Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting for service when you have an appointment

remoandiris

ever tried an Army dentist ? They make you sign all kinds of statements that list all the bad things that will happen to you if you miss or are late for an appointment. Yet they rarely ever saw mew within an hour of my scheduled appointment.

Rubbing salt in the wound -- giving the courtesy of showing up a few minutes early for an appointment, only to find out I'll have to wait because a 'walk-in' happened to get there about 30 seconds before I came in the door.

Really? For something that's going to take at least twenty minutes, they let a walk-in trump my appointment? Couldn't say, "We have a scheduled appointment due to come in now, would you mind waiting?"

If I was habitually late, or even a one-time no-show, I'd understand. But I am ( :devil: ) WAS a regular and considerate customer.

I expect to wait when I have an appointment for something, especially a doctor or dentist appt. Its rare that I get in to see them at my scheduled time. I will bring a magazine or mess around with my iphone to pass the time. There is nothing I can do about it so I dont let it get to me.

Try showing up 15 minutes late for that appointment. "Sorry, we will have to re-schedule you becuase you missed your appointment."

Really? Even though I would have spent those 15 minutes plus another 30 sitting in your waiting room?

Totally agree, sometimes appointment looks more like a suggestion than a requirement. .

My Kids Md found an alternative, he gave "range" appointment, in 2 hours range,we called in the morning and he gave us a 2 hours range appointment, like 10:30 / 12:30, we have to be there for the beggining of the range, but as it's a first in first passed, it goes well. Were almost sure to pass in this 2 hours range, in 7 years, only 1 times we wait longer than expected.

By

I had the first appointment in the morning one time and after I saw the doctor walk in an hour late, I went to the front desk and demanded my co-pay back and left. The nurse called me on my way home to apologize and beg me to reschedule. I told her I would as long as they pay my wage for waiting on them and wouldn't you know it, they agreed. I guess my insurance paid well.

"I guess my insurance paid well."

So even when they meet your ridiculous demands, they still get no credit from you for doing the right thing.

Guess they made the wrong call and shoulda let you leave, huh?

When you have a preconceived notion about someone's motivations, it's hard for you to interpret anything in any other light, isn't it?

So even when they meet your ridiculous demands, they still get no credit from you for doing the right thing.

When you have a preconceived notion about someone's motivations, it's hard for you to interpret anything in any other light, isn't it?

If by credit you mean total inability to run a business professionally and not a hint of caring until someone actually made a stand then sure I'll give them credit. I take it you have absolutely no idea what customer service is as well, government employee?

Next time someone has an emergency and their MD works them or their kids in or drops everything to treat them remember that. It may be the reason he is running late because he had to do that for someone else.

If by credit you mean total inability to run a business professionally and not a hint of caring until someone actually made a stand then sure I'll give them credit. I take it you have absolutely no idea what customer service is as well, government employee?

You dont have a clue what you are talking about and Im sure this thread is toast.

PS if you ever have to have surgery or medical care in the middle of the night dont forget to make an appointment so the whole staff can anticipate your arrival.

Edited by Kent Grewe