Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Ohio State Match

Third, MRPC matches start up again in March. Matches are held on the fourth Sunday of the month. April will be an all classifier match in preparation for the season.

Kevin, if MRPC matches start up again in March ..... why not hold the "All Classifier" match in March, instead of April? That would allow people to get their classification a month before the State match, instead of 2 weeks before, and perhaps feel a little more confident about where they stand at that point.

Just an idea. :)

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kevin, I was filling out my application and it asks your class. I am a uspsa member but I am not classified yet. I will be (providing everything goes correctly) by May. Can I still submit my application even though I am not classified? And will I shoot in un classified or the new class at the match? I am sure a few other shooters might be in the same predicament.

Thanks,

Craig

Classifications are updated automatically every month on or around the 15th. It doesn't really matter what you fill in here, as the person doing registration will (should) pull all the registrants current classification from the official website on the last monthly update prior to the match date.

I learned something about Hotels for Memorial Day weekend. THERE ARE NO SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE! I am blocking some rooms off but they are the same price for all that weekend.

Look for hotel info to update on the webpage this week.

Third, MRPC matches start up again in March. Matches are held on the fourth Sunday of the month. April will be an all classifier match in preparation for the season.

Kevin, if MRPC matches start up again in March ..... why not hold the "All Classifier" match in March, instead of April? That would allow people to get their classification a month before the State match, instead of 2 weeks before, and perhaps feel a little more confident about where they stand at that point.

Just an idea. :)

I was always under the impression classifier matches were not the first match of the year to give shooters a chance to shake off the cobwebs by shooting a couple of local matches after a long winter break. I see your point but I don't know for sure which would be the more accurate classification.

I do appreciate the insight. Thanks

Edited by Sarge

Excellent point. However Miamisburg will be having a classifier match in Feb. but since we shoot all year round, that shouldn't be as much of an issue. Although I suppose it would all depend on when a member begins their shooting "career".

Chris nailed it. Thanks Chris.

Just put a U in there if you like. Stats will run a check before the match.

Stats will actually run updates every month until the 17th of May. Every competitor should match what USPSA's database indicates your classification is. I know this because I be the "STATSMAN" .for this match.

:cheers:

I learned something about Hotels for Memorial Day weekend. THERE ARE NO SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE! I am blocking some rooms off but they are the same price for all that weekend.

Look for hotel info to update on the webpage this week.

I'm staying with my mother. Gives me a reason to come to Cincy.

If I could tolerate it for 4 days, I'd ask to work the match.

This is two questions I have gotten today about the carts. Could be from the same guy though?

Golf cart rental was nixed by our insurance company. We are going to have 8 or so carts driven by volunteers who will shuttle shooters as needed. Tips will be accepted to offset the cost of the carts and contribute to military donations.

This will work just fine I believe. Also, due to the "hill", if anybody needs help with bags, etc we will have something worked out to help in every way we can.

What's the problem with the carts Kevin? Having random people drive them around, or having them on the property in general?

Having volunteer's drive the carts around shuttling people would be excellent. It makes a big difference!

Edited by polizei1

You had curb side service last year and no pasting Duties after your fall last year AT. Even though we were down one resetter we still burned through resetting ti the point we had to push and shove to get a target to paste That's how the lex squad rolls

Edited by EkuJustice

You had curb side service last year and no pasting Duties after your fall last year AT. Even though we were down one resetter we still burned through resetting ti the point we had to push and shove to get a target to paste That's how the lex squad rolls

Yeah Buddy, thanks to Barry West, and whoever I bumped off the cart.

Yeah Buddy, thanks to Barry West, and whoever I bumped off the cart.

I'm sure his son in law didnt mind

• 3 weeks later...