Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Demonstration of the Shotgun Quad Load

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

are most using the fiocchi dummy rounds to practice with? I'm not too familiar with dummy rounds for shotguns.

Able Amoe had the Fiocchi dummy round at $12 for a 25 round box = I use them too ,to will not practice for a wile had to Glue my thumb back togeather at BRM3G Super Glue is great.

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my 8 round Pinwheel a few days ago and it is fantastic. I initially only ever thought about loading 2 at a time but after a couple of nights practice I am sold on the quad load. While I haven't used the FSL it appears to me that the pinwheel may be easier as you can really get your hand right around the first two shells which I have found is very important.

My tip for what its worth is to get the first 2 shells deep into your grip and then when you load make sure these shells tip to one side of the loading port and not directly over the top of the other shells. I have an unmodified Versamax tactical and so far no issues with jamming my thumb.

I live in New Zealand and I am not sure if anyone else is using this in NZ so I really appreciate all the posts here. Well done fella's.

BTW Mark at Carbon Arms was great to deal with, solid advice and a top quality product, thanks mate.

Herb

Edited by Herbmiester

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on the Saiga 12 forum. This is insanely fast.

I watched that video....then asked ALLOT of questions!!! Talked with some of our boys that went to the shotgun match over in Europe, talked with some of the boys over in Europe and then went to the computer ( and my mill), sent prototypes out to some top shooters in the sport and came up with something that is gonna change the game for quad loading.

Can't take all the credit......Mark Roth really pushed me this last week or so and we've got something thats gonna work for this game in a HUGE way

With that said.......take a look at my dealer forum and see what I mean: http://www.brianenos...howtopic=163840 no one in this country has put shells this close together, except in a traditional caddy.

Edited by TRUBL

are most using the fiocchi dummy rounds to practice with? I'm not too familiar with dummy rounds for shotguns.

when i couldn't find those, i bough a box of remington(?) dummies from brownells

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to Nathan Heiny for posting his videos on YouTube. I have watched them a million times. The quad load didn't come easy to me but now I am getting results. I think the guys that used load 2 before will find it easier than I did coming from a weak hand caddy system.

I used to practice weak hand 2-3 times a week but have never got below about 6.5s with 7.5s being more of a realistic time.

When I first got the FSL12 I had a go and then put it away as I just couldn't get to grips with it. Then at the end of October I decided if Nathan can do it so can I. Six weeks on these are the result.

Edited by stuart1336

Thanks for the comments guys and now you mention it I'm sure I've seen you full name before so I should have known. Looking back at the videos, writing doesn't seem to be my strong point as I can't spell LOAD!

Cajun I've watched your videos as well and your load 2 ones actually got me back into the FSL. I couldn't manage the grab and kept throwing shells everywhere and your videos prompted me to start load two first.

Last week was the first time I have tried the load 8 and 12 with this system. My previous best on load 12 was 17 seconds with traditional caddies and I have never beaten 8 seconds on a load 8 (live fire). That's some difference in time. I looked at my splits and shot to shot I was just over .3 and my fastest load was 2.77. I think a shot to shot of .3 with loads of 2.7 is quite possible in the next few weeks so that would be 9.5 to aim for.

Cajun I know you've been under 9 Load 2 have you tried it with the SSLP yet?

Nathan have you tried the SSLP? It must be easier than the FSL to grab

Thanks for the comments guys and now you mention it I'm sure I've seen you full name before so I should have known. Looking back at the videos, writing doesn't seem to be my strong point as I can't spell LOAD!

Cajun I've watched your videos as well and your load 2 ones actually got me back into the FSL. I couldn't manage the grab and kept throwing shells everywhere and your videos prompted me to start load two first.

Cajun I know you've been under 9 Load 2 have you tried it with the SSLP yet?

I have not tried the drill yet with the SSLP yet. Hopefully I will give it a try soon.

James

• 2 weeks later...