Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Noveske MG Championship

JJ showed how that old dog can still bury the bone! We must have traded lead 3 or 4 times. What a fun battle we had! Squad 14 was the power bomb and a great squad makes the match twice as fun.

Thankyou to Mark and James for another terrific match. I sure hope to heaven this isn't the last one! Thankyou to Noveske for sponsoring our event, even during a tough time on several levels. And I'd like to give a huge shout out to Freedom for offering the ammo package. Attendance would have been half without that sponsorship. It really was the key element which made shooting the match possible for many competitors. I'm placing an ammo order in the morning just to say thanks.

And finally... Thankyou to the RO's and staff. By Sat afternoon, Charlie was lookin pretty beat, but he soldiered on. Staffing was a bit thin, so the ones there had to work twice as hard. Believe me, I know how tired you are, so a huge thankyou!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great match! Awesome stages with more options than I could keep up with.

THANK YOU to all the staff and sponsors.

Talk about someone breathing down my neck! Back off a little Dan.

I hope common sense will prevail and we will be back here next year.

I had the opportunity to RO stage 1 and had to run between bays 1 & 2 chasing every single competitor more times than I care to count. Was it an exhausting weekend? Yes. But it was worth it to see all of the shooters have fun shooting the stage and get to shoot all three of their guns back to back.

I was able to shoot my stage once for fun after everyone was done shooting using my home defense AR and a borrowed shotgun. That being my first ever 3 gun stage shot it was pretty fun.

I hope that everyone who shot Stage 1 had a good experience. Terrance and myself worked hard to run a fun, fair, and consistent stage as efficiently as we could.

Congrats to all of the winners!!!

James Casanova (since he worked the match) gave his first place walk to the top Junior - Orin Atha who is a pretty cool young man! Classy!

Actually James did not "work" the match. He shot on a regular squad in the match. He did however help a lot with support in building those nice new walls, dragging all the Freedom ammo and water out to the match and setting up stages. Just a great guy who wanted to help out a Junior!

But thanks for the kind words Denise. For those of you who do not know, I worked RM3G for JJ and Denise for many years and I learned a lot of things from them. The first really good prize I ever got at a match was because I ended up 50% at the Johnson 3Gun (a local match JJ and Denise used to do) which is also why I gave my prize walk to the 50% finisher.

THANKS SO MUCH to all of the staff. I know I am not the easist guy to work for, but you all sucked it up and did a great job. When you see these guys at a match, thank them again!

We should have scores posted to USPSA sometime today and we will also put up sponsor e-mails on the website so you all can thank them.

Thanks to Mark, James and Steve for a great match. Once again I have learned what not to do by doing it........ and what to do by RO'ing and seeing the best of the best burn down stage 9. I would urge anybody who wants to elevate their shooting level to volunteer to work at least one match per year as you can learn a whole bunch for free and you help keep our sport alive and well. Thanks again to all the great sponsors that make this happen.

Lookout 3-gun world, I was super impressed with junior shooter Oran Atha who I know had the fastest long range rifle split times of the whole match :surprise: What a great young man!

Edited by Colodrew

I just wanted to encourage everyone to email all the sponsors with and email of appreciation. This was the first time I've taken the time to do so, and I have been very suprised how many of them have returned emails with sincere appreciation and suprise that a shooter took the time to thank them personally.

To those of you pressed for time, copy the emails from the list provided, paste them into the BCC field, and write a generic message. It really will go a long way.

Thanks to Mark and the crew for a great match! A good time was had by all. Great stages and friendly staff.

Special thanks to James Casanova for giving his prize table walk to the High Junior. Classy and generous would be an understatement.

A few shouts out to the Folks that helped out the staff...

Freedom Munitions for the water and ammo for the staff..

Center of Mass for an AR mag pouch for all staff.

MagPul for the PMags for the staff.

Dawn for the great food to keep the staff fuel tanks full.

I would like to thank Mark and all of the staff for match I am proud to have as the Area 2 Championship. Great stages, well run and a good time was had by all. Also thanks to all the Sponsors who supported the match. With all the craziness in the industry right now it is great to know they support our sport enough to dedicate product that they could easily made more money on selling. REMEMBER THE SPONSORS when you make buying decisions. Letters are great but buying their stuff really shows your appreciation. And a big thank you to all the shooters who came to shoot. There are a lot of matches bunched together right now and it is great so many came out and supported USPSA Multugun.

This was a great -Great!- match doing big stages and staying inside the berms. Every stage had several ways to shoot it, with a Risk-Reward factor provided in several areas.

The Match was a very good ballance of Speed and Accuracy alowing the shooting room to solve the stages in a way that best fit their skill.

I was very pleased to see how the USPSA rules served this match as an Improvement to the "Freestyle" theme I love in shooting.

I would allways -rather not- shoot a 3 gun event in bays , But the stages more than made up for my long drive.

as an example Stage 7 had a pick on what gun to shoot first + at least 10 diffrent directions of travel to take on the stage. Combine that with option targets that could be hit with Handgun or Shotgun and the posibilities ran over 30 :blush: that stage out smarted me,

I love a match that challenges me at more than just a fast trigger finger.

The match staf was first class provideing a fair chance at the stages for every shooter. & The scoreing was fast and accurate.

This happend to be my best three gun finish placeing me at 84.6% of Taran B. and makeing me feel great.

The Prize table was spread out very nice for the most shooters. I was able to finde something need and want. And I think shooter # 20 - #30 was able to pick something very close to what I picked in $ value.

I do think the Top shooters should be rewarded, but I think it is cool when friends finde something of a Diamond when they come from the prize table. When a guy that places 25th at match can show his family and buddies something he won, the sport and the event benifit from it. When that JR shooter gets home and shows his exstended family and friends what he won, We all end up with a larger Family of shooters

Edited by AlamoShooter

This was a great -Great!- match doing big stages and staying inside the berms. Every stage had several ways to shoot it, with a Risk-Reward factor provided in several areas.

The Match was a very good ballance of Speed and Accuracy alowing the shooting room to solve the stages in a way that best fit their skill.

I was very pleased to see how the USPSA rules served this match as an Improvement to the "Freestyle" theme I love in shooting.

I would allways -rather not- shoot a 3 gun event in bays , But the stages more than made up for my long drive.

as an example Stage 7 had a pick on what gun to shoot first + at least 10 diffrent directions of travel to take on the stage. Combine that with option targets that could be hit with Handgun or Shotgun and the posibilities ran over 30 :blush: that stage out smarted me,

I love a match that challenges me at more than just a fast trigger finger.

The match staf was first class provideing a fair chance at the stages for every shooter. & The scoreing was fast and accurate.

This happend to be my best three gun finish placeing me at 84.6% of Taran B. and makeing me feel great.

The Prize table was spread out very nice for the most shooters. I was able to finde something need and want. And I think shooter # 20 - #30 was able to pick something very close to what I picked in $ value.

I do think the Top shooters should be rewarded, but I think it is cool when friends finde something of a Diamond when they come from the prize table. When a guy that places 25th at match can show his family and buddies something he won, the sport and the event benifit from it. When that JR shooter gets home and shows his exstended family and friends what he won, We all end up with a larger Family of shooters

I agree... and not just because I'm a local. The match was very well balanced from head to toe. I thought the stages were thought provoking. Even stage 4 (which was very simple)... When Mark explained the why, I understood and agreed with the seemingly unbalanced simplicity of that stage. Even long range rifle, which seemed very basic, ranged in finish time from 63 seconds to quite a few who went to par. The target size and distance on 9 was appropriate for anyone who brought what ever ammo they could get thier hands on and was still very fun and challenging to shoot. Even though the targets were only 200yds out, it still took me just as long to finish as a Rocky Mountain stage and I was able to shoot it with cheap surplus nato 308. In the end stage 7 was my favorite.

Balance was indeed good. The stages went well with only small bottlenecks, which seemed to work themselves out quickly. The RO's did a good job keeping things moving. There were relatively few reshoots, and relatively low prop failures. DQ's were low too and were handled efficiently and without much arguement. The shootoff was fun and went quickly. Prizes were done efficiently. Even tear down seemed to happen very quickly.

Squad 14 was the best! One of the best squads I've ever shot with. Everyone was upbeat and possitive and Eric was the class clown as usual. Mr. Miller had people in stitches a few times. Again... thankyou squad 14 for an awesome weekend!

squad14_zps1bde3d1d.jpg

Chris had a little trouble with some pants not quite as tough as he is. Add pants repair to the very long list of ductape usefullness.

Ducttape_zpsf0293076.jpg