Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Mags with Dawson base pads

tackdr1ver

I have done some research while I have been here at work ALL evening ( SHhhhhh ) And razerok1 you are right, Arrendondo does make followers for the Glock.

But, I was thinking :surprise: is 1 round REALLY going to make a difference??? Whether you have 19 or 20 in the mag, you are going to pretty much reload at the same time. All 5 of my mags are 19 re-loadable.

Just my opinion.

I run Arredondo extensions for my G35 and I get 20 rounds, reloadable in each magazine. Never a problem with them at all.

I've seen some Dawsons have some issues with capacity. Check to see if the spring and/or follower is binding on something as it is compressed down when loading rounds.

Z-

+1. I have the same results. Never a problem getting 20 reloadable in my (gen 3) G-35 mags with Arredondo +5 basepads. No follower mods, either. I did have to shape the outside of the basepads to work with the brass "The" magwell, though.

Your right- I have a dozen mags for my 35- with Dawson base pads and springs.

Seven get the 20 in them with no problems- using Dave's method of reducing

the followers- and they seat and feed no problems!

The other- only 19 rounds, no matter what I have tried! A friend found the same thing.

So he got 5 new ones the other day- and presto-all held 20 and worked.

How many can you fit if you don't reduce the follower at all? 18? 19?

The key to max capacity with stock followers is finding elusive #5 followers. Banks

So the #5 followers are the key?

Are there aftermarket Glock followers?

I don't have any of the #5's. I have all #6 followers- with the Dawson

mods that I did!:rolleyes:

I have 2 mags that are 20 round loadable at the start. I have 4 mags that are 19 round reloadable. Of these 4, 2 will hold 20 rounds but I do not consider them safe to consistently seat during a reload so I down load them to 19 rounds. It is nice have mags capable of holding 20 rounds at the start because shooting a 20 round COF with 21 rounds available (20 + barney) is better than exactly 20 available (19 + barney).

I do not consider a mag loadable or reloadable unless I can get at least 1/2 of a bullet diameter of free space when I push down on the top cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...