Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kruger 1-8x Dual Tactical

Beers78n9

I read about this in a magazine a year or so ago and completely forgot about it until I just came across it while browsing swfa.com. I was wondering, would this put you in to Open Class? It is a magnified optic, and it has a separate red dot. But, technically its one optic.

Kruger 1-8x

Even though it only has a single ocular, it has two objective lenses which would put it in Open. If it only had a single ocular and objective then it would be OK for Tactical, just as any other multi-power or multi-reticle scope

This is so new I don't think the rules really cover it. Its clearly just one optic but it does the funciton of two optics. I personally don't like how its set up with the red dot view on top. Don't like having to break cheek weld.

Pat

Even though it only has a single ocular, it has two objective lenses which would put it in Open. If it only had a single ocular and objective then it would be OK for Tactical, just as any other multi-power or multi-reticle scope

This is so new I don't think the rules really cover it. Its clearly just one optic but it does the funciton of two optics. I personally don't like how its set up with the red dot view on top. Don't like having to break cheek weld.

Pat

I don't think the red dot is on top. I think when you flip the lever it switches what you are using. Look through the red dot type scope, throw the lever and the view switches to the scope, you look through the same part. I could be wrong but thats how it looks to me. Interesting idea though

two scopes one view, check the vid on YouTube it sums it up nicely. I would think that if it is an all in one scope and reflex with the same view window you may be able to sneak it through for a bit with some arguing, but eventually there will be a language change in the rules to make it open class. I would be interesting to know for certain though.

This can and probably will be argued both ways. But in it's action, it doesn't seem to be any different than any other zoom scope - you still have to mechanically change the power.

The advantage in an open dual optic setup is that you can leave the scope at power and use the separate dot scope for close up. Each optic can be set to a different zero as well and that is something that the Krueger may or may not be able to do. If not, then part of the advantage of the system is already lost.

Just check out the Kruger website. The holographic sight and the 2-8 are independently adjustable. It will be an interesting ruling when it happens but I would put my money on Open only. However, I just read on a different thread about super hi cap magazines Mr. Horner say something to the effect that open is more of a shotgun and pistol thing than a rifle thing.

I didn't see a weight on thier website, but SWFA had it listed at <30 ounces. Hmmm, is the future of 3gun scoes here?