Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quality M&P holster

grouse

Hard to go wrong with a Blade-Tech.

+1 They make something for every body, pretty much. If you want speed, the DOH is real nice and the retention is there depending on how hard you crank down on the tension screws. If you want real retention, the WRS Level 2 holster is really quick to draw from and sturdy as all hell.

• 4 weeks later...

Blade-Tech DOH is my choice. I had a Comp-Tac holster but it would not maintain its position on a CR Speed belt, loops were too loose. Holster would slide back and forth too easy.

My blade tech does that, but it's still my choice...I have 4

Blade-Tech DOH is my choice. I had a Comp-Tac holster but it would not maintain its position on a CR Speed belt, loops were too loose. Holster would slide back and forth too easy.

My blade tech does that, but it's still my choice...I have 4

The Blade Tech I have takes some effort to slide it on the belt, the Comp Tac would simply fall off with nothing in it if you held the belt up.

The Comp Tac is a well made holster but I much prefer one that does not slide easily on the belt. The Comp Tac folks are nice to deal with if you decide to purchase one of those.

Edited by retarmyaviator

I am in the same position. I am leaning toward the comp-tac with the paddle because i like the way it is built, many positive reviews, the shorter lead time and I like the competition kit you can get which includes a double mag pouch for a pretty good price. My major concern is does the DOH offer superior performance enough to justify the wait or should I stick with a standard holster so that I am always using the same basic draw between different guns. If I do get the comp-tac is there any reason not to get the paddle?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for Ready tac. Chris is pretty local to me and he can adjust things for you if needed. Lots of guys have had pretty good luck with his stuff. Look for his gear on CPWSA and SKD sites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of good holster makers out there but I have been very happy with Comp-Tac. At last count I think I have 7 or 8 of them for my various pistols.... I've used Blade Tech in the past and they offer a well made product but I prefer the design of the belt loops on the Comp-Tac holsters plus I find Comp-Tac to be quicker and more responsive if I need something. However, I don't think you could go wrong with either company.