Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pastrami !

warpspeed

The Manhattan deli or The Wall Street deli here in yes Richmond Va. It was my 1st job while in high school. We use to cure our own corned beef and make pastrami from it. EVERYTHING I owned smelled like garlic. The corned beef and pastrami was still the best I have ever had. At the time I didn't appreciate how good it was and now I get a craving for it once a month or so ;) .

Edited by Pigdawg

The Manhattan deli or The Wall Street deli here in yes Richmond Va. It was my 1st job while in high school. We use to cure our own corned beef and make pastrami from it. EVERYTHING I owned smelled like garlic. The corned beef and pastrami was still the best I have ever had. At the time I didn't appreciate how good it was and now I get a craving for it once a month or so ;) .

Thread drift.

Pigdawg...I am not a huge fan of the SPCA but in your case I will make a report. It is inhuman to put a dog in that outfit!

JUST SEEING THAT REDUCES ME TO eatdrink.gif

[/quote

I haven't had a good pastrami sandwich since I left Boston 30 years ago. looks like a road trip is in order!

I love pastrami, but no way would I go to NYC just for a sandwich, regardless of how good it is.

I guessed you must have missed the opening picture from heaven. I would go anywhere for a piece of that. :D

Warpspeed: You call that diet sandwich from LA a close second? :surprise:

Old San Francisco Deli in Redding has a really good one on a fresh baked Sourdough Baguette (I know it's not traditional,but I love it :wub: ). Never been a fan of rye myself, but some things go well with it.

I love pastrami, but no way would I go to NYC just for a sandwich, regardless of how good it is.

I guessed you must have missed the opening picture from heaven. I would go anywhere for a piece of that. :D

Warpspeed: You call that diet sandwich from LA a close second? :surprise:

I call that diet sandwich from LA 2730 miles closer ! :)

Someone has got to know the name of the great Jewish deli and bakery in Phoenix AZ. I cant remember the name of the place, but their Ruebens and pastrami on rye are as good as any I have ever had. Their whole menu is great. Pastrami, pastrami, pastrami, I LOOOOOVE PASTRAMI!

Edited by JimmyZip