Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Noveske MG Championship

Ok, this match is officially 8 weeks away and I am getting seriously pumped to go play! I know everyone has been his with a one/two punch combo between AWB and the nation wide run on anything shooting related. I can relate and I feel your pain. I got just about everything backordered myself. I do however have enough ammo to shoot this match.

Last year, despite yucky weather the week before, the sun came out and it warmed up nice for an excellent match. The stages were really fun to shoot and most everyone had a great time. Regardless of your shooting affiliation, political background or religious beliefs, this is going to be a great match with a healthy balance of interesting and challenging features while still being shootable by everyone. You won't need a super duper tack driver rifle, or a $2200 custom built shotgun to be competitive in this match. A basic 16" carbine with a cheap miculek brake and any red dot will get you through 90% of the rifle targets without handicap. If you're a C class production shooter with a G17 and a handfull of mags, you will be able to keep up with all but the best pistoleros at the match. No flying birds means if you can hit a stationary target with your shotgun, you will be fine.

Just as another teaser... I don't know what Jerry's got for us on the prize table, but you all know what Noveski makes and I'm sure they will represent thier craft well. There may not be many more opportunities to shoot for a prize which requires a CBI check. Don't miss your chance in April. Set aside a few hundred rounds for each gun and sign up for the Noveski match. I promise you will have a great time.

Mike

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the madness in the industry right now and thinking about shooters needing ammo to compete, I am working on a way for competitors to order ammo online and have it all shipped to CO for pick up before the match. We will have one load for 223 rifle and one load for 9mm pistol. Once I get the details finalized I will send the link to Mark and he will email all registred competitors.

Note, this service will be available to other matches so if you MD's out there are interested in offering this, contact me.

Note there is a limit on the amount you can order,500 per for 223 and 500 per for 9mm.

More soon once the web guy gets it done. On yeah, I negotiated a good price for the ammo too.

Edited by cold

....what we STILL DO NEED is a 100 yd & 200 yd berm @ the pistol bays...was out there yesterday and no work has begun yet....

The contingency plan had better be we use the metallic sihlouette range for the 200 yd stage.

ericm

Alright! About six and a half weeks to go! If you have any intention of shooting this match you should get signed up. You can scrounge up a couple hundred rounds for each of your guns. Bug you buddy for some reloads, stand on the curb with a "will work for bullets" sign. Hopefully, Jansen will come through with some match ammo, but if not, I'm sure everyone can beg borrow or steel enough ammo to shoot this match. For those of us local guys who can only dream of getting to travel to big matches this is the closest we will get to a major match in the state of Colorado. We seriously don't want to see this one die off. This is also a chance to show the local Dems that there really is a sporting use for semi automatic rifles. Support your local 3gun circuit and sign up for the Noveski Match! I haven't seen all of the stages yet, but I've seen the one I designed and it will be an adrenelin rush of fast run-n-gun.

The windmill will be back for sure...the all shotgun stage is 9 buckshot, 8 slugs and 16 birdshot including the windmill. Those 9 buckshot and 8 slugs will be the only shotgun rounds needed other than standard birdshot.

Prize table will be done by Division ONLY with each division that has 5 or more paid entries having their own table.

As of today, Tac, Open and Limited are fine.

HM-Optics has NO entries and HM-Limited has 3 entries.

Edited by MarkCO

Due to the madness in the industry right now and thinking about shooters needing ammo to compete, I am working on a way for competitors to order ammo online and have it all shipped to CO for pick up before the match. We will have one load for 223 rifle and one load for 9mm pistol. Once I get the details finalized I will send the link to Mark and he will email all registred competitors.

Note, this service will be available to other matches so if you MD's out there are interested in offering this, contact me.

Note there is a limit on the amount you can order,500 per for 223 and 500 per for 9mm.

More soon once the web guy gets it done. On yeah, I negotiated a good price for the ammo too.

This is getting close to being complete. But there will be a cut-off date. We are seeing an increase in the volume of registrations, we still have slots, but if you want in the on the ammo deal for the match, you probably only have a few weeks left to get your application to us.

Thanks FREEDOM MUNITIONS!!!

SLUGS: 8 required, 18"x24" gongs at about 45 yards.

BUCKSHOT: 9 required, no restriction on pellet count. I would go with #4 buck if it were me.

RIFLE: Hardest target is a 10" MetalMan at 200 yards.

No spinners or other energy intensive pistol or rifle targets. 9mm minor and 55FMJ .223 will be plenty for every target.

Hope to have rifle/pistol ammo links for the Freedom Munitions packages to registered competitors today.

Hope to have stages posted next week.

There are no laws that currently threaten this match. IF the Governor signs a bill that does, I will notify all registered competitors ASAP.

There are no laws that currently threaten this match. IF the Governor signs a bill that does, I will notify all registered competitors ASAP.

Thanks Mark. Came on just for that. My first 3G. Looking forward to it.

The ammo deal is done! Thanks to Jansen, James, Rudy, Hannah, Dan and Oscar of Freedom Munitions for their work in setting this up and working with the match to provide an ammo source for our competitors. I will be sending a message to registered competitors in a few minutes.

Not sure what MagPul will be doing at the match yet, but we appreciate their fight, products and support.

I got a few questions reagarding the ammo orders from Freedom which I will answer here...

The last day to order will be March 16.

If you no-show at the match, I will not ship the ammo to you as this is only for people who shoot the match. If that happens, we will figure out what to do, but i'd rather not be in that position for myslef nor Freedom.

The two ammo types are it. They put in a lot of work on this so I am thankful that we have a solution for most competitors.

I was at Bass Protoday and they have PLENTY of birdshot on the shelves still. Buck and Slugs, not so much, so try to source those yourself in the next 5 weeks.

I was wondering what is the rough max number of shotgun shells we will need to be able to carry during a stage?

Looking forward to the match!

I guess max depends on how many time you miss. :devil: The minimum number of reloads in the 8+1 divisions will be 21 (30 round stage all shotgun stage). This stage has a 9 round buckshot array, an 8 round slug array and a 13 round birdshot array.

I was wondering what is the rough max number of shotgun shells we will need to be able to carry during a stage?

Looking forward to the match!

I guess max depends on how many time you miss. :devil: The minimum number of reloads in the 8+1 divisions will be 21 (30 round stage all shotgun stage). This stage has a 9 round buckshot array, an 8 round slug array and a 13 round birdshot array.

Man, I'm smiling just thinking about it :0)

Here is the stage drawing for the all-shotgun stage. Only stage you need any "special" ammo. I plan to get the match book, with stage diagrams to registered competitors next week.

The buck plates will be from about 18 to 30 yards, the slug targets about 45-50 yards and the birdshot about 8 to 12 yards.

SG stage.pdf

Edited by MarkCO