Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 2011 Gunsmith

56hawk

Getting back into competing after ten years and all of my open guns are broken. The gunsmith who built them has retired so I need to find someone else to fix them. The most difficult one the comp got blown off the barrel. It's a 6" frame so the comp sits inside the frame and was custom made for the gun. The other guns need minimal trigger work, new hammers, cosmetic work and hard chroming. Anyone have some recommendations on who to send these guns to?

I'm in California, but I figure they are going to have to be shipped anyway since they all need to be chromed. No big hurry on getting them done. As long as the turn around is months and not years. The big thing is someone who can build a good comp to fit the 6" frame.

Getting back into competing after ten years and all of my open guns are broken. The gunsmith who built them has retired so I need to find someone else to fix them. The most difficult one the comp got blown off the barrel. It's a 6" frame so the comp sits inside the frame and was custom made for the gun. The other guns need minimal trigger work, new hammers, cosmetic work and hard chroming. Anyone have some recommendations on who to send these guns to?

One thing I forgot to mention....

Welcome to The Forums.... :cheers:

Look in the Vendors Section on the Forums and you will see a number of very good and qualified gunsmiths... Any of these can and will help you do what you need done.....

I send my guns to Triangle Shooting Sports for all my needs but just because Benny Hill is so tall and handsome....:devil:

Edited by Merlin Orr

Welcome to The Forums.... :cheers:

I send my guns to Triangle Shooting Sports for all my needs but just because Benny Hill is so tall and handsome....:devil:

Thanks, and I looked at Triangles website. Looks like some pretty good work.

i would strongly recommend Bruce Gray. Give him a call, his work is brilliantly done

I looked at his website, but I didn't see much in the way of open guns.

I probably should have titled this thread as, "Recommend a 2011 Gunsmith". Anyway, I attached a picture so everyone can see what I'm talking about. The gun that needs the most work in on the left. The comp has to be built specific for the gun, so that is going to be a big factor in who I send it to.

post-43768-0-72163500-1351457496_thumb.j

Hmmm that kinda looks like Johnny Lim's work. I bet he could do what you want.

Good catch. The second gun does have an older Limcat comp on it (It was new at the time). Johnny didn't do any of the work on the gun though. I might just give him a call. He is within driving distance of me.

Send the SVI's to SVI...

They are just SV frames, not factory guns.

Jimmy Vidanes: 1911 Speed Shop.

JoJo Vidanes: JV Dynamics.

Two of the best in the nation, right in So Cal. Brothers, but do their own thing.

Jimmy does all of his comps from scratch. Awesome work.

You don't need to ship the gun out of CA to get chromed. They both send guns to Techplate in Anaheim, CA for finishing.

Hmmm that kinda looks like Johnny Lim's work. I bet he could do what you want.

Good catch. The second gun does have an older Limcat comp on it (It was new at the time). Johnny didn't do any of the work on the gun though. I might just give him a call. He is within driving distance of me.

Send the SVI's to SVI...

They are just SV frames, not factory guns.

Johnny Lim is usually at the Richmond Hotshots range for the 1st Sunday Match, Solano Targetmasters for the 2nd Sunday Match, or NCPS for the 4th Sunday Match, so the drive might be shorter than you thought!

I'm not sure what is up with their websites this week.

Just noticed that myself.

Jimmy is who I mainly use. He has two facebook pages. You can see a lot of his work there.

http://www.facebook.com/josejaime.vidanes

http://www.facebook.com/kadilakjim

His number is 951-545-0492

kadilakjim@aol.com

If he doesn't pick up, he's usually on the mill. He builds guns all day. Most of our local shooters either have a gun built by Jimmy or JoJo. They run the Norco Running Gun match every Saturday as well. They are very active.

Tell him Jared Jackson referred you. I was just hanging out with him Friday night.

Edited by JaeOne3345