Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUREFIRE TEXAS MULTIGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i liked the 2011 format. 9 stages, 90 second par time. not so much a drag race like this year's match. since i am old and slow, drag racing is for others. i like the technically challenging stages, not the USPSA hose it stuff. any way, my 2 cts. :cheers::cheers:

I wanted more sun on the second morning as I only brought shorts and no jacket! I would prefer to keep the same format but sell fewer slots so the waiting period is shorter. I think there was about 100 shooters too many at last years Tx Multi gun.

Agree with Dave on this one, waaaaayy to many shooters. I beleive there were more than the upfront stated cap on shooters last year...

I really like the half day format. Same amount of shooting just less waiting. Go and shoot your 4 stages until lunch then do whatever. Visit with vendors, side matches, watch a few competitors shoot the stages you have the next day, or shower up and head into Austin for a night out. Sleep off your hangover a little the next morning and shoot at noon. Obviously vary that up a little depending on when you get morning or evening slots. It seems more like a vacation than grinding it out for 10 hours a day at the range in wind and dust for 3 days straight.

+1 on the extra time to sleep off that hangover after a bottle of Patron at dinner. :D

I really liked how the prize table format this year went by calling 5 from each division. Made it much faster to get in and out after waiting so long for the 3gn stage to finish up after the WW2 demonstration. Looking forward to making the 2013 match but the LaRueBQ will be sorely missed.

As for stages I like them all. I like hoser stuff and I also like technical challenging stuff. I think a good match should have a mix. I do admit I liked last years match better than the one I attended 2 years before that when it was over near College Station. Both matches were fun however. I am trying to round up a bunch of Alaska folks to come down and give you Texans some competition.

Pat

I

enjoyed the match however i did think that there were too many shooters. I think I heard that there were 432 competitors. I would like to see that number cut, and the stage time increased a bit. either way I will still plan on coming and shooting the best match I am capable of.

Well, I agree there were too many competitors so half of the folks that came in ahead of me need to bow out so the rest of us aren't inconvenienced with them being in the way. Heck, all the folks that beat me need to stay home. :roflol: Ok, so that was said in jest. How do you propose they cut back entries? Charge more? Provide a lesser quality match? Top 10 or 20% from last year not allowed back?(one of my favorites, hahaha) Just how do you propose to limit entries or cut back? Use the lottery superstition mountain used to reduce entries? Or the electronic sign up Ft Benning used where they received 1100 entries in the first minute of application? This match pretty well fills up along with a wait list. Fortunately it isn't as hard to get in as some others. Let's DONT ask them to cut back on entries.

I've been beat before, I'll be beat again. I've waited on other squads before, I'll wait again. It's not that big a deal. I'll admit I don't enjoy watching an entire squad shoot while our squad waits. That much I'll go with you on but if watching is the price for being given the privilige of participating in a first class match, I'll pay it.

These guys are putting on a world class match, running an unbelievable number of shooters through in record time & for that, my hat is off to them!!!! I'll wait if I have to.

MLM

I agree with Kalani. I thought the stages were more difficult last year but I still enjoy the match.

The stages were much more technical in 2011 than 2012. 2012 was a lot more static steel and a lot less reset, for a reason.

i liked the 2011 format. 9 stages, 90 second par time. not so much a drag race like this year's match. since i am old and slow, drag racing is for others. i like the technically challenging stages, not the USPSA hose it stuff. any way, my 2 cts. :cheers::cheers:

I think you mean 2010. The year that one of the stages was "so technical" that they had to throw it out because it was taking like 10 minutes per shooter to shoot and reset. The year that they had everyone crawling around under pallets and one guy went home with his skull stapled together?

I wanted more sun on the second morning as I only brought shorts and no jacket! I would prefer to keep the same format but sell fewer slots so the waiting period is shorter. I think there was about 100 shooters too many at last years Tx Multi gun.

Agree with Dave on this one, waaaaayy to many shooters. I beleive there were more than the upfront stated cap on shooters last year...

What is funny about this statement is that there were about 100 more shooters than intended. The reservation system was supposed to cut off, and it didn't. I personally enjoyed the hell out of the run and gun stages. There are a lot of other matches that are super technical and not as hoser.... the easy way to cut down the number of shooters at this match would be for the people who want to complain about hoser stages to go to those matches instead... (just sayin'). That said, I don't know how anyone can say there were too many shooters. We were ahead of schedule all weekend, even with the 3 Gun Nation TV crew doing their thing.

Well, I agree there were too many competitors so half of the folks that came in ahead of me need to bow out so the rest of us aren't inconvenienced with them being in the way. Heck, all the folks that beat me need to stay home. :roflol: Ok, so that was said in jest. How do you propose they cut back entries? Charge more? Provide a lesser quality match? Top 10 or 20% from last year not allowed back?(one of my favorites, hahaha) Just how do you propose to limit entries or cut back? Use the lottery superstition mountain used to reduce entries? Or the electronic sign up Ft Benning used where they received 1100 entries in the first minute of application? This match pretty well fills up along with a wait list. Fortunately it isn't as hard to get in as some others. Let's DONT ask them to cut back on entries.

I've been beat before, I'll be beat again. I've waited on other squads before, I'll wait again. It's not that big a deal. I'll admit I don't enjoy watching an entire squad shoot while our squad waits. That much I'll go with you on but if watching is the price for being given the privilige of participating in a first class match, I'll pay it.

These guys are putting on a world class match, running an unbelievable number of shooters through in record time & for that, my hat is off to them!!!! I'll wait if I have to.

MLM

Thanks Mike.... we (meaning Sheldon mostly and the rest of us who provided labor) appreciate the appreciation. It was a LONG LONG 2 weeks leading up to the match.... and an even longer weekend.

I think you mean 2010. The year that one of the stages was "so technical" that they had to throw it out because it was taking like 10 minutes per shooter to shoot and reset. The year that they had everyone crawling around under pallets and one guy went home with his skull stapled together?

No, i meant exactly what i said. I liked the 2011 match better than the 2012 match; 9 stages with 90 second par time. No drag race. That was pretty plain American (Texan). opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. and that is mine. thank you.

:cheers:

No, i meant exactly what i said. I liked the 2011 match better than the 2012 match; 9 stages with 90 second par time. No drag race. That was pretty plain American (Texan). opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. and that is mine. thank you.

Oh cool. There were 11 stages in 2011, just one less than 2012. The stages were a lot different though, lots more reset. Took a lot longer to shoot the match. I do respect your opinion, just questioned your data. there were originally 9 stages in the 2010 match in Cawthon before one got thrown out I believe.

Oh cool. There were 11 stages in 2011, just one less than 2012. The stages were a lot different though, lots more reset. Took a lot longer to shoot the match. I do respect your opinion, just questioned your data. there were originally 9 stages in the 2010 match in Cawthon before one got thrown out I believe.

so i can't count. i go so slow anyway, it seemed like only 9. (reckon?)

so i can't count. i go so slow anyway, it seemed like only 9. (reckon?)

I won't tell anyone.. :)

Was it ever determined if it was legal to start with ammo in hand for this match?

I guess this was not clear in the published rules:

2.7.1 (d) A course of fire must never require or allow a participant to touch or hold a firearm loading device or ammunition after the “Standby” command and before the “Start Signal” (except for unavoidable touching with the lower arms).

How should we clarify this?

MLM

I agree 100% +1 +1

• 2 weeks later...