2013 USPSA Handgun Rules?

Bunchies95

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to add an "underwear must be worn by all kilt wearing RM's". Not that I'm singling anyone in particular out.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion, Chuck. :devil:

It took you a full month for a comeback? How about jealously may be ugly but nowhere near as bad as the view up your skirt. (There'd be a little smiley here but I'm on my phone)

Any items that are deleted are shown crossed out. Any new items are underlined and bold.

hello ipsc long time more than 10 year make change like that - very good and clear. See this one:

post-3515-0-96234200-1366114526_thumb.jp

Edited by uzi

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe if all the USPSA clubs stopped paying their mission count and classifier fees for the local club matches until the 2013 rules got released that would get their attention. Being almost 6 months into 2013 and still not having the rules officially released is very delinquent.

Maybe if all the USPSA clubs stopped paying their mission count and classifier fees for the local club matches until the 2013 rules got released that would get their attention. Being almost 6 months into 2013 and still not having the rules officially released is very delinquent.

All that would really accomplish would be to hose the competitors -- for classification -- and the clubs, for activity credits.....

I am not saying my suggestion is the best solution to the issue. But I am pointing out a valid fact that if you refuse payment to any business based of displeasure of services rendered they usually pay attention to those kind of issues. You put a monkey wrench into any business cash flow and it WILL get the attention of the decision makers.

I am not sure if this lack of urgency to release the 2013 rule book deems it a valid decision for a club to go as far as stopping fee payment. That is for each club to decide on their own. I myself am not at that point, but the thought has crossed my mind.

I don't see why it would take an organization of this size which has full time dedicated staff and a legion of volunteers more than 6 months to publish and distribute the new 2013 rule book. Maybe the USPSA and NROI team can shed some light on why this is so excessively delayed.

The paid staff doesn't have much to do with it.....

The BOD is in charge of approving rules changes. Generally they appear to consider it prudent to review the rules prior to publishing a new rulebook. That's a bit of work -- and they are volunteers. There aren't legions of them -- and there's even fewer legions on the rules sub-committee....

rules sub-committee....

I didn't know there was a rules sub-committee. Maybe a few shooters who are retired from FT jobs could do it. I'd do it if there was a call out for volunteers. BOD would still have to approve and that may take just as much time as it has now.

I doubt a new rulebook is holding up much club activity. All it means is the old rules are still being followed, right?

Part of the problem is that there are several NROI/BOD rulings that are already in effect, but they aren't in any rulebook yet.

That is not a problem at all. We all know, or should know, rulings posted to the USPSA web page and/or in Front Sight are valid rules. The lack of an updated rulebook makes no difference.

So when I go to work a match, I need to bring the following:

Latest rulebook

Printout of rulings from USPSA web site

Printout of USPSA BOD minutes

All back issues of Front Sight magazine.

Yeah, no problem at all.

Latest rulebook

Yeah, no problem at all.

That is plain ridiculous. You've never heard of pen-and-ink-changes? You never heard of page changes? Unless you have some sort of strange affinity to old Front Sight mags, it is very easy to cut out the changes. It is not hard to brush up on said changes enroute to a match.

Latest rulebook

Yeah, no problem at all.

That is plain ridiculous. You've never heard of pen-and-ink-changes? You never heard of page changes? Unless you have some sort of strange affinity to old Front Sight mags, it is very easy to cut out the changes. It is not hard to brush up on said changes enroute to a match.

Yes

but when you DQ a person for violating a rule update from Front Sight it would be nice to show them what ruling the call came from. :blush: