Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Opinions on Bushmaster?

Lifeislarge

I'm considering the acquisition of a Bushmaster XM15-E2S. I can't find any really good information on this gun and would appreciate some opinions from those in the know. It's got some furniture on it and a cheap red dot, brand new never fired safe queen. Looking at they're website it seems that they are priced similar to Spikes guns, I just don't know anything about these things. I just don't want to end up with a cheap Cabela's gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd pass to,,if it is in the same price point as spikes. The Spikes would imho, be a better choice. I personally have had to deal with bm's cust service, & it sucked, to be nice about it.

Edited by pbosik

I ended up getting the gun. It's new, never fired with a UTG Pro quad rail and aluminum UTG fore grip. Also has an el Cheapo Sightmark red dot installed and came with 2 mags. I ended up trading an iPhone 5 for it that I picked up yesterday for $320 so either way I'm ahead.

I'm considering the acquisition of a Bushmaster XM15-E2S. I can't find any really good information on this gun and would appreciate some opinions from those in the know. It's got some furniture on it and a cheap red dot, brand new never fired safe queen. Looking at they're website it seems that they are priced similar to Spikes guns, I just don't know anything about these things. I just don't want to end up with a cheap Cabela's gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Department issues Bushmaster M4s and although the trigger isn't the best, I've NEVER had a failure with it. It runs and is as accurate as the Eotech sight will let it be. Enjoy it :cheers:

I don't have a Bushmaster tactical gun but my coyote gun is a Remington R-15, and apparently the R-15's are made by Bushmaster for Remington. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about mine. I have used it on dogs and in my first 3 gun. It is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned. My personal best is 0.551 three shot group at 200 yards. I have upgraded a few minor things but nothing major and it has run flawless. Keep in mind I have only shot good stuff or hand loads through it so I have no experience with bulk ammo.

I'm going to try and get it out this week to sight it in. I'll know in the first 50 or so rounds if it'll do what I want it to do. I don't shoot 3 gun, nor do I hunt. It will primarily be a SHTF gun when and if that's ever necessary. Who knows though, if I like it I might do some basic upgrades and take a foray into a multi-gun discipline. Again, the price was right and I'm pretty sure that out of the box the gun is way more accurate than I or the sight installed on it are. If I could get it to group at 3 inches at 200 yards it would be more than sufficient.

Bushmaster QC can be hit or miss. We have 19 Bushmaster Patrol Rifles and they wouldn't run at all when new. Between carrier keys not tight or staked and short headspace none of them were reliable and all had to be sent back to the factory. Since then we have rebuilt them all with higher quality parts so that the only thing still Bushmaster is the name on the receiver. I don't doubt that they have put out some good guns but to send out rifles like the ones we received that someone's life depends on is criminal as far as I'm concerned. I’ll never own one. I would have it checked out by someone that knows AR's before I would bet my life on it.

Edited by AKJD

If I were running that company there would be a special group that builds service rifles. Every rifle having only one builder. That person personally testing and signing off on every one they work on before it went out the door. They would be flawless going out the door, or that builder would be out the door.

Perhaps the comp would be broke if I were running it, but IMO, even if that dept ran a bit in the red, the comp could make up for it with the bulk sales division.

I agree with you AKJD, there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of work. To have those shipped to people who's lives very well could depend on them is unconscionable.

Tar

Wow. I buy clean Motorola Droid Razr's and iPhone 4's off Craigslist, desperate people are super easy to talk down when you have cash in hand and meet them face to face - then I flip them on eBay for $100-200 more in many cases - you just gotta buy em right... I do this for somthing to do and to help fund my firearms 'habit' - plus I never have buyers remorse on excessive gun/reloading/optics etc purchases, when I didn't 'work' for the money. ;)

How exactly did you get an iPhone 5 for $320. There was $480 cash profit in that phone selling easily at $800 on eBay as of 10 AM Saturday.

My Bushie must be the 1 in 1000000 as I have never had a bit of trouble with it. It is an early ban Disipator with a pinned AK74 comp/muzzle brake. I don't count rounds through it but at one point it went about 1000 rounds between cleanings. Hopefully the RRA A3 20" upper will be as reliable.

My Bushie must be the 1 in 1000000 as I have never had a bit of trouble with it. It is an early ban Disipator with a pinned AK74 comp/muzzle brake. I don't count rounds through it but at one point it went about 1000 rounds between cleanings. Hopefully the RRA A3 20" upper will be as reliable.

Bushmaster seemed to make better guns during the ban days when they had less competition. Now they like so many other companies have cut every corner thay can to increase profit margins and the customers end up being beta testers and the quality control testers.

Pat

Wow. I buy clean Motorola Droid Razr's and iPhone 4's off Craigslist, desperate people are super easy to talk down when you have cash in hand and meet them face to face - then I flip them on eBay for $100-200 more in many cases - you just gotta buy em right... I do this for somthing to do and to help fund my firearms 'habit' - plus I never have buyers remorse on excessive gun/reloading/optics etc purchases, when I didn't 'work' for the money. ;)

How exactly did you get an iPhone 5 for $320. There was $480 cash profit in that phone selling easily at $800 on eBay as of 10 AM Saturday.

I bought two of them on Friday morning. Used the upgrade on my iPad account to get the 2nd one. I never use eBay, can't stand it. After an initial surge on friday the prices on fleabay have leveled off to around $700ish. But after the fees, and the time to get paid (hate PayPal) and the time it takes me to go to the post office blah blah blah.... It's just not worth it. Around here I can always get $850 for a new AR with furniture on it. If the election goes south I can probably get more. Or, I can see how it shoots and keep a really cheap AR in my safe. I'm not against upgrading it either given what I've got into it. It doesn't have a bad trigger for all the horror stories I'm hearing. I really don't understand why they're still in business if their guns are such crap.

I bought two of them on Friday morning. Used the upgrade on my iPad account to get the 2nd one. I never use eBay, can't stand it. After an initial surge on friday the prices on fleabay have leveled off to around $700ish. But after the fees, and the time to get paid (hate PayPal) and the time it takes me to go to the post office blah blah blah.... It's just not worth it. Around here I can always get $850 for a new AR with furniture on it. If the election goes south I can probably get more. Or, I can see how it shoots and keep a really cheap AR in my safe. I'm not against upgrading it either given what I've got into it. It doesn't have a bad trigger for all the horror stories I'm hearing. I really don't understand why they're still in business if their guns are such crap.

How well does the i5 shoot? Are they legal for 3gun? Is JP going to make a better, more accurate i5 any time soon?

WTF?? :surprise:

Nearly everything Bushy has touched recently has turned to sh*t (AR-47, ACR, Rock River 308 AR, et al). Since becoming part of Freedom Group, their QC has evaporated.

If the rifle's an older one, it's probably as good as any. I want nothing to do with newer versions.

Mark

WTF?? :surprise:

On which part was your WTF directed lol...