Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Best" G35 Limited Division Trigger Available

mrgreentie

So I know the term "best" is broad and very subjective so let me be a little more specific as to what I consider attributes of the "best"

1. Trigger pull 2lbs or less

2. Very short pre and over-travel

3. Crisp break

4. Smooth pull devoid of scraping, crinking, catching, looseness, etc.

I have a Vanek Classic in my Production Glock 34 and I do like it but there are several things that bother me. Firstly, it has a "rolling" break. The trigger pull weight isn't terrible (It averages 3.5lbs on a trigger pull gauge) but it could be lighter. Finally, it has a good amount of pre-travel.

So, what are my options for a trigger I can buy, for a Limited G35 I'm building? Is there anyway to have an absolutely amazing trigger in a Glock?

3. Crisp break

Based on the above, I'd have to go with the Glockworx/ZEV Ultimate drop in kit. It has a pre/over travel adjustment on it, and the trigger pad is slightly bigger than stock (which I like). Every shooter is different and as a result everyone has different wants/needs/expectations. I wanted the pre/over travel adjustment and got it from the GW/ZEV kit.

Edited by Noximus03

3. Crisp break

Based on the above, I'd have to go with the Glockworx/ZEV Ultimate drop in kit. It has a pre/over travel adjustment on it, and the trigger pad is slightly bigger than stock (which I like). Every shooter is different and as a result everyone has different wants/needs/expectations. I wanted the pre/over travel adjustment and got it from the GW/ZEV kit.

I second this. I have a GW ultimate trigger in my 35 and it works very well. The difference in the lack of take-up and almost no over travel along with a very crisp break is a very big improvement. You can easily adjust the pull with the included springs to get to the 2lb mark. The trigger pad is a big difference and a lot more comfortable than stock with no flex that I can feel. Well worth the money and it drops in.

Edited by Atlgentlegiant

• 3 weeks later...

One of my 19/2011 buddy's shot my 34 and said its as close to a 1911 trigger not installed in a 1911 he's ever felt. figured I'd throw that out there......

Seems this trigger kit will be next on my list of gun shopping items. :cheers:

I have a Vanek Classic in my Production Glock 34 and I do like it but there are several things that bother me. Firstly, it has a "rolling" break. The trigger pull weight isn't terrible (It averages 3.5lbs on a trigger pull gauge) but it could be lighter. Finally, it has a good amount of pre-travel.

I am definitely in the minority but I like the Vanek Classic just the way it is. I've tried a ligher trigger with less pre-travel and don't care for them. With the Vanek I can ride the reset so the pre-travel is not a problem where as with no pre-travel I find myself slapping the trigger more. And too light for me means unwanted and unexpected shots (I won't call them AD's).

You might just want to contact Charlie Vanek and talk with him about what you like and don't like in the Classic and he'll put you in a trigger that suits you best.

I've tried them all including several variations of my own mods. While I can slightly beat a Vanek with my own work, you said "Best" and "Available" which implies you want to work done for you.

The Vanek is the best and the safeties do work. The "Classic" does not feel near as good as the Super GrandMaster. But of course trigger feel is all subjective and based on what you like. So best bet is to try as many as you can before you spend the coin.

• 1 month later...

Is there a difference in the trigger or trigger bar geometry between the Vanek, Glockworx/Zev or stock triggers/trigger bars? I've always used the stock to do my own work, but if there's a benefit maybe it makes sense to buy at least the trigger bar.

FWIW, as I don't have any experience with the Vanek out of the box:

I'm also in the Vanek boat. Mine came used in a 24 that I bought, but damn I love it. I installed a ZEV kit at work the other day. It was a light pull, but I could tell it was going to take adjustments to get it to the sweet spot. I left this to the customer to do, as what I like may be totally wrong for him.

Is there a difference in the trigger or trigger bar geometry between the Vanek, Glockworx/Zev or stock triggers/trigger bars? I've always used the stock to do my own work, but if there's a benefit maybe it makes sense to buy at least the trigger bar.

Yes.

Buddy of mine put a GW/ZEV trigger in his Limited 35, and - I dislike the feel of Glocks - I would shoot this gun now. ;)

Trigger broke clean, light, take up and overtravel were nice. He did say that he had to do a LOT of adjustment to get it balanced the way he wanted it.

One of the nicest shortest most light triggers I've ever felt on a Glock was from John Nagel at SJC Customs. He changes angles and relocates the trigger pad. Have to send your gun to him though to be fitted, but it is nice.

I love both my Glockworx Ultimate trigger kit (in my 24 Limited gun) and my Vogle Competition from Glocktriggers.com (in my 34 Production/IDPA SSP gun). Both feel different, but I like them both! I like the trigger face on the Glockworx - It is flatter and wider, and I do not "steer" the gun as much as I do with a standard trigger. The Vogel kit is great in that it has different springs included so you can customize the feel to what you like. Also, it is CRISP!

Watch what you wish for in a "light" glock trigger - they seem to get mushy if you get them too light! Also, be careful when you go adjusting the adjustable triggers - had a full mag dump on my 24 once - 19 continues rounds of 198PF 40 cal = not as fun as you would expect!

Ask around at local matches, I am sure you will be able to finger :goof: a few of the different offerings from all of the manufacturers.

So I know the term "best" is broad and very subjective so let me be a little more specific as to what I consider attributes of the "best"

3. Crisp break

So, what are my options for a trigger I can buy, for a Limited G35 I'm building? Is there anyway to have an absolutely amazing trigger in a Glock?

Shot both Zev and Vanek triggers and +1 on the Vanek super trigger kit.

Edited by works for ammo