Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11,000 lbs 5.56 Lake City Brass on auction

I'm afraid the End Use Certificate is what holds most people back. By the way, I calculated that out to approx 800,000pcs of brass & at the present bid less than one cent each. Considerably less. If only.................... :-) Oh well.

MLM

It basically states what you are going to do with the item and allows the gov to to keep track of it......it shouldn't hold anyone back unless they just do not like giving the gov information that they already have anyways...

Plus I believe that it's mainly for restricting export out of the country, they don't like that.

When I looked up the EUC on the web it states you will be issued a certificate on the "conditions you will not resell the brass in its present condition" or something like that. Maybe I was wrong? I couldn't find anyplace to apply for one so that may have been a misunderstanding from me or from the place that posted that.

Still seemed like a heck of a deal if someone had the certificate.

MLM

Calculate that out by the approx size of the five bins & I could take my 16' trailer, build it into plywood box 80" wide, 192" long, & 48" tall & I could haul it all! hahaha. Only problem is I think it would be overweight for the trailer. Crossing state lines or meeting state troopers could be a real nightmare. $$$ fines.

MLM

Calculate that out by the approx size of the five bins & I could take my 16' trailer, build it into plywood box 80" wide, 192" long, & 48" tall & I could haul it all! hahaha. Only problem is I think it would be overweight for the trailer. Crossing state lines or meeting state troopers could be a real nightmare. $$$ fines.

MLM

That shouldn't be a problem. You just need a friend with a transam, a CB radio and brush up on your CB lingo

Seems like you could just get a group of shooters to drive their trucks down there with you and split it up to haul back? And while your at it, when you get home let those same guys store it for you until you need some more. They would just have to be careful not to get it mixed in with their own by mistake.

$39,600/800,000 pieces = 4.95 cents each, a nickel basically, figure in primer, powder, and bullet.

3 cents for the primer, then a penny for the powder, what? Maybe 15 cents.... So 24 cents per round...

What is the steel cased ammo from Russia running per round?

I don't know how anyone is going to make a profit turning that into ammo?

MLM

Just get plates rated for a higher weight. That's easy and cheap.