Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hat backwards?

Flexmoney

again, I'll be the one in pink fuzzy overalls and a football helmet, with a matching pink digi-camo t-shirt. enjoy your kilts!

I voted for wear your hat the way you want, but let the RO explain to you the dangers of shooting w your hat backwards. as far as the whole tilted or sideways thing goes, maybe these guys are using IPSC to train for the streets;complete w the gangsta lean....

I personally would rather see a hat backwards than a guy wearing a kilt on the COF. especially if he's carrying a gun instead of bagpipes or liquor. And yes, PLEASE wear underwear! not that I want to see your skiivies either, unless of course you are an attractive well shaven/waxed female :surprise:

Sorry to not be able to go along with you on that...I would rather see someone shooting in a kilt, underware, I don';t care, whatever makes them happy...you could probably take a stab and say that they had done it as a gag, but the guys who ware the a** crack showing, baggy pants and the ball caps with the brims anyway but forward ....well, it hurts my eyes when I have to look at it. Kind of runs hand in hand with the way I feel about people with their rap noise amplified to a 1000 watts while riding with the windows down in traffic...URRRRGGG!!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilts may not be my thing :mellow:

But the guys I see playing with them are obvious good guys :D

Jim

+100

I just dont want to see someones testicles when going prone. especially some of you old timers! In fact I would much rather see a tilted hat or 1/2 an ass, before I am forced to see "old balls". just to reiterate...

:P

A couple of years ago we had a guy show up for a local match looking every bit the part - big baggy pants slung low (not too low, though), the cocked hat, the required bling. One guy even asked me if the 'street guys' were starting to come out to matches so they could learn our techniques.

They needn't have worried. He was a GM shooter visiting from out of state and kicked the snot out of everybody at the match.

:lol:

Smkshwn,

Thanks for the links, Now I know what to tell the Wife what I want for my B-day :cheers: BTW I do like the Storm-tooper outfit in your avatar.

Rich, I am hoping to maybe get out some in the following year, once the shoulder surgery heals, but I am still very active with my first shooting discipline (unhuh) of Cowboy Action Shooting. I may be making a couple of matches down there in So. CA (below Cape Mendecino ;) ) actually looking at the 3-gun matches more.

Dress is really no big deal, it's just one more aspect of the games we all play :ph34r:

Will,

We'll be glad to have you and if there's anything I can do to help, just shout. You'll know me 'cause I'm now going to make it a point to show up in to matches with my hat backwards and blaring the latest rap music to every match I go to. Think I'll have to break out the extra baggy cargo shorts now too and requisite Phat Farm or Rockawear gear....if only to piss people off that can't look in the mirror and remember their own youth.

Rebellion and individuality are not limited to the hippies of the 60's, Hell's Angels/bikers of the 70's and punk rocker's of the 80's.

Rich

unless of course you are an attractive well shaven/waxed female :surprise:

Forget waxing..forget shaving...go lasered....trust me...smoooooothhh.....sooooofffftttt :D:cheers::D:cheers::D

Kilts may not be my thing :mellow:

But the guys I see playing with them are obvious good guys :D

Jim

+100

I just dont want to see someones testicles when going prone. especially some of you old timers! In fact I would much rather see a tilted hat or 1/2 an ass, before I am forced to see "old balls". just to reiterate...

:P

There really should be an age limit on the kilts...I mean come on Merlin is so old you could prolly see his "old balls" while he was just standing there, let alone going prone :P

Edited by smokshwn

Will,

We'll be glad to have you and if there's anything I can do to help, just shout. You'll know me 'cause I'm now going to make it a point to show up in to matches with my hat backwards and blaring the latest rap music to every match I go to. Think I'll have to break out the extra baggy cargo shorts now too and requisite Phat Farm or Rockawear gear....if only to piss people off that can't look in the mirror and remember their own youth.

Rebellion and individuality are not limited to the hippies of the 60's, Hell's Angels/bikers of the 70's and punk rocker's of the 80's.

Rich

You still have 29 more days to go,so why not try out your new fashion statement on your Company Commander? I am sure he'd love the extra baggy BDU's that show your sideways smile, as well as your fatigue hat brim at 3 o'clock, Top Sergent will really get a kick out of that, I'm sure..

Showing a little common courtesy by having your audio at a respectful level is not too much to ask, regardless of the age of the person asking, and as far as your personal dress habits...well,how many who dress as you mention above,and I am sure with the associated Bling, do you see in the world where real, hardworking people make a corporate dollar...so if individuality calls you that strongly, do as you think you must, but be sure to keep it in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, 'cause Texans don't want to subsidise your baggy pants wearing, cap turned sideways wearing, front porch sitting, 40oz drinking, bling wearing, Liberal Government check taking, unemployed, unwed father of many, self.... B)

TLoop

Will,

Rich

You still have 29 more days to go,so why not try out your new fashion statement on your Company Commander? I am sure he'd love the extra baggy BDU's that show your sideways smile, as well as your fatigue hat brim at 3 o'clock, Top Sergent will really get a kick out of that, I'm sure..

Showing a little common courtesy by having your audio at a respectful level is not too much to ask, regardless of the age of the person asking, and as far as your personal dress habits...well,how many who dress as you mention above,and I am sure with the associated Bling, do you see in the world where real, hardworking people make a corporate dollar...so if individuality calls you that strongly, do as you think you must, but be sure to keep it in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, 'cause Texans don't want to subsidise your baggy pants wearing, cap turned sideways wearing, front porch sitting, 40oz drinking, bling wearing, Liberal Government check taking, unemployed, unwed father of many, self.... B)

TLoop

Excellent! :cheers:

With that being said ....

"Rebellion and individuality are not limited to the hippies of the 60's, Hell's Angels/bikers of the 70's and punk rocker's of the 80's." is something I totally agree with. B)

"

People that wear their ball caps backwards or sideways are just doing what comes natural. They learned those positions from holding onto the bars in their cells and pulling up to see outside. With the bill to the front the bars kept knocking the cap off.

LMAO, VERY good and most likely true!!

something i heard before, "turn your hat around, you can't possibly be as stupid as you look."

Also true!

So was the comment about no successful people with that type of dress!!!

Good points.

Rich

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you are swimming upstream here dude. BE'ers tend to be a bit Conservative and older on average, so your viewpoint is gonna fall on deaf ears.

ZH

Rich

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you are swimming upstream here dude. BE'ers tend to be a bit Conservative and older on average, so your viewpoint is gonna fall on deaf ears.

ZH

Good post Jay...and they're also the greatest supporters of our military people.

Folks should probably know that Jim has been quite upset that his opinion of gangster behavior has spawned discontent in this forum.

He was in no way attacking the young man in the military and repects his opinion even he disagrees with it.

~Merry Christmas to All~

Rich

ZH

Well...that is not entirely true. I get the emails and PM's that show that not everybody here is an crotchety right-winger. :) Some are more vocal than others, to be sure. ;)

Any true American ought to recognize an individual's personal freedoms. Any communist or authoritarian that wants to tell me what to wear, where to go, what to do...I offer up the Johnny Cash salute: http://www.penmachine.com/musicpages/greatestphoto.html

Eye-opening thread. Flex, were you drinking when you posted this poll?

Apparently it's not the Indian after all -- it's the headdress.

I've shot with people wearing a backwards cap (I think; I can't really remember noticing), but also with men wearing skirts kilts; folks drooling spit tobacco and dressed like cast extras from "Smokey and the Bandit;" dressed like Doc Holliday; people stuffing 60lbs of belly fat into Under Armor; D shooters bedazzled with vanity sponsorships, etc., etc., etc. There's no end to vanity nor accounting to what some think is "cool." If the shooters are fun to shoot with, and upbeat -- who really gives a f*ck? Seriously.

Sure, there's teasing, but there's also something a lot uglier and we all know where that line is.

Rich

ZH

Well...that is not entirely true. I get the emails and PM's that show that not everybody here is an crotchety right-winger. :) Some are more vocal than others, to be sure. ;)

Any true American ought to recognize an individual's personal freedoms. Any communist or authoritarian that wants to tell me what to wear, where to go, what to do...I offer up the Johnny Cash salute: http://www.penmachine.com/musicpages/greatestphoto.html

What cho talking 'bout Willis, I 've got a Hillary for Prez sticker on my environmentally friendly micro sedan... :lol:

~Merry Christmas to All~ :cheers:

C'mon guys, it's the age thing. Every generation goes through it. My Mom (and her generation) couldn't stand the clothes, haircut, cars, music, etc., that I (and my generation) were into in the 70's. Her Mom couldn't stand the clothes, haircut, music, peace signs, etc., that she was into. And on and on.

With every generation, when you are young you need to stand out. Be individual and set your mark on the world. The older generation will always roll there eye's and think "damn kids today". And the younger generation will never listen to any advise from their elders. And yeah, we sometimes forget we were young once. But the older you get, the less important it becomes to stand out or be individual. Been there, done that. You just want to get through each day with as little drama as possible.

So Rich. When you're in your 40's or 50's and a group of young guys comes up to your match dressed in black leather thongs and skin tight sleeveless black t-shirts blasting music from re-make 60's tunes, Please show them a little patience. They're just making their mark on the world. :D

DonT

edited for clarification

Edited by DonT

I 've got a Hillary for Prez sticker on my environmentally friendly micro sedan

If I didn't know better, I'd think that is what tightloop would like to appear under his avatar. It might just be a subconscious thing, but still. :rolleyes:

Zhunter I think is pretty accurate with his assessment of most here. I think it's what keeps a lot of folks around, but that's just MHO

While out in public, my step dad will ask the dingus' with exposed cracks and sideways hats: psst your panties are showing and do you play catcher? From a 65 year old guy to the little hood wannabes... it always cracks me up.

Edited because my spellchecker missed one word

Edited by Lighteye67

Since this thread has been brought back to life..I thought I'd better get it to the Humor section...where it belongs.

(boo...I recall that I did a lazy copy and paste of those poll questions from some other thread that was going on...putting the hat thing in as the subject)

All in fun. :D

I 've got a Hillary for Prez sticker on my environmentally friendly micro sedan

If I didn't know better, I'd think that is what tightloop would like to appear under his avatar. It might just be a subconscious thing, but still. :rolleyes:

Zhunter I think is pretty accurate with his assessment of most here. I think it's what keeps a lot of folks around, but that's just MHO

While out in public, my step dad will ask the dingus' with exposed cracks and sideways hats: psst your panties are showing and do you play catcher? From a 65 year old guy to the little hood wannabes... it always cracks me up.

Edited because my spellchecker missed one word

Lighteye67

There are two things which still confuse and confound the Liberals: 1. what does Tightloop really want to say under his avatar, and 2. what is really in that warehouse in Area 51....

Mulder and Sculley told me not to tell... B)

EEEEEEEEE the "L" word :P

I think we march to the same tune most of the time, but your last post of over the top sarcasm had me snorting coffee. If you make it down this a way (Florida Open 2008?), first one's on me :cheers:

Thank you Sir, I would be delighted....

What me...sarcastic??? Nah...Flex nailed it, I am just crotchity, and Yes, I have considered voting for Ron Paul... :goof: