Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Dawn

9X23Guy

You will never hear me say this especially the day after whooping up on them but The First Movie WAS GREAT

WOLVERINES!!!!!!

Kind of a display of the basics of why we will never be occupied by an outside enemy. Inside still worries me a bit

You will never hear me say this especially the day after whooping up on them but The First Movie WAS GREAT

WOLVERINES!!!!!!

Kind of a display of the basics of why we will never be occupied by an outside enemy. Inside still worries me a bit

I liked it but we are already being occupied. Just look at the election. Didn't even fire a shot.

My best friend saw it a few days ago. He liked the original better.

Wife and I just got back from seeing it. I liked the original better, too. I guess Fairchild AFB outside Spokane was taken out by one of those non-nuke bombs. Joint base Lewis-McChord outside Seattle must have been hit by one of those, too. Maybe those bases are where the HUMVEEs came from as well.

At least they explain how the NK forces get the heavy airlift to cross the Pacific...the Russians. I liked the discussion the SGM gave about where fighting was happening. Running gun battles in Florida and such. I need to buy more ammo.

Edited by remoandiris

• 2 weeks later...

From imdb:

The film made the Guinness Book of Records for having the most acts of violence of any film up to that time. According to their calculations, 134 acts of violence occur per hour, 2.23 per minute.

The film's replica Soviet T-72 tank was so precise that when it was transported to the studio, two CIA agents followed and wanted to know where it had come from.

The plot, a Soviet/Cuban invasion from Mexico, was based on CIA and War College studies of US weaknesses at the time.

The sprocket wheel on all modern tanks is in the rear. The replica Soviet equipment was mostly American M-48 tanks. Driving the tanks backward and adding a fiberglass turret gave the replicas a more authentic look.

Also I read somewhere (I can't find the reference now) that Milius intended it as much as a shot against the domestic gov't as opposed to a possible soviet invasion.

One of the most memorable scenes from the original was one of the Soviet leaders telling one of his soldiers to go to the local gun store and get the Form 4473s to find out who all the gun owners are and where they lived.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We watched this last night. The girlfriend liked it, I thought it sucked. I loved the first one, still watch it every time it's on.

About the only good thing from the movie was a few of the jabs and salutes to the first move:

Drinking the deer blood ( won't say what happens so as not to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet )

The resistance message "the chair is against the wall" ( which was in the first movie )

Plus, this exchange when they were looking at the Mac-10 ( or whatever POS machine pistol it was ):

Matt Eckert: "Man those are awesome"

Jed Eckert: "Not if you know anything"

• 9 months later...

I enjoyed it. I hadn't seen the original in over 10 years, so I wasn't really trying to compare it to the Patrick Swayze version, just enjoyed it for what it was.

If I remember correctly, the original had the distinction of being the first movie with a PG-13 rating.

My philosophy with the movies is this: I go to the movies to be entertained…not to witness reality on the big screen UNLESS the movie is supposedly about something that really happened.

Otherwise I sit back and forget about the real world while I am entertained.

If I want to see entertaining reality I could always go to work and have my front seat at the greatest show on earth…the LEO job.