Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Race Master vs Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic

Jonathan Taliani

That's great to hear that you had such a marked imrovement! :cheers: I haven't done any par time or live fire with mine yet to compare, but I agree it feels faster and smoother. I have one more major match at the end of the month where I'll be shooting Production. After that, I'm planning to switch to Limited for next season, so I'll really start putting mine through it's paces.

It's interesting to hear that you have very little side to side movement. I wonder if this is a difference between the Caspian/S_I models or if mine has more slop than it should. I really wish I could compare it to another S_I version. I'm also still curious about the lower magnet not contacting the frame.

If anyone out there with the STI model could check there side to side movement and the lower magnet it would be tremendously appreciated.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great to hear that you had such a marked imrovement! :cheers: I haven't done any par time or live fire with mine yet to compare, but I agree it feels faster and smoother. I have one more major match at the end of the month where I'll be shooting Production. After that, I'm planning to switch to Limited for next season, so I'll really start putting mine through it's paces.

It's interesting to hear that you have very little side to side movement. I wonder if this is a difference between the Caspian/S_I models or if mine has more slop than it should. I really wish I could compare it to another S_I version. I'm also still curious about the lower magnet not contacting the frame.

If anyone out there with the STI model could check there side to side movement and the lower magnet it would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks mate! Thanks for all your reviews and write-ups!

My dust cover also makes contact with the lower magnet - the hardchrome finish is standing up to the magnets! I did about 200 draws / dry fire last night, and there was a little bit of a mark on the dust cover, but it rubbed off like it was a little bit of grease.

The side-to-side fit is actually as good as the DAA Race Master. But there is a lot less forward-back swivelling because of the magnets.

One thing to watch for on the Manny holster. With the adjustments available my gun was pretty dang far outside of the 2" limit from the inner belt. I had to push the holster in closer to the belt, past the last adjustment point and then redrill the hole through the metal piece so the lockdown screw would be effective. Then again that is such a dang tight fit I would be surprised if it moved at all even if I never used the lockdown screw. I would post some pics but my holster looks too bizarre. It was a right hand model that the wife decided she didn't like as much as the DAA and I Frankenmannied to work on the left.

Edited by Neomet

Having not worked with a race master yet and just gearing up for limited, would it one suggest the Futureistic Magnet or a DAA Race Master for a first limited style holster?

I've had the RM much longer and accordingly have more/longer term experience with it. That being said, based on early testing, I think you would be in good shape with either. I know it's easy to do, but I wouldn't over think it. As you get more experience in the future, you can decide for yourself.

I agree with JT. I would give a slight edge to the RM, but I would pick 1 and stay with it for a while.

Solid advice, I still haven't got totally comfortable with the platform switch from Glock to 2011

I ran across this thread, and I started reading it and wondering why this is the first time that I heard about this new holster ?? As I read on somewhere on page two I ran across the pics. of it.... boom !!!! a light bulb went on, yesterday I shot with a GM on my squad, we talked all day long about all kinds of things even shooting ( what we was there for )But he had one of these new looking erector set looking holster ( NO OFFENCE TO MANNY THAT WAS JUST MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF SEEING THE HOLSTER ) but this is what gets me the GM never said nothing to me about the holster ???? So what Iam trying to say is when we (shooters) find something new that we really like, what do we do.... tell everyone. So I am left wondering now if the GM really likes te holster or what ?????

• 3 weeks later...

The bottom magnet contacts the dust cover on my Limcat/STI open gun. I have been using the holster since Feb. and the gun shows no sign of wear from contact with the holster. Mine does not have any movement from side to side either. That may be due to different thicknesses of trigger guards. I prefer this holster to the DDA Race Master or the Ghost I used previously.

Edited by Jaxshooter

I think it is much easier to say RM than MBFM. Everybody knows what an RM is when you tell them. I'm afraid if you said MBFM guys would think you meant "My BoyFriend Made it".But that's just me. :roflol:

• 2 months later...