Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip tape needed

21 shooter

I got some grip tape for the small frame Glock from Manny Bragg, but he does not sell the grip tape to fit the large frame Glock. I have not been able to find any. Anyone here have any suggestions as to who might have it? I have checked several places with no luck. Thanks for any help.

Strips of skate tape. Clean the gun really good, then go over it again with rubbing alcohol. Warm it a bit with a hair dryer. Wrap the skate tape on how you want it. Then tightly wrap a bungee cord around the grip and let it sit overnight.

It doesn't have to be all laser cut and pretty to function correctly. Did someone say pretty? It's a Glock for Pete's sake!

http://myplace.frontier.com/~prophet60091/images/G35Production-med.jpg

Eric Wesselman has large frame grip tape available: http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

I am a huge fan of this grip tape. I've tried several other brands as well as various skate board tape and by far prefer his product. It is perfectly cut for the grip, provides just the right amount of aggressiveness (for me), and lasts an extremely long time.

Local board shop. You can get enough to grip 10 Glocks for about $10. It never came loose in the heat either. With a little time and effort you can make it look like store bought grip tape so you don't "ugly up" your Glock.

Eric Wesselman has large frame grip tape available: http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

I am a huge fan of this grip tape. I've tried several other brands as well as various skate board tape and by far prefer his product. It is perfectly cut for the grip, provides just the right amount of aggressiveness (for me), and lasts an extremely long time.

I had tried with no success to contact him awhile back, but since you mentioned him, I ordered a set. Hopefully I get it in time for a match. Thanks for reminding me of Eric.

I don't mind cutting out skateboard tape, but I have not been able to make it as good as what I got from Manny. The texture they have is just right, not to abrasive, but enough traction to do the job.

I did add one more thing to my list, which I got today. I have been using 91% alcohol to clean the grip, but I've decided to try acetone instead. The alcohol just did not remove all of the glue from the skateboard tape. I don't think it will hurt the frame as long as I don't soak it overnight! :)

I do appreciate all the responses to this. It would seem that skateboard tape, or deck tape, is a big hit. I used it for years but I really think this grip tape is more effective, at least for me. I do know that I can hold on to the gun better with this tape than I could with the skateboard tape I had been using, and my times and accuracy are better. The great thing about shooters is that we are constantly trying new things to get an edge. That helps make it fun.

+1.

I've found that on my Gen 3 large butt (i.e., non-SF) G21, a segment of mountain bike innertube provides an excellent, non-travelling/rotating grip enhancement, which is dirt cheap (if not freee outright from your local bike shop for a used one with a puncture)and doesn't grab on concealment garments. It's also extremely thin.

Best, Jon

Edited by JonInWA