Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag Dilemma

dlouie87

Just did some research, looks like the shooters connection bag is made in the USA! I would go with them. Again, I would also check out I-Shot!

I can tell you that the Shooters Connection bag and Midways Competition bag are the exact same bag except Midways are made in China... Mdway = $39.00 Shooters Connection = $100.00

I have read that Shooters Connection supports a lot of competitions and is also a site supporter of a lot of other firearm website/forums. I know they are a paid sponsor of Calguns.net (or were) . I am always a fan of supporting site contributors.

Anyway, just tryin to give you a few things to think about as I was in the market for a bag a year ago... after literally 3 weeks of reading and researching I wanted the Bagmaster... I decided it was to $$ and was going to buy the I-Shot. For some reason, I liked the look of the CED and I they had a few other things I needed so to save on shipping I went with them. I would pass there and my next bag will be either the Bagmaster or I-Shot.

I am sure the Shooters Connection bag is very nice and well constructed! Their website says it can hold up to 12 lbs stacked on top the bag. This is a big deal for me, you don't want the bag all flimsy and stuff when its loaded up.

Edited by Cundiff5535

I just bought thew Midway Bag. It seems like a really nice bag. It has the inner pull out bag.

Not sure how it will hold up. Time will tell!

Mine held up over 2 years of weekly use. I only replaced it because I received the CED bag as a gift.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The shooter connection bag is way too big to carry around. I had one for 2 years and finally gave mine away. The CED is a better size but I have now gone to a good tactical backpack for my shooting and range needs

What type of backpacks are you using?

I really like the Shooters Connection bag. I can carry everything in it and leave it in the truck if I dont want to lug it around. I just pull the inner bag out and load up what I need. Can't go wrong with the Shooters Connection bag as well as the people that sell it!

The shooter connection bag is way too big to carry around. I had one for 2 years and finally gave mine away. The CED is a better size but I have now gone to a good tactical backpack for my shooting and range needs

What type of backpacks are you using?

Not Albert, but my range bag is a Maxpedition Falcon II. Before that it was iShot's big bag, and before that the Shooter's Connection bag. The bags were great, and held up, but my back demanded a pack.

I have been using the large Midway bag for a few years and it has held up great. For my birthday last month, a buddy bought me the CED/DAA range pack. I was apprehensive at first because it is sooo large(and expensive). After using it for a few local matches, it is the best thing since sliced bread. Everything has it's own dedicated space. It was certainly designed by an experienced shooter. You do have to be mindful not to "fill it up" just because you have gobs of space.

I have a CED deluxe Bag... It is coming up on exactly one year since I bought this. I will say, I was very, very happy with the bag for the first 7-9 moths. I honestly couldn't have been happier. It came with a few extra bags for range brass, very well constructed, and I liked the fact that not only could I bring 3 pistols to the range with me, I could easily fit all the mags I needed into the front compartment. I also have a mag pouch that fits perfectly into the back pocket!

About 2 months ago, my bag started "caving", losing its shape, and has become somewhat of a pain in the ass. The side of my bag are leaning in, the smaller (front and back) of the bag are also losing shape fast. I will admit, I have used the crap out it the bag but, it should last more than 1 year.

I called CED and the woman said she had never heard of that. I told her that I when I bought the bag I asked about this very thing. I was told this would be covered by the warrantee against anything like that. I was also told that this bag could hold up to 16lb box sitting on top of it (Not sure who would put a heavy box on top a range bag but, it made me feel like it was going to last! I treat all my equipment crazy good and take care of my bags and pistols like no other. One year after purchase and this bag is now falling apart. I was told by CPE that they would look in to it and they were going to call me back. Still no call back. They have not stood by their product and I would certainly NOT buy anything from them ever again.

I honestly didnt even expect them to replace the bag... a simple call back telling me that after a year use at the range, normal break down etc happens. Even though I would have still been pissed, it would have been fine and I would have at least no bad mouthed the company. When someone tells me they will call me back and they do not... well, thats when I write off a company. The other thing is, these are made in China, I was originally told by a rep at CED that these were produced in the states... Well, plain as day, the inside tag clearly says made in China. I would recommend to everyone to buy American.... there are many reasons that I will not get into, and this isnt the time and place for a rant like that. There are several companies that made far better and quality bag that is made right here in the USA.

I would seriously tell you to look into Bagmaster or I-Shot. I know they are a little bit more $ but, they all have a lifetime warranty and you will be getting a GREAT bag. If these jokers at CED do not warranty my bag, I will be buying an Ashburn bag from I-Shot (Same price as the CED). I really like the Suede Leather Pro Shooter's Bag from Bagmaster but, its a bit pricey.

Anyway, just my thoughts!

Guys, I just wanted to updated this since I bad mouthed this company... They finally called me back (after2 months). They have agreed to either replace my bag, or refund my money on the bag). Still not happy that it took 4 calls and me leaving messages (with an actual person, not an answering machine).

Anyway, like I said, I will be going with the I-Shot bag or the Bagmaster bag...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Midway Compact Competition bag and my friend has the Midway Full size competition bag and we both shoot weekly if not a couple time a week, lugging these bags around they have held up amazingly, constant use for the last 5 months and the look and feel like the day i got it. I would highly consider one of them, and at half the price as some there hard to pass up.

Compact bag:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939167522/midwayusa-compact-competition-range-bag

Full-size bag:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

I have the Midway Compact Competition bag and my friend has the Midway Full size competition bag and we both shoot weekly if not a couple time a week, lugging these bags around they have held up amazingly, constant use for the last 5 months and the look and feel like the day i got it. I would highly consider one of them, and at half the price as some there hard to pass up.

Compact bag:

http://www.midwayusa...ition-range-bag

Full-size bag:

I also have a midway bag. I bought it when I was new to the game and swore it was a great bag. But then I got my hands on a Shooter's Connection bag. Brother there is no comparison. The midway bag is not a "bad" bag. It's just that the SC bag is sooo much better. SC bags are more like luggage. As a matter of fact I just bought a new SC bag the other day. I went with the full size bag this time since I now use a cart to tote my stuff around the range.

Compact bag:

Full-size bag:

I also have a midway bag. I bought it when I was new to the game and swore it was a great bag. But then I got my hands on a Shooter's Connection bag. Brother there is no comparison. The midway bag is not a "bad" bag. It's just that the SC bag is sooo much better. SC bags are more like luggage. As a matter of fact I just bought a new SC bag the other day. I went with the full size bag this time since I now use a cart to tote my stuff around the range.

Sarge, so you started with a smaller one right?

Edited by dlouie87

Compact bag:

Full-size bag:

Sarge, so you started with a smaller one right?

Full size midway, then SC ultra, now back to full size SC.

Compact bag:

Full-size bag:

Thanks Sarge, i guess when my Midway bag meets the end of use ill have to look at picking up one of the SC bags.

I have both of the Shooters Connection bags. I use the large bag for practice at my home range and for indoor use so I can carry more stuff than I need. I prefer the slightlt smaller SC bag for matches. Lightens the load a little and still hold plenty of gear.