Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cabelas has CCI primers in stock - SR, SP & LP

warpspeed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabela's in Lacey, WA had a few bricks of CCI 500 last Tuesday, limit of two per customer. Grabbed two. Went back a couple days later. Gone. Ditto powders.

Asked when they would get more in. Took sales guy couple minutes to stop laughing.

I tried to order some back on 2/20, and the order was cut short for the LPP. Didn't want to pay hazmat on just 4K of primers, so I canceled the rest of the order. I did see that there were some LPP/SPP/SRP available recently, so I ordered 10K LPP and saw that my card was charged. I was given a ship date of 3/11 for mine.

Good luck on the hunt...

Just FYI,

I would watch your updates careful with cabelas. They tend to automatically cancel part of your order and continue shipping the remaining part without your consent. I ordered primers and powder from them a few weeks ago and I found out 90% of my order was canceled and I was charged $29 on a single box of primers($32). :\.

-P

I'll wait for Powder Valley since they don't price gouge.

You want to hear price gouging? A local gunshop in San antonio, Nagles, charging $32 for 100 (yes that one-hundred) primers. I',m happy to get them from Cabelas for $37 a 1000. Yes it's high, but I don't have the luxury of waiting on PV right now, if I am going to continue shooting matches.

I'll wait for Powder Valley since they don't price gouge.

You want to hear price gouging? A local gunshop in San antonio, Nagles, charging $32 for 100 (yes that one-hundred) primers. I',m happy to get them from Cabelas for $37 a 1000. Yes it's high, but I don't have the luxury of waiting on PV right now, if I am going to continue shooting matches.

When things get back to normal I hope that LGS has zero customers. His choice to charge what he wants with supply and demand, customers choice to shop elsewhere. The system works.

lol - if they want 10,000 at that price.. I'm in!

pdogg -- did you have *words* with Cabela's about that ? Thanks for the heads-up. We're getting hosed enough as it is.

Haha indeed. I caught it the first time so no charge but the 2nd time they sent an email and shipped the following day. I called and they said refunded, but I found out later that week it was only for the primers!!! 2nd time I called "with more enthusiasim" they refunded the shipping and hazmat. ;). In the end cabelas did right, but calling twice to get a full refund was a hassle.

-P

I placed an order a couple of weeks ago for both SP and SR. At the time Cabela's showed all of them in stock and I got a conformation email later that day. The next day I received an email from them saying the SR were back ordered about 6 weeks and they would be shipping the SP. I called immediately, first to complain about the back order and second to complain about getting hazmat charged twice. They said they don't do that. Maybe it's because it went from in stock to back order after my order, not sure. Ended up got the SR primers a day after the SP primers and a $25 gift check for my troubles!

Nice they gave you a gift card...that would of made my experience worth it. I called in this time and asked about the stock. The CS said they were showing a strong inventory so I ordered again. We'll see. The only thing now is I'm not getting any email updates so I'm in the dark here about the currently status unless I call to check my order.

Edited by pdogg