Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets

Ripper10

I ordered a sample pack of Bayou Bullets this February for my first season of USPSA. I worked up a good load that I planned on shooting this summer, and then ordered a Dillon 550 and set it up to load the Bayous. I emailed Donnie to place an order, and as usual he emailed me back in short order. The bad news is, he is back ordered 6 to 7 weeks on all his bullets. He must have a good product!

I guess I will be shooting Berrys.

Just a heads up for those of you shooting Donnie's bullets.

Paul

The back order appears to be growing. I ordered some about 3 weeks ago. It took about two weeks for them to ship. We exchanged some emails after they were sent and Donnie indicated he was 4-5 weeks back ordered at that point.

He has a good product and provides good service. I am glad to see him succeed. Perhaps if the demand continues he will increase his capacity.

I ordered a sample pack of Bayou Bullets this February for my first season of USPSA. I worked up a good load that I planned on shooting this summer, and then ordered a Dillon 550 and set it up to load the Bayous. I emailed Donnie to place an order, and as usual he emailed me back in short order. The bad news is, he is back ordered 6 to 7 weeks on all his bullets. He must have a good product!

Paul

I called last week to order more of his 230grn plus some 124's for a 38 super and was informed of the back order, which he said 4-6 weeks. I last ordered 2k of the 230's in Dec and was told of a 3 week back order, I had them next week, I was elated, my mail carrier wasn't :roflol: . I also caught him on the road this last time, which he pulled over just to take my order. He also wouldn't take my credit card saying he didn't want to charge me for back orders nor did he want my card number laying around and told me he'd call back a few days before they shipped to get it. Donnie has my business for life, I'll wait for his product. I'm not in desperate need of bullets at the moment anyway since my current schedule is preventing any shooting until June. :(

Edited by BlueOvalBandit

Paul

I called last week to order more of his 230grn plus some 124's for a 38 super and was informed of the back order, which he said 4-6 weeks. I last ordered 2k of the 230's in Dec and was told of a 3 week back order, I had them next week, I was elated, my mail carrier wasn't :roflol: . I also caught him on the road this last time, which he pulled over just to take my order. He also wouldn't take my credit card saying he didn't want to charge me for back orders nor did he want my card number laying around and told me he'd call back a few days before they shipped to get it. Donnie has my business for life, I'll wait for his product. I'm not in desperate need of bullets at the moment anyway since my current schedule is preventing any shooting until June. :(

I was at the shop this morning, he was shipping out a huge order, just a two man operation and they are working their butts off. Even I have to wait, and I'm local.

I was at the shop this morning, he was shipping out a huge order, just a two man operation and they are working their butts off. Even I have to wait, and I'm local.

Maybe it's time to make it a three man operation. :roflol:

Seriously, Donnie is awesome and if you haven't tried Bayou Bullets yet, your missing out. Congrats to Donnie! Glad to see his business doing so well.

I ordered 10K of the 180 gr .40. He said it would be two to three weeks. That's just about up.

But I've got another 1000 or two at the house and a couple thousand loaded.

The thing is that they are less expensive. $245 shipped for a box of 3,500 124gr? That's 7 cents a round. You can drop the price of a box to between $5 and $6 depending on powder and primer cost (recycled brass).

I am going through a box of 1,000 Berrys now, I am pretty sure I can stand the backorder of several weeks.

No doubt he will be a good capitalist and raise his prices soon, so now is the time to order. Berrys used to be cheaper too.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's moly. It seems to be some other proprietary material. It doesn't look or feel or smell anything like the precision moly bullets. I don't know how it would work in a comp. However, the coating seems much tougher than the typical "moly" coating and it leaves the barrel nice and clean.

Anyone tried one in a poly-rifled barrel to see how much leading/other crap it leaves behind? I'm not that familiar with shooting lead casts, in general, but don't they require a wax coating of some sort? Do these require the same or is it just load/shoot?

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to order some to fill a gap in my casting, well lack of time to cast and he said he was on a 9 week backlog. Even the local shops that carry his bullets are out.