Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc shooter fights back

Good story, but where did you get the link to the store owner being an IPSC shooter? The story says "Competition." Is this someone you know? Reguarless, good for him, and thats for the link.

Interestingly enough, it mentioned he used an STI 40 and engaged with two rounds.

He shot a double tap with a40 caliber STI, It's a clue ;) .

At least you guys have the right to defend yourself and beloved.

If it ever happen around here, the shooter would be immediately put on custody because he used a firearm to defend his life.

I don't know him, but I've seen him and his wife at several matches. He's a B class shooter.

A "B" class shooter, and he didn't get a single Alfa hit, Sandbagger! :D

I guess it was the high pucker factor of the stage!

Jim is one cool customer, and needs to commended for a lot of things. I stopped in the day after it happened, before it hit the newspaper, and it was business as usual. So, the day after he has to shoot a man to defend the life of himself, his wife, and 3 customers he gets up in the morning and does it again, refusing to be intimidated. I was in there for probably 45 minutes or more and I had no clue what had happened. Kathy and I joked about something, we played with the dog and laughed at how after your play with the dog your white shirt is now black. Jim, myself, and some cop that came in talked about Royal robbins vs. Eddie Bauer and started telling IPDA jokes and stuff. You would never have guessed that this had all gone down. Go Jim, you the man...... Hope if I am ever in that spot I got half the steel nuts that Jim's got.

Mikey

The kidney was the activator for the swinger ( elbow ). Therefore it was probably an ALPHA hit , and since it only appeared once ( perp falling to the floor at this time) it's an easy 5 pts. LOL

Dan

Who says the perp was in the 'I'm a little teapot' stance? Elbows are frequently in front of the body on non-silhouette targets. Hands and arms get shot a lot in force-on-force scenarios.

I'd give that at least 3 points. I imagine it's hard to operate a shotgun with one elbow suddenly inoperable.

Hunt, who is under police guard, suffered a shot to his left kidney and left elbow.

I'm with BradC. Charlie, Delta. What's up with that for a B shooter. Maybe the guy was bobbin' & weavin' like a swinger. :D

Good story. Next time....Bill Drill!

Rich

he had a shotgun for gosh sake. Those are very dangerous

Not according to the robber. :D I think he'd argue for the "non-tactical" STI 40. ;)

The question that begs to be answered. Did the store owner go for the second mag in the drawer (i.e. Mini Mart)?

Rich

At least you guys have the right to defend yourself and beloved.

If it ever happen around here, the shooter would be immediately put on custody because he used a firearm to defend his life.

I was just about to post the same :( .

Good for this guy and I wish we here in Europe could do things like that defending our property and lives.

Given that we don't know the stage layout or what portions of the target were exposed, it's possible that we're looking at two Alphas here. He may have had to engage around several no-shoots!

I love it when the good guy wins. This must go into the NRA journals' columns about armed citizens.