Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Kydex Holster

I am looking at the Kydex holster for the witness in the EAA catalog - does anyone have one of these??

Does it have a strap to hold the gun or does it snap-in like an Uncle Mikes kydex?

What I'd like to find is an decent kydex or leather holster for my full size .45 Witness in the $50.00 - $70.00 price range.

Yes, Bladetech makes one and they are seriously backordered. I'm still waiting for one.

I've read on this forum that some SIG holsters fit the EAA guns... Blackhawk I think is the brand, but I can't recall nor find the threads right now.

• 1 year later...

I emailed Blade-Tech on 08/14/13, about whether their holster for the Witness Polymer wouild fit my new Witness Polymer and so far have had no response. When I ordered the gun I expected the scalloped slide, like it shows on the EAA Corp. website, but when the pistol arrived it had the the "squared off slide", like on the other Witness models. I have heard that they are running behind and so maybe they haven't had time to get back to me. Should I wait or buy another brand? The Blade-Tech that I have for my Match is perfect.

I emailed Blade-Tech on 08/14/13, about whether their holster for the Witness Polymer wouild fit my new Witness Polymer and so far have had no response. When I ordered the gun I expected the scalloped slide, like it shows on the EAA Corp. website, but when the pistol arrived it had the the "squared off slide", like on the other Witness models. I have heard that they are running behind and so maybe they haven't had time to get back to me. Should I wait or buy another brand? The Blade-Tech that I have for my Match is perfect.

I know a shop that has a newer Bladetech holster and a newer Witness polymer gun in stock last I talked with him. If he still does, I will ask him to dry fit the two and let you know.

Edited by praetorian97

I know a shop that has a newer Bladetech holster and a newer Witness polymer gun in stock last I talked with him. If he still does, I will ask him to dry fit the two and let you know.

Thanks

MY GF had a Bladetech for her M&P that her Match fit into damn near perfectly.

We discovered it by accident. I bought her a Serpa that I modified slightly for her to use, but she put the wrong one on her belt. She shot half the 3 Gun match before I even noticed she was using the wrong holster. But it fit... <shrugs>

So in a pinch, the M&P full size Bladetech is a great fit for the Match.

My Polymer Frame Witness is wider than my Large Frame Witness so it may not fit in a Blade Tech.

Gary,

Yeah, BladeTech makes one for the Poly, but I don't know if it will fit the the full sized polymer framed Witness with the new unscalloped slide. That's the question that I emailed to them, but I'm still waiting (10 days- so far) for Blade Tech to answer me. Maybe they don't know whether it will fit either yet or maybe they're just seriously backordered like Skydriver wrote above.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

Nealio- I wish I knew how to post a picture. But here goes; the EAA Corp website shows the slide on the Polymer full size Witness has a groove (this is what I'm calling scalloped) running with the length of the slide, on each slide of the slide. I believe these are the slides that have been cracking once in a while in .40 and 10mm. The Polymer Carry next to it has a more traditional slide, it looks more squared off when viewed from the back- more like the Match.

I'll figure out how to post pictures, sorry, I think its my browser's security settings.

Yeah, that sounds right. I expected a "round" slide on the full size Polymer framed Witness like it shows on the EAA Corp website, but received a "square" slide from Davidson's. I assume its the newest version of the full sized poly. I'm happy with the change because I've read here that its not likely to crack like sometimes happened with the older model slide on these pistols, but worry that the BladeTech holster for the poly won't fit.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

• 4 weeks later...

The current Blade-Tech OWB holster for the polymer framed full sized Witness doesn't fit the new full sized poly with the square slide. The EAA website still shows the full sized polymer frame Witness with a round slide, so I assume (yeah I've heard about assumptions, but can't stop making them) that Tanfoglio recently started making the full sized Witness polymer with a square slide instead of the older round slide.

I'm glad that Tanfoglio made the change; its probably more durable (I've read here that a few of the round slides cracked, possibly on pistols that had too light or too heavy a recoil spring), but I wish they had notified EAA and the holster making companies. I'm going to have one of my kids take some pictures of the pistol and holster and I'll email them to Blade-Tech, before I send the holster back. Maybe the problem is a foreign company making the pistol and a domestic company making the holsters or maybe someone just didn't think to do a press release about the change from round slide to square slide. Its annoying, but if its the worst problem I have this month, then I guess I should count my blessings.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to order a Blade-Tech OWB drop offset paddle holster for my Witness but am not sure which one to select in the "Gun Model" box on the Blade-Tech website. My gun is a Large frame Witness that started life as a .45 to which I installed a .40 S&W "longslide" upper, extended safety and Henning's flat trigger. The choices are; Combat, Force pro, Limited, Limited Custom, Limited Custom II, Stock II or Witness Elite Match. I think the last one is what I need as my gun looks like the pictures of Elite Matchs I have seen but am not sure what I need to order. I have no accessory rail.