Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Noveske MG Championship

Can I assume that means the car will be a convertible or have a sunroof?

There is an opening in the roof through which you may choose to shoot.

Sounds great....thanks

You might hold that comment until after you shoot it. :roflol:

Seriously, it is not bad either way, but the choice of which way to shoot it is not easy.

My squad shoots that stage first too! haha

I'm considering building a prop to practice "limo" stages with a bench seat to stand on to shoot through the sunroof, or shoot seated through the windows.

Just wish I had pics of what we are using to build my prop from! ;)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda Passport with a skyview roof.

well.....I'm buying one of those! :roflol:

Cool. Get you some 35" offroad tires too...for stage 9. Far and away, the technique on those was what bit more people than anything else last year.

The pad sites can be used for the match. The gates will probably be closing about 7pm each night. There are some guys who will be staying on site that have the gate combo as they are members.

Given the recent CO legislation, ban on high cap mags, what is going to happen with this match? Is the ATF going to pick us up as soon as we cross state lines or what?

Serious question, I'm not sure how it all works, but would rather not risk a felony.

Nothing goes into effect until June/July.....my concerns on that matter dont come into play until next year. Sadly, that likely means this will be the fast and last trip out for this match for me unless things are overturned or the match is moved. Thats a shame too, from what I'm seeing on the stage descriptions and reports from last year's shooters...this is going to be a fun match!

Nothing goes into effect until June/July.....my concerns on that matter dont come into play until next year. Sadly, that likely means this will be the fast and last trip out for this match for me unless things are overturned or the match is moved. Thats a shame too, from what I'm seeing on the stage descriptions and reports from last year's shooters...this is going to be a fun match!

Good to know, thanks.

I'm sorry to say, but CO is dead to me after this match in general. No way I will be setting another foot in the State inless I absolutely have to. I hope all the good people, business, and matches, follow Magpuls lead and move to a state which still values freedom and the constitution. Time to stope the charade and paint the State blue.

Given the recent CO legislation, ban on high cap mags, what is going to happen with this match? Is the ATF going to pick us up as soon as we cross state lines or what?

Serious question, I'm not sure how it all works, but would rather not risk a felony.

It's a Class 2 Misdemeanor. So is exceeding a 75 mph speed limit in Colorado. Effective date 1 July 2013.

The laws don't go into effect until July 1. We have already pulled the World Ruger Rimfire from CO. We will consult with USPSA and sponsors about the future of this match into the future.

Mark, will there be any vendors there? If so, what will be available?

There will be some vendors. However, I do not know what they will bring.

The pallet of Freedom Munitions ammo arrived at the shop yesterday.

Friday, there will be some cool stuff at the range.

Pro Clinics by Colorado's own James Casanova of the Noveske Shooting Team will start at 9am. James won both his Division and the Team match at the first major of the year this past weekend. Shotgun loading, rifle hosing and stage breakdowns will the the three topics.

At 11am, there will be a suppressor demo by Alan of Machine Gun Tours.

At 1pm, the competition starts. Some of the top names in the game will be here to compete, probably for the last time in Colorado.

Non-competitors are more than welcome to come out, check out the vendors and demos and watch the stages. Eye and Ear protection is required and please check in at Stats to sign the waiver.

See you Firday

Non-competitors are more than welcome to come out, check out the vendors and demos and watch the stages. Eye and Ear protection is required and please check in at Stats to sign the waiver.

At 1pm, the competition starts. Some of the top names in the game will be here to compete, probably for the last time in Colorado

Ya know <_< Nothing would make a statment better than -Having- a match next year. Having it and makeing alot of noise that your going to have it next year.

invite a news paper guy to come out for a story , The Story would be the shooters planing to come back the next year.

" I, Am Spartacus !

Edited by AlamoShooter

so Ah , do we? Get to know how wide and tall the bottom wall slot is for stage #5 ? How far are the ClayOlas

is it a sandy range floor that will blow sand in our guns if we shoot low and side ways ?

do I need to bring rubber boots.

The range is sand and silt. When it rains it gets kinda muddy. I'll be wearing boots. You will be shooting in early spring and in Colorado. I've seen it snow, then sun then rain then hail then snow again all in one day. I will have warm and cold clothing and a couple of layer options as well. I will have gloves and will more than likely have some hand warmers for my pockets just in case weather turns cold on us.

Most of the berms are 50yds or less, so clay oreos will be somewhat less than 50yds. I have oreos on my stage and they will be around 25yds and shot off angle. You're not going to get a detailed description of every port and range of every target. Part of the challenge is supposed to be how to adapt and solve problems as they are presented on game day. The stage descriptions are there to provide a macro of what to expect in terms of equipment needed and target types.

The bottom slot on #5 is generous, but who knows if it will be beneficial to actually use it...

Clayoreos are going to be maybe 25-30 yards.

If you shoot sideways, on the ground, your gun and eyes will not like you, but it won't be necessary.

I'd bring boots, gloves, hats if you have them.

There are a few stage tweaks (not drawings, just words) and the final stage descriptions will be posted tonight.

Just FYI...If you bought ammo, you can check in at Stats for its location.

CASH only to buy meals, BUT, she won't be selling until after 7:20 in the morning and after 12:20 in the afternoon. Meal tickets, again pick up in stats, can be used about 6:50 and 11:50 for pre-bought meals.

Berm 7 will be available from about 10am until noon on Friday to check function and zeros. Noon on Friday, it will be designated a safe area. Berm 6 may be partially available thereafter, but is a sponsor berm so that will be left to those sponsors who set up in that berm.

Edited by MarkCO