Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congrats Ben on 2 in a row!

38SuperDub

But he did not win the match ..... To quote some of Ben's own words, isn't that like winning a category award? 2nd place is pretty good, but it's still 2nd place.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I'm just using words Ben has already said. Doesn't matter if you're 2nd or 102nd, we still compare ourselves against the best shooter present at that match, that day. And we see how we stack up. Sure you can call it a national championship, but it's still a contest of who is the best shooter at that match.

And I think, or rather I hope, Ben knows what I mean when I say this, but it's true. I was awarded Area 5 Champion earlier this year, because the match winner, Shane Coley, doesn't live in Area 5. But it doesn't mean that much to say I'm Area 5 Champ, because 2nd place is still 2nd place.

I'm sure Ben can do better given the chance, and this may be the push he needs. He's pushed pretty far already. Keep it up, and congratulations on your win!

But he did not win the match ..... To quote some of Ben's own words, isn't that like winning a category award? 2nd place is pretty good, but it's still 2nd place.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I'm just using words Ben has already said. Doesn't matter if you're 2nd or 102nd, we still compare ourselves against the best shooter present at that match, that day. And we see how we stack up. Sure you can call it a national championship, but it's still a contest of who is the best shooter at that match.

And I think, or rather I hope, Ben knows what I mean when I say this, but it's true. I was awarded Area 5 Champion earlier this year, because the match winner, Shane Coley, doesn't live in Area 5. But it doesn't mean that much to say I'm Area 5 Champ, because 2nd place is still 2nd place.

I'm sure Ben can do better given the chance, and this may be the push he needs. He's pushed pretty far already. Keep it up, and congratulations on your win!

Let me see if I can quote Ben's acceptance speech, word for word.

"Wow. This is a very cool 2nd place trophy. Well, that's all I have to say. Thanks everyone."

"Wow. This is a very cool 2nd place trophy. Well, that's all I have to say. Thanks everyone."

There was also something to the effect: "Now I know how (all the top European shooters) have felt in the past 15 years or so"...

There was also something to the effect: "Now I know how (all the top European shooters) have felt in the past 15 years or so"...

I was talking about the top open guys, not really just the European guys.

I like Eric, but damn he is on a whole different level than anyone else.