Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Single Stack Nationals

JakeMartens

I compiled the few stages I got from today at my website

I carefully looked at the vid and it is obvious that Sara was shooting 124.5 PF ammo. My trained eye can spot it in the amount of muzzle flip. :devil:

Seriously tho, it is awesome to shoot with Sara when I get the chance. :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter?

I'm sure other people have video of it too, and it will get uploaded to YouTube soon enough...most likely not made searchable, but strictly viewable when the link gets emailed or PM'ed to you.

As of the 1:48pm update there have been 9 DQ's reported. One with Sara D. shooting sub-minor, and Rob's gun drop. Any idea what the others were for?

Hate to nitpick but subminor is not a dq.

Thanks for the correction.

As to video or photos being posted of someone DQ'ing it is just bad taste. If you haven't DQ'd you don't know how it feels and then have to relive it again and again because someone else wants to see it. If anyone of the people who want to see what Rob did you might have a different opinion if you were standing there when it did happen. It doesn't matter if the shooter is at the bottom or at the top of the sport it just shouldn't be done.

As they say, "If you haven't DQ'd yet, just wait".

Rich

3rd trip to nationals and this was by far the most fun! Excellent job to all those involved. The staff was great at every stage and the stages were a lot of fun!

I had couple of bobbles. I forgot to insert a magazine before starting stage 5, after finishing 4. I don't know how I did that, but it happened. Going hot from stage to stage caught me out I guess. That hurt, once the results were posted.....I was 9 match points behind top 10.

Again, the stages were very good. Cigar bar was so different and I've never shot anything like it. I look forward to the standards stage every year, and every year I flub it. How many targets to engage before the swinger or drop turner? Simply having a choice makes for fun stages.

Looking forward to what they come up with next year.

As to video or photos being posted of someone DQ'ing it is just bad taste. If you haven't DQ'd you don't know how it feels and then have to relive it again and again because someone else wants to see it. If anyone of the people who want to see what Rob did you might have a different opinion if you were standing there when it did happen. It doesn't matter if the shooter is at the bottom or at the top of the sport it just shouldn't be done.

Rich

I totally agree. If ever someone wants to post a video of themselves DQing for whatever reason (a cautionary tale, perhaps) then more power to them. However, we should have the sense to not post video of someone else DQing without their consent.

But - I have to also say I think it's weird to post a video of someone who shot for no score because the ammo she brought didn't make PF. It's not a DQ, but it's not a performance that should be promoted or advertised either.

But - I have to also say I think it's weird to post a video of someone who shot for no score because the ammo she brought didn't make PF. It's not a DQ, but it's not a performance that should be promoted or advertised either.

Fair comment, but many of Sara's videos that I posted were posted before the chrono stage. In fact I think her squad only had two or three stages after the chrono before they ended match. I never thought to remove them and as you say its not a DQ so I think I will leave them up.

On a small side note; I just got back after a 12 hour drive from Illinois, weighed myself at the gym and found that I had lost 7lbs in 3 days of the heat/humidity of PASA Park...

UGH !

Yup. I lost 2.5 lbs between Friday morning at home and Saturday night after the match. Steak and beer for dinner last night helped me overcome the deficit this morning, though, so all's swell that ends swell.

BB

Rich

I totally agree. If ever someone wants to post a video of themselves DQing for whatever reason (a cautionary tale, perhaps) then more power to them. However, we should have the sense to not post video of someone else DQing without their consent.

Sara only had 4 stages left after chrono

I compiled the few stages I got from today at my website

I carefully looked at the vid and it is obvious that Sara was shooting 124.5 PF ammo. My trained eye can spot it in the amount of muzzle flip. :devil:

Seriously tho, it is awesome to shoot with Sara when I get the chance. :)

Makes me wonder if she didn't chronograph her load through a clean barrel? I think last year one of the top female shooters went from Major to Minor, but Minor to nothing. :sick:

FWIW, I thought Ray and crew did a great job on stage design this year. There was a good balance between the classic SSC speed shoots and standards and stages with options and movement enough to reward shooters who could run and gun. Although I complained bitterly at the time, I especially liked the turners activated in one port and available 1-2 steps away through another port. I thought the use of hard cover/no-shoot/long shots was just about right to require accuracy without turning the match into a bullseye competition.

It's also worth noting that since there is no Super Squad per se at the SSC, there were lots of opportunities to watch outstanding shooters on any given day. I was fortunate enough to be squadded with a couple of top 16 shooters and got to watch Shannon Smith shoot several stages in the squad ahead of us. On Friday, I got to watch a few more of the top shooters, and my best stage benefited from remembering how Blake Miguez shot it (I shot it just like Blake, only slower).

This match remains one of my favorite matches, and I'm already making a list of things I need to improve for next year:

1) Speed

2) Accuracy

roflol.gif

BB

ETA: My one complaint with the match is that my ears are still ringing from the tube/steel stage. I seldom shoot through barrels, and the blast and noise from those $#%#@ tubes were more than either my hearing protection or my focus could handle. That's on me for not knowing, but if you're going to force shooters into a tube, it might be a good idea to at least encourage the shooters with plugs don muffs as well. Cool stage other than that, though.

Edited by bbbean

I have video, it will not be uploaded.

You should have just said no.

Huh? Not sure I understand your point...

If you have video you are not going to show, keep it to yourself. What is the point of saying you have it?

Neat match. The stages were more fun than last year, and there was a better 'mix' of stages.

I got to shoot with some forum members, who all shot very well, including want2race, steel1212, and BBBean.

I watched (from the bleachers) Jake move into Open. Ouch.

I didnt see TGO's DQ, one his squad mates described it to me as "scary"

It was very possible to snag a gun on the edge of those tubes and lose it.

It was an interesting weekend.

It was on Friday

Sara subminor with the same ammo she used at Area 1 that went 130pf

Manny struggle all day with mag problems was painful to watch

there was also an interesting ruling on a popper issue that resulted in a reshoot

There were a couple of DQ's for setting your loaded gun down on the table starts with no safety on, but they were dq'd after MR and before start signal

Edited by JakeMartens

It was on Friday

Sara subminor with the same ammo she used at Area 1 that went 130pf

Manny struggle all day with mag problems was painful to watch

there was also an interesting ruling on a popper issue that resulted in a reshoot

There were a couple of DQ's for setting your loaded gun down on the table starts with no safety on, but they were dq'd after MR and before start signal

Yeah Jake, we walked the stages on Friday...it was everything I could do to not yell "dont put them your front pocket" I've had mags bounce out before, but not all of them! BTW, you were a good sport to keep your composure there.