Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 USPSA Pistol Nationals

Do I look like I want to be smacked? Or to have another digit inserted in front of every stage time that's entered? I've already learned --- don't mess with stats!

No, it was semi-serious suggestion, as in try to find a local masseuse who can work on you for an hour maybe Wednesday night? I was forced to go to one by my chiropractor early this year, when he could no longer adjust my neck; a massage every two weeks has made a huge difference in my flexibility and quality of life --- not to mention finally ridding me of the migraines that regularly plagued me during the last eighteen months....

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't coddle him, Nik, it'll only make the whining worse. ;) I was gonna offer him some cheese to go with the whine, but now I'll have to put on my McMeanus hat and say: SUCK IT UP! Bwahhahahahahahaha. :lol:

Oh, I forgot to say, "Bless his heart", being from the South and all.... :D:D As in, "Poor Brian, he had to watch them shooters climb them two steps all day, bless his heart!" I'll suggest moving the cold adult beverages upstairs, away from Hi-Def Heaven; that way you'll get some stair climbin' in every evening, and be in shape for that stage. :P

Besides, I know Mrs. BDH, and he ain't gettin' no sympathy there.... :o

Troy

• 1 month later...

Just got off the phone with Dave Thomas @ USPSA. He says we're playing under current edition (14th?) rules and that squadding is being done as we speak and should be posted on the web site within a week.

This looks like it'll be fun. Since I'm on Erik's squad too, I'll get a bunch of people to show me how it's done :P

Cool!

Kevin

P.S. What's the problem with Foo-foo guns? I bet you drive a stick too :P

I don't know about anyone else but I am ticked.

I think im the only shooter on the squad with 10 rounds and the Prod SS is 3 squads in front of me. I'm not saying I deserve it at all, but throw me a bone here. I'm shooting with a ton of Limited and Open shooters. :angry::angry::angry:

Guys, here is the text of an announcement that will probably go up as written tomorrow on the members page. I'll try to answer questions if you have them.

Troy

<copied text follows>

As stated in the participation release and agreement on your Nationals slot, every effort has been made to honor your squadding requests. Requests made for travel reasons were given first priority, followed by "mutual" requests,( i.e. Tom requests to shoot with Bob, and Bob requests to shoot with Tom), then by unilateral requests, ( i.e. Tom requests to shoot with Bob, but Bob didn't write a request to shoot with Tom), then in general classification/regional groupings. In some cases, requests to be in the same squad could not be honored, due to restrictions on squad size and other factors. In those cases, an attempt was made to squad competitors in adjacent squads shooting during the same time period. Requests to be placed on the "super squad" were honored based on past performance, as well as could be quantified, and super squad scheduling has been arranged to afford the best possible opportunities for the media to capture the action. Dave Thomas and Roger Maier handled all the "super squad" and 2nd "super squad" assignments--the remaining competitors were squadded using the criteria listed above by USPSA staff. A lot of long hours were put into making squad assignments, and everyone involved has my most sincere appreciation. There are, at present, 545 competitors entered in the match, so as you can imagine, there are lots of different squadding requests. We expect the number of entrants to change some, due to cancellations and late entries, so there may be room in some of the squads by the time that registration rolls around.

As a competitor, here's what you should do to ensure the best possible squad fit: If you have a serious problem with your squad assignment, please contact Kim Williams at USPSA headquarters, kim@uspsa.org, and inform her of it as early as possible. She will try to help you out, but USPSA can make no guarantees. Squad changes will not be made at registration, unless:

1) there are extremely special circumstances OR

2) you have arranged a swap with someone from your desired squad, OR

3) there is an opening due to a cancellation or previous change.

In short, if your squad assignment is not perfect, don't panic. We'll try to get the best possible fit, but request your cooperation and understanding.

Ray Hirst, Match Director, 2004 USPSA Handgun Nationals

John Amidon, Range Master, 2004 USPSA Handgun Nationals

Troy McManus, Range Master, 2004 USPSA Handgun Nationals

Jake, maybe if your squad watches you enough you can induce them to do some extra reloads.

kdj, nothing wrong squadding with foo-foos except for the noise and that my stage strategies might have to be different from the foo-foos.

Whoa, 3 top sixteen finishers on my squad with shred, including ong45, and a bunch of Ms and GMs. Steve Anderson, Flexmoney, Nik Habicht, and shred. Only problem is it's foo-foo gun heavy. :)

Nik and I will be shooting real guns. B)

(Great squad) B)

I'd like to ask a question from the uninformed-but-struggling-to-catch-up section;

Since I live only 200 mi from Barry, and I have time available starting on Wed, what do you folks think would be the best time to show up just to observe? I'd also like the chance to meet as many of you as possible.

As a novice shooter, is it appropriate for me to even consider shooting (production) at this match? My gun runs fine, and I've been practicing. When I describe myself as a novice, I mean in the context of this sport....I'm a retired Marine (also served as a reserve police officer) with a lot of shooting experience behind me.

I'm on squad 34 and have never heard of any of these people? Be my luck they will all be shooting Production D Class or something silly like revolver. oh well it's only nationals. ;)

Then you can mentor them the way you mentored me at my first major......

and you can reload after every ten rounds to show them how it's done......

......after all it's only Nats.....

.....Cy Pritchard is a forum member, I believe...

I don't know about anyone else but I am ticked.

I think im the only shooter on the squad with 10 rounds and the Prod SS is 3 squads in front of me. I'm not saying I deserve it at all, but throw me a bone here. I'm shooting with a ton of Limited and Open shooters. :angry::angry::angry:

Look at it as an opportunity. There was some guy last year that wasn't on the supersquad and he did pretty good. You could follow the example that guy did and come from out of nowhere. That raises eyebrows, from what I hear.

Chriss,

I don't recogize a person on your squad. I am in Squad #2 with 10 other people from the Pittsburgh area. I pity the three others in our squad, they will think that we need a mental check up by the end of the week.

I'm on squad 34 and have never heard of any of these people? Be my luck they will all be shooting Production D Class or something silly like revolver. oh well it's only nationals. ;)

You know at least 2 of them Chriss! John Golson is Singlestack and Cy Pritchard is CHP5

As a novice shooter, is it appropriate for me to even consider shooting (production) at this match?

Go SHOOT the match!! Simple as that. I shot my first Nats with approx 6 mos of pistol shooting experience. With your Military background (THANK YOU), you have far more experience than I had..... and I had a GREAT Nationals experience. SHOOT IT!! ;)