Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Race Master vs Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic

Jonathan Taliani

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to ressurect this thread... Put my "Futuristic Magnetic" (FM) holster on my belt today and made a few draws to check it out... Not a single adjustment and I don't even have the thigh pad on, and my draw times were measurably much faster.

Can't wait to shoot it this weekend... It's a 3 matches in 2 days weekend! :)

Don't anticipate that you could entice me to remove this thing from my belt without the use of a loaded weapon and the willingness to use it!

Just ordered one....never could get my DAA RM to work right no matter how much I tried modifying it. Maybe operator error for sure, but looking forward to trying the "Manny Futuristic"

• 1 month later...

for those not getting their RM to work right consider the spring mod, or the new magnetic inserts. they use magnets to keep the locking block up after the draw. they are a good thing.

I've got both a RM and the MBFM (agree it only looks futuristic if it was in a mad max movie in the 80s....). Yes it's ugly, yes it digs into the leg a little bit and the 'thigh pad' which should be already on it or at worst a $10 option for some reason costs $25... BUT the locking mechanism is clever, the magnets help retain the gun and the rollers do help smooth out the draw. it does seem easier to draw from for me than my DAA does. I don't really find it any easier than my H&S CW5 to draw from (maybe a little better) but one improvement it has over that model is the locking tab being able to be pushed right down. on the H&S it sits at 90 degrees and when carrying a range bag between stages I have to hold the gun down in the holster or the strap can hook the locking lever and unlock the holster. no big deal but it is an improvement.

if you can live with the fuglieness and the price it's a very nicely functioning holster.

PS i'm using mine with a tanfoglio eric custom/gold team open gun.

• 4 weeks later...

for those not getting their RM to work right consider the spring mod, or the new magnetic inserts. they use magnets to keep the locking block up after the draw. they are a good thing.

I've got both a RM and the MBFM (agree it only looks futuristic if it was in a mad max movie in the 80s....). Yes it's ugly, yes it digs into the leg a little bit and the 'thigh pad' which should be already on it or at worst a $10 option for some reason costs $25... BUT the locking mechanism is clever, the magnets help retain the gun and the rollers do help smooth out the draw. it does seem easier to draw from for me than my DAA does. I don't really find it any easier than my H&S CW5 to draw from (maybe a little better) but one improvement it has over that model is the locking tab being able to be pushed right down. on the H&S it sits at 90 degrees and when carrying a range bag between stages I have to hold the gun down in the holster or the strap can hook the locking lever and unlock the holster. no big deal but it is an improvement.

if you can live with the fuglieness and the price it's a very nicely functioning holster.

PS i'm using mine with a tanfoglio eric custom/gold team open gun.

I found the holster, but can't find the thigh pad...

Do you have a link to the thigh pad?

I had a RM and purchased the 'Futuristic Magnetic Holster'. I gave my RM to a newbee shooter. The RM comes in at a far second place. After adjusting the FMH my draw is considerably faster. It is well made, excellent quality material with a lot of thought put in the process. Even though there is limited forward /backwards movement the gun is very secured. I have run, jumped stretched etc and have not been able to cause the gun to fall. Subsequently the gun falling out of the holster is not in my thought process for it just cannot happen. This is by far the best holster that I have seen.

After running a RM for awhile I have never seem to get it just where I like it. I have recently picked up a PT SS Grip which makes the RM a bigger pain in my butt. Does anyone run a PT grip with this holster? Def interested in one but want to make sure they will work with the holster. I know the RM had to have the insert modified but don't wanna do it to the Manny holster.

• 2 weeks later...

Well to give a little update, took the plunge and ordered the MB holster and it came in today. Upon first inspection sheesh you guys weren't kidding the holsters finish is quite ruff with tooling marks even in the plastic/delron part of the holster. For a holster of this things cost I would expect a little more I guess. Upon a few intial draws this holster is beyond smooth. I got use to feeling the RM holster grab the trigger guard. Will give updates as this goes along over the next few matches maybe help someone else make the desicion on changing.

After running a RM for awhile I have never seem to get it just where I like it. I have recently picked up a PT SS Grip which makes the RM a bigger pain in my butt. Does anyone run a PT grip with this holster? Def interested in one but want to make sure they will work with the holster. I know the RM had to have the insert modified but don't wanna do it to the Manny holster.

In the standard insert block, I had to cut the crap out of it to make it not stick with my PT grip. I just ordered and received a magnetic insert for my RM and I was about ready to start cutting on it when I just tried it to check. It was perfect. I don't know why but I have ran it through several practice sessions and at Area 8 and no issues with the PT grip and the magnetic insert. I really love this holster but after hearing all the reviews about the other holster, I may just give it a try to see the differences. The magnetic insert is really worth it though.

I like what you did to that SLB holster Neo, I'll be doing the same if I decide to try one out. I just don't know how much better it can get than my RM and I have tried just about everything else out there except the SLB.

Thanks. If you are getting good draws out of the RM I don't think there is $220 worth of advantage to go buy a SLB, even if modded. I get good draws out of the RM. The wife did not so we tried the SLB. The other benefits are subtle. If I was looking for my first race holster it would be a tougher choice.

I like what you did to that SLB holster Neo, I'll be doing the same if I decide to try one out. I just don't know how much better it can get than my RM and I have tried just about everything else out there except the SLB.

Give it a try as it is before doing any modifications.

I found the holster, but can't find the thigh pad...

Do you have a link to the thigh pad?

Most likely you won't need it... Try it out first as it is. I've run one about 4 years without a thigh pad and I've never seen anyone use the thigh pad and I've seen hundreds of happy SLB users. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...