Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production optics

Wilkenstein

In all honesty I would be surprised to see it move forward. I hope it does and I'll shoot it if comes about but I don't think it's going to be approved.

It will eventually happen.

It just depends if USPSA wants to lead from the front :)

Or react later

But it will happen.

I've found that proactive actions are much more productive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S&W and FNS both sell 'production-legal' guns that are capable of mounting a red-dot scopes, either they think that a market exists for such guns or they think that there is a potential market.
  • If a market exists or has the potential to exist then USPSA can contribute to both by providing a division where such guns can be competitive.

The fundamental problem with this is something I already pointed out.

These type of guns have existed for a good number of years now(try more then 15). Long before Smith and FN made their factory versions .The people that have been building these guns for years ARE NOT simply taking a "production gun" and milling a dot on it and having a other wise production legal gun. These guns are what proved the concept that made your 2 examples above.

So what you've done is created a division for a certain concept of gun, but completely disregarded why those guns exist is the 1st place, and ignored the state that these already-out-there guns are in as far as modifications, segregating a majority of those who already own a "pro-op" gun.

Good job bro

If PO becomes a reality it will be the biggest division in five years.

I think that is possible, if not the biggest then certainly in the top three divisions in USPSA. But it needs to get approved first....

It has great potential. But just reading this thread shows there is a lot of support, but a lot of people do not want it, and if instituted I think don't want it to succeed.

Luckily, once a provisional division gets approved all the nah sayer's voices are instantly silenced since the division will live or die by those who shoot it ... Not by people who don't like it sending e-mails to the BoD ...

Recently I invested in a Zev G17 Open gun. I finally got the PF high enough to make the Comp work. The only problem was, in a match (250 + rds.) my arthritic hands and wrists, couldn't handle the Major recoil. I tried shooting Open in minor, but was handed my A$$ every time. So I sold it.

If the BoD did OK Production Optics, I'd jump on it immediately.

Will the slide mounted dots hold up better in minor? I know just from what I have read on here and else where that they suck on major guns...The burris3 and rts2 seem to be nothing but junk on major guns. The new delta point thats coming out might be a good one, but the same thing was said about the others.

Will the slide mounted dots hold up better in minor? I know just from what I have read on here and else where that they suck on major guns...The burris3 and rts2 seem to be nothing but junk on major guns. The new delta point thats coming out might be a good one, but the same thing was said about the others.

Time will tell

I mean do we kinda already gave this? Yes we do, open. But I think it gives the normal joe another way to play without spending thousands of dollars.

"Normal Joe" can already shoot the same gun in Open.

to play in this division.. is there an optic mount I can use on an XDM.. that doesn't make an exterior alteration to the pistol?

Rear sight dovetail mount, I know Leupold has them for the Delta Point's

Thanks.. found that one at Springer's.. not sure if you've done it, but is it that hard to swap them back and forth?

If so, maybe I'll check utting the dot on a G34

I will probably just get the slide on my Shadow milled to accommodate the DP2 as once I make the move to PO I would not plan to go back & shoot irons. I've already headed down that slippery slope by switching to open rimfire & open centerfire for Steel Challenge & have no plans to shoot irons there ... PO would save me from having to move to Open and deal with major power et al ...

Thanks.. found that one at Springer's.. not sure if you've done it, but is it that hard to swap them back and forth?

If so, maybe I'll check utting the dot on a G34

I'm using the SpringerPrecision one on my XDM 5.25 there are no modifications necessary just remove the existing sight and screw in the new one.