Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 JM vs Versa Max Tac

Zmego

I finally sold off my 870 and I am ready to purchase a new 3 gun shotty. I had decided on the 930 JM but I am not a patient guy and it seems like I will have to be if I want to own one. There are none to be found anywhere :( Because of my patience problem I decided to start looking around for another option. I found the Versa Max Tactical. It might not be "tuned" out of the box for 3 gun but it sure seems like a nice gun.

Am I better off trying to learn patience and waiting for a 930 JM to become available or is the Versa Max a better gun and worth the extra $500?

Feel free to throw in other options but I really need to stay under $1,100 or I will be looking for a third wife!

Am I better off trying to learn patience and waiting for a 930 JM to become available or is the Versa Max a better gun and worth the extra $500?

Nothing wrong with patience, but the VM is worth it! Options...get a 26" field grade and add the mods you like over time.

Nothing wrong with patience, but the VM is worth it! Options...get a 26" field grade and add the mods you like over time.

Get a 26" inch 930 or Versa? Is the field grade just a hunting model?

Get a 26" inch 930 or Versa? Is the field grade just a hunting model?

26" VM. A field grade will need a mag extension, charging handle, oversized bolt release and maybe a oversized safety, which the Tactical has. But, it comes with 5 chokes that you can use whereas the tactical comes with 2 that are not worth much. If you are going to run a 10 to 12 round tube, the 26" is probably a better overall deal.

Just look at my post bout a 3gun shot gun set up. I bought the tactical 930 which was 550 but you can get the 930 home defense for bout 430-50 usually.

Then add the 24" non ported special order barrel-call Edna at mossberg

The Nordic +6 extension

Nordic follower

Nordic charging handle if you get the home defense model

Nordic barrel clamp

Then a set of Carson's skeet extend choke tubes

Still cheaper than the Versa max

Like I said I bought my 930 as a tactical 18.5" and added the rest cause mossberg is to slow with demand and I have NO patience lol but I'm still cheaper than the versa max but have heard good things bout the remy just the 1187 my buddy bought wont run the cheap low recoil stuff like the mossy will so I stuck with mossberg

Edited by dskinsler83

Screw both of those options. Get a Benelli M2 American for around $800 then use the remaining money for a Nordic tube and welded lifter installed/tuned.

107 posts and you come up,with this? Screw the benelli, unless you plan on spending another $1,500 to get it to run.

Screw both of those options. Get a Benelli M2 American for around $800 then use the remaining money for a Nordic tube and welded lifter installed/tuned.

Dunno where you found an M2 for $800, but I'm sure many would like to know.

Saw a JM 930 yesterday at a shotgun only match. It looked nice and the gun seemed to run great. The guy that owned it loved it. But last year I purchased an M2 Benelli with a comfort stock for $1100 and sent it to Mike at Accurate Iron ($750) is it worth the extra money? It is to me the 930 seemed heavy compared to my Bennelli. And that is one of the reasons I switched from my 1187's. But at about $600 a pound It probabley was not a good business dec. But I love my shotgun and would probably do it again. It ran all day and is light and loads easy and it is just an awsome looking shotgun. :cheers:

107 posts and you come up,with this? Screw the benelli, unless you plan on spending another $1,500 to get it to run.

Weird how you say it takes $1500 to get it to run, if that was the case I don't think anyone would buy an M2 to begin with. They'll run all day long straight from the box.

Btw... Post count doesn't make what's in your pants grow contrary to what you may think.

Edited by Matt1911

Dunno where you found an M2 for $800, but I'm sure many would like to know.

Google M2 American. It's the same as all the other M2's, just with a regular stock instead of a comfortech. They run in the $800 range.

Edited by Matt1911

Weird how you say it takes $1500 to get it to run, if that was the case I don't think anyone would buy an M2 to begin with. They'll run all day long straight from the box.

Btw... Post count doesn't make what's in your pants grow contrary to what you may think.

Dang it. I guess I will quit posting now that I know it doesn't help down under.

Has anyone tried the Flanigan "Rhythm" model of Mossberg for three gun? Already seems to come with higher capacity and I love the blue stock, although I'd probably change to a pistol grip just for consistency! I expect that the JM model will be more often seen on the circuit but just wonder if the Flanigan model has potential, as well.