Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 FNH USA 3G

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the Hampton Inn in Winchester about 4 hours ago -- they only had 4 rooms left at the match rate - I reserved one so that left 3 rooms.

Does the Hampton Inn in Martinsburg have the same room rate of $81 as the Winchester one ?

Martinsburg is about 25 minutes from the range and 30 mins from the match hotel. Do not confuse it with the Inwood, WV which is 15/15 from the range/match hotel...rates at Inwood are $89 per night.

We're flying into Reagan International from Oregon. Everything I've been able to read online implies that flying into Reagan

with guns and ammo should be no different than any other airport. Anyone know if that is NOT the case ?

Thanks, Jerry

Stupid question,

After looking at the stages, the two that have long range rifle say 75 to 350yds. Stage 1 seems to have long range rifle but no distance range listed.

Any idea of the max rifle distance and target MOA?

Seems last year there was a MGM flasher at maybe 425?

I know all stages are subject to change, just trying to get an idea besides "be able to hit 2 MOA out to 500yds".

In other words, is there an MOA goal for stage setup like 4 MOA?

Trying to deciede on sight/optic setup.

Thanks,

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

Nuke, the longest target last year was a 10" (I think) MGM flasher at 385yds. For other targets, Larry has a sick fascination with Colt Speed Steel (8" main section) and Skinny Sammies (4") main section anywhere out to 200yds, often at weird angles (Sidways Sammies at 150yds, for example).

So, yeah, I would expect targets down to 3MOA or slightly less. I would also expect a decent amount of cussing in certain locations. :)

Can someone clarify this rule for me

5.3.4.6 Magazines may not be loaded with more than 30 rounds at any time after the start signal. Magazines utilized during a course of fire that have more than 30 rounds will result in the competitor being moved to the open division.

What is the point of saying "after the start signal" When reading this altogether, the intention seems clear to only use mags with 30 rounds or less. Is my interpretation correct?

Edited by Onagoth

Can someone clarify this rule for me

5.3.4.6 Magazines may not be loaded with more than 30 rounds at any time after the start signal. Magazines utilized during a course of fire that have more than 30 rounds will result in the competitor being moved to the open division.

What is the point of saying "after the start signal" When reading this altogether, the intention seems clear to only use mags with 30 rounds or less. Is my interpretation correct?

Meaning if your mag holds more than 30 (you are running a 48, or your MagPul holds 31), you can load it 31, barney up into the chamber, and then when the buzzer goes off you only have 30 rounds in the magazine. You will not be penalized for merely putting that 31st round into the mag off the clock.