Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Quad Load

Finally got around to a few practice sessions with my quad loaders. Still need a lot of work to get good and consistent but I was hitting some 4.0's for load eight pretty regular. Most of the small flubs I had would still come in just under 5.0 but there were still some total disasters......so far I think I'm going to really like these!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found i kept hanging up on the second shell. 1st would go in fine, but second one would jam.

Kept practicing and got the motion down right.

I have 4 in a chest rig and I love it.

I'm having the same problem... What did you adjust to fix it? I can hit it correctly about 75% of the time if I go slow, but once I start to speed up my error rate increases drastically.

Wow, that was fast. That's got me rethinking using my quadloads weak hand

Smokin' reload!!! I've tried strong hand and it hasn't worked for me. Maybe there is a little nuance that is escaping me. After seeing that, I may have to look at it again.

Yep, a little anticipation of the beep. It is fun to burn these types of reloads and they are becoming for frequent with practice. He very seldom "flubs" a reload anymore. We will see how the "real time" reloads look at our next match. This is my son's second season of 3-gun and is picking up things fast.

You got me on the early start, I just couldn't wait anymore. ;) I have to say that I'm truly impressed with this reload system. TACCOM's shell caddies combined with Brian Payne's reload technique has cut my reload time in half. The ol' man is one hell of an instructor!

The fumble factor around 3 seconds to 3.5 seconds is very low during dry-fire (I haven't had much of a chance to use this system in the "wild"), but I will admit that, like all reloading methods, you do fumble more as you pick up the speed. As far as the difficulty, I can't speak much to the duaload method because I've never actually tried it, but I've found that the quadload was relatively easy to pick up. I was fortunate that my father taught me this method, and we have worked out (still working out) a lot of the kinks together.

I've been dead set on sticking w/ loading weak hand out of caddies. But, seeing that 8 in 2.6 is possible has me reconsidering....

Thanks a lot, Brian and Nathan Payne.... You guys may be costing me money....

:) Awesome loads, guys.

Good loading. How is the fumble factor? How much more difficult is it to maintain control of 4 vs 2 shells?

I spoke to that a bit here, if it helps: http://www.brianenos...6

IMO, it all comes down to getting a good grip on the shells right off the bat....the load just flows after that. If I mess up that initial grip, it can go bad quickly.

That video is pretty old, as I've gone to quad-load a couple months back also.

Going to do a new video here shortly showing quadload, but lately I've been using 8rd 4.5s runs for warm-up, 8rd 3.5s for practice runs, and 8rd 3.2s runs for pushing to get faster. I can hit the 3.5s reasonably consistently, but can't get the 3.2s very often unless everything goes just right.

I think one of the first times I ran quadload in actual an actual match ended up in a fumble that turned the load slow as hell (~6-7s), but the load was still decent enough to get something like the

In contrast, here is a

and
, but I had spent more time with load2 so it showed in the match conditions.

Load2 is faster to pick up and execute with less practice, but it doesn't have the overall potential speed of quadload.

I load with my off-hand, keeping the shooting hand on the grip.

The fellow above is killing it.

Edited by AustinWolv

That was wild...... Gotta ding ya 5 seconds for the false start which makes it a 7.6 second reload. Don't you just hate range nazis...... just joking. Impressive reload.

DWIGHT

Yep...Hopefully he gets dinged for 5 seconds on every reload. That's about what it going to take for me to keep up with him at the match this coming weekend. :P

I've decided to make this my primary loading technique, I'm below 4 seconds pretty consistently, and have beaten 3.6 second par a few times for a load 8, rolling the gun and quad loading weak hand. I'm certainly not loading anywhere near as fast as some of these guys, but I'm a believer in the system.

That was wild...... Gotta ding ya 5 seconds for the false start which makes it a 7.6 second reload. Don't you just hate range nazis...... just joking. Impressive reload.

DWIGHT

Yep...Hopefully he gets dinged for 5 seconds on every reload. That's about what it going to take for me to keep up with him at the match this coming weekend. :P

He might be able to beat you but not you and the RO. Lol

Dwight

Edited by Dwight Stearns

I found i kept hanging up on the second shell. 1st would go in fine, but second one would jam.

Kept practicing and got the motion down right.

I have 4 in a chest rig and I love it.

I'm having the same problem... What did you adjust to fix it? I can hit it correctly about 75% of the time if I go slow, but once I start to speed up my error rate increases drastically.

Not sure that I have fixed it. ;)

I am telling myself slow is smooth... Hoping that means smooth is fast.

Thinking better to go slow and get all 4 in each time than try to go fast and get hung up.

Even slow with the Taccom is faster for me than loading off the belt.