Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have only been to the last 3 Florida Opens. To me this one had a different flavor and it was a good one. Having Shannon dedicated to running the match helped a lot. We had stages posted before the match, plenty of staff, plenty of supplies, the stages were set up in a way to avoid big backups. I think Shannon got a little bored during the match as things ran pretty darn well.

Another thing I noticed was the stages were set up to protect the shooters from doing stupid stuff. If you ran past a target there was something in your way to keep you from breaking the 180. Nice for the shooters, nice for the RO's.

The stages had some hard stuff but nothing like the tripple half target swinger at 30+ yards or the single shot memory stage with 32 targets to remember. The stages were fun and hard in a different way. You had to respect every target, just look at the mike count on stages that had nothing all that hard on them. We ran 6 and I can't tell you how many people had a mike on one of the two targets on the right that did not look all that hard. I had one of them where I took those two on the move and just did not take the time on my last shot.

It was a fun match, and one of the better ones I have worked in the last few years. Already looking forward to February in FL next year.

Is there any chance the results could get updated on USPSA or here? I was interested in the specialty categories and how those shooters compared in each division. When I went back and checked the posted results, age and lady seem to be the only ones recognized on the USPSA posted results. There are no Mil or LEO's listed. I know the lady who did registration confirmed my registration.

This was my second time attending the Florida Open but the first time I was able to actually shoot the match. I shot the whole match in one day on Friday. I thought that this match was awesome!!! 10 large field courses with a great mixture of shooting and movement challenges. Having no shoots on all of the moving targets was fun. It made you earn your hits instead of slinging rounds in the direction of the moving targets. I also liked that a lot of the stages allowed varying levels of shooting skills to be used in order to optimize the stage run. There were many stages where targets were positioned allowing you to shoot them on the move or from a static position. Instead of simply forcing you to shoot from a static position most of the time. The match ran smoothly and the RO's were great. I feel sorry for the Thursday shooters who had to get it all done in the rain most of the day. But I guess that is the "Practical" part of this sport. I hope my work schedule allows me to attend this match again next year. Its WELL worth the trip from Colorado all the way down to Florida!!!!

If you were not present at the awards ceremony and/or did not have anyone pick up for you.

If you won a gun you will receive an email tomorrow.

If you won cash your plaque and money will go out Monday.