Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Colt 3 Man 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for a great match, Dean. It's always a fun match at Topton, and this time even better---you and your ROs really made the match flow very smoothly. MHI Team Chesapeake can't wait for Round 2 at Peacemaker!

The drive up and back was brutal but the match was worth it! We can't wait for the next one at Peacemaker!

Tell me about it...........we left at 7 am from Ontario, pulled into the resort at 7pm. Going around the Great Lakes to keep legal was not fun. Up at 6 to head to the range............a full day of shooting ended at 4 pm then on the highways again.......pulling into the house just after midnight. Lots of windshield time but well worth it from my perspective. I am also looking forward to the next installment at Peacemaker. We might even do something outrageous like practice!

Edited by stormbringer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is some hotel info for the second Colt match

The Hampton Inn Inwood

4758 Gerrardstown Rd

Inwood, WV 25428

304-229-6677

The Comfort Inn Martinsburg

1872 Edwin Miller Blvd

Martinsburg, WV 25404

304-263-6200

They both have room set aside for us. I am waiting to here from the Hampton Inn Martinsburg.

The rooms will be held till 6/21, try to make your reservations before then.

• 1 month later...

Any one have a recommendation for a cool, pet friendly, place to stay? My wife and son are coming to man a booth at the match, and we'll have a new puppy in tow. It's part of our nomadic summer vacation. I've looked online without much luck and need to keep it fun for them so they will be enthusiastic about attending more matches in the future.

Thanks!

Any one have a recommendation for a cool, pet friendly, place to stay? My wife and son are coming to man a booth at the match, and we'll have a new puppy in tow. It's part of our nomadic summer vacation. I've looked online without much luck and need to keep it fun for them so they will be enthusiastic about attending more matches in the future.

Thanks!

Motel 6 is pet friendly.

Check out www.petswelcome.com It shows the Comfort Inn as being dog friendly.

Thanks, unfortunately the Martinsburg one specifically forbids them. They allow "service" dogs only. Considering the pup will only be about three months old, I doubt that will fly!

Motel 6 is pet friendly.

Yes, and I while I appreciate that they "Leave the lights on", I think my wife and son would prefer something with a few more amenities! The goal is for them to have a blast so that they are begging to come to the next match with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Get ready for EVENT #2 at Peacemaker in Glengary, WV!! Dean asked me to post this for him as a guideline for how much ammo to bring to West Virginia:

Round count for each person (not per team) is as follows**:

Rifle: 150

Pistol: 150

Bird Shot: 150

Slugs: 5 to 10

**NOTE: PLEASE Keep in mind this round count is per person, not per team. Due to the potential for optional targets on stages AND depending on how you & your team decide to shoot the stages you may personally shoot more or less of each type of ammunition. There can be a lot of variation in a 3-man, 3-gun team event so please consider this a round count guideline. Sorry, but stages will not be posted ahead of time.