Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine pouches for single stack

Zmego

Any reason why? I'm using a CR Speed belt and pouches, they are really awesome. Really worth the money IMHO. I'm not a fan of doubles, I like single pouches and especially the CR Speed, because you can change each one and set it up exactly how you want, including the cant and tension. They also pull them away from your body, which makes it a lot easier and faster to get the mags out.

Edited by polizei1

On mu duty rig I have an Uncle MIke's Quad single stack pouch. I reall like it. I normally shoot Limited with a 6" STI, but cayy my Kimber gold Combat when I work in uniform (a couple of days every month or two, or special events). I do not shoot SSTK division so I do not know if they would fit that criteria.

Hello: It is hard to beat the Safariland 771's. I have 6 I use for big matches but usually only put 5 on for local matches. I have a 34" waist and can reach them all. They fit very well on a CR Speed belt or you could look at the Safariland belt system. They are available from Shooters Connection or Safariland. The CR Speeds are good also when you use the spacers from Sean at Power Factor Shooting. Thanks, Eric

I'm not saying they are the best option, but I run basic Blackhawk single stack mag pouches when I shoot SSTK.

They were cheap, and available locally when I got started, and I've never had a reason to change them.

I chop them up pretty good, to expose more of the mag... and modify the spring inside for a little less tension, and they work GREAT.

I believe Jarret used them at the 2011 SSTK Nationals. I noticed he also had them chopped up a lot like mine.

This is what they look like new.

Magpouch.jpg

I'm not saying they are the best option, but I run basic Blackhawk single stack mag pouches when I shoot SSTK.

They were cheap, and available locally when I got started, and I've never had a reason to change them.

I chop them up pretty good, to expose more of the mag... and modify the spring inside for a little less tension, and they work GREAT.

I believe Jarret used them at the 2011 SSTK Nationals. I noticed he also had them chopped up a lot like mine.

Magpouch.jpg

I'd love to see a pic of your "chopped" version...

Edited by lumpygravy

I'd love to see a pic of your "chopped" version...

No problem, I'll take one when I get home.

Here ya go. I chop the tops off, so that most of the mag is exposed. I also cut some length off of the leaf spring inside for less tension. An added bonus is that this makes them lean out a little away from your body as you can see in the second picture.

I run DAA Racers in Limited, but these work well for me in SSTK.

88F8CAEE-0F68-4AD9-9D5E-86959E7D3A34-467-0000002843D98AE3.jpg

B50BDE11-0B20-45DB-9269-674FD7691761-467-0000002853E46364.jpg

Here ya go. I chop the tops off, so that most of the mag is exposed. I also cut some length off of the leaf spring inside for less tension. An added bonus is that this makes them lean out a little away from your body as you can see in the second picture.

Thanks for the pics. Those might be interesting.

I'm guessing that the internal leaf spring you mention is for retention? to hold the mag tight in the carrier? and that cutting is the only way to adjust the tension?

Thanks for the pics. Those might be interesting.

I'm guessing that the internal leaf spring you mention is for retention? to hold the mag tight in the carrier? and that cutting is the only way to adjust the tension?

Yep, you are correct. The leaf spring pushes against the mag tube, and they are VERY tight when you get them. I just trim a little of the end of the spring, and they feel much better.

Here ya go.... they worked for him Ha.

ToddJarretMags.png