Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i want to try limited ,but with a stock gun

ProGunGuy

am shooting production now. I have a G35 that i can use in limited. My budget now does not allow me to buy all the fun stuff like long mags and magwells, etc.

so if I ran my production stuff, but with full 15 rd mags and major PF, can i even be conpetitive with the big boys?

Competitive with the big boys...? probably not. Check your combined match results and see where you stack using your production rig compared to the other limited guys. If you are beating them with only 10rds and more reloads, you'll be even more competitive with full mags and fewer reloads.

However you can still try it out and see how you like the division before dropping cash into all the bells and whistles.

am shooting production now. I have a G35 that i can use in limited. My budget now does not allow me to buy all the fun stuff like long mags and magwells, etc.

so if I ran my production stuff, but with full 15 rd mags and major PF, can i even be conpetitive with the big boys?

If you mean to say big boys like big boys nationals, probably not.

But at a club level, you are not at a serious disadvantage. you can shoot major PF which is a biggie. Mag extension, well, at a 22 rd stage just reload earlier. Magwell? you are production shooter now so its not something new to not reload without magwell. All you need to actually do is reload quick and a good stage break down.

Bottom line is its you.

See if you can borrow a couple extended magazines. You won't really get the feel for limited on a long course unless you can have at least 19 in the gun. A magazine extension or preferably 2 won't run you that much, but if you can borrow for a match or 2 it's even cheaper :devil:

16 in the gun to start will be different and if you drop a lot of points in Production, shooting major will help there. If you are a better shooter than those you refer to as the big boys, you will run with them just fine. Most stages will have ample opportunity to reload earlier, but 19-21 in the gun to start can open up options on some stages that are not otherwise practical.

No harm no foul! Try it out, if you like it, get the magwell and higher capacity magazines. If you don't like it, you haven't lost any money and you can just keep shooting production. I would love to try limited!

You can do pretty well in limited with a Glock 35 without many mods on it. I'd try to spring for at least 1 extended mag if you really wanna be competitive.

Check out the gun BJ Norris got 4th (98.38%) at the 2011 limited nationals with

No magwell on there!

In an average local match there will be an extra two or three reloads. That will cost you maybe 3% in placement overall in Limited, maybe 1 or 2 spots if any. Shoot the division you want with whatever is legal and jsut have fun.

I don't think it will make any difference to the C/D shooter. In fact, it may help. You will reload on the move instead of trying to stretch it out only to need a reload at the end, standing flat footed, to shoot 2 more targets.

i think one mag that holds 19/20 would be a good thing. Check the classifeds. From time to time, there are +5 extension from AA, Taylor Freelance or Dawson for a good deal. Having one will be like having a big stick in open; not required but a nice option.

Bingo! One, or two mags with the extensions is all you need. If you can get 18-20 in at least one mag, you can usually find a place to reload in the middle of a stage and that will get you through a 32 round stage.

Competitive with the big boys...? probably not. Check your combined match results and see where you stack using your production rig compared to the other limited guys. If you are beating them with only 10rds and more reloads, you'll be even more competitive with full mags and fewer reloads.

However you can still try it out and see how you like the division before dropping cash into all the bells and whistles.

i am not sure how to compare the score to the limited guys. If its the points, I checked the results of the last few matches and I am square in middle of the limited shooter in the amount of points.

i am not sure how to compare the score to the limited guys. If its the points, I checked the results of the last few matches and I am square in middle of the limited shooter in the amount of points.

use combinedresults.info to look up the match. You can then see where you fall in all shooters.