the tracker really shines when it gets to minor ammo for 3 gun and steel. Slide velocity is still good even with very light loads.

Thanks, I guess wet noodle wasn't really appropriatly descriptive. I found the sights took longer to settle because they lifted higher. I was just as accurate but I guess I like the weight out front more like my lightened edge. Now I'm just curious to try a tracker

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine being held by someone whose last name is Drummond.

photo6.jpg

I am enamored with this gun every time I run across a picture of it. I think that my dream comp gun would be the open IMM brother to this gun.

My 6"

Limited1.jpg

Trace, I think it would only be fair if you were to give us a picture of all you Infinity guns together. That way we can get all of the spite out of our systems in one thread. Just start your own gallery thread, something like "this is why everyone loves to hate me" .

:sight: