Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jessie Harrison-Duff

a matt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly.

I understand what's in it for Jessie... I'm just not sure her association with Taurus will sell them a bunch more guns.

This may help them sell a few more guns to the mass market but I see no change in the competition marketplace.

I don't think they care where they sell the extra guns as long as the publicity helps. Besides - the people in competition who are the type to buy a gun simply because of who else is shooting it aren't likely the types who are going to worry so much about what's truly viable vs just what they want to shoot.

At the end of the day though there isn't a company on Earth that can't crank out one really good version of their products. I guarantee you that what she's shooting won't be just randomly grabbed off the production line. Whether its a PT1911 in Single Stack or a 24/7 in Production - it's going to be a carefully tuned one made with the utmost attention to detail. It'll probably work fine for her. That effort won't necessarily transfer over to anyone else that buys one, but people have been using celebrities to sell products every since there was a such thing as a celebrity :D.

In any event, I wish her well.

She is obviously the most marketable shooter in the sport, and I'm hopeful her contract pays her more than the gun manufacturer contracts I've seen for sponsored shooters.

I'm also hopeful that the new management at Taurus is committed to improving their product line.

In reality, I think we'll see a lot of promotional materials featuring Ms. Harrison-Duff, and we'll see her shooting something in matches that doesn't quite resemble what can be found in the Taurus product line.

My thoughts exactly.

I understand what's in it for Jessie... I'm just not sure her association with Taurus will sell them a bunch more guns.

This may help them sell a few more guns to the mass market but I see no change in the competition marketplace.

Not so sure, it will be interesting to see what kind of impact it will cause. Before Jerry started running a Mossy SG, Nobody was really excited about using them for 3 Gun.

My knowledge of Taurus was/is limited to a knock off beretta (my brother owned one) , revolvers (I owned one) , and 1911's (my friend owns one) So when i heard that she was going to shoot for them I went to the web site and clicked through all of their product line wondering what a competitive shooter would use named Taurus. I have never been on their web site and I did see some interesting carry guns that I have never seen before. But product exposure tricks like sponsorship would never work on me.

Edited by rupie

My knowledge of Taurus was/is limited to a knock off beretta (my brother owned one) , revolvers (I owned one) , and 1911's (my friend owns one) So when i heard that she was going to shoot for them I went to the web site and clicked through all of their product line wondering what a competitive shooter would use named Taurus. I have never been on their web site and I did see some interesting carry guns that I have never seen before. But product exposure tricks like sponsorship would never work on me.

I did the same thing. So they got two extra hits today.

... So when i heard that she was going to shoot for them I went to the web site and clicked through all of their product line wondering what a competitive shooter would use named Taurus. I have never been on their web site and I did see some interesting carry guns that I have never seen before. But product exposure tricks like sponsorship would never work on me.

LOL! I think a "trick" just worked on you.

I am not sure it makes a difference if they stamp Taurus on the slide of a custom built open gun. How many of the top custom builders are taking STI parts and building them then stamping their name on them. Does that make them STI guns or the guns of that builder?

Just like in motorcycle racing (what I used to do) anytime companies step up to the plate to support the sport and the athletes it is a good thing.

Not sure how many folks saw the recent episode of Shooting Gallery where they visited the Taurus factory in Brazil. I was surprised at the amount of different products Taurus makes. Many of which never find their way to the US. I've been pleasantly surprised with some of Taurus' designs in recent years. They are no longer a crap gun maker. They've got some decent quality stuff. I'll be very interested to see I Jessie can show them how to build a real competition gun. If they want to build I they certainly have the capability.

I am not sure it makes a difference if they stamp Taurus on the slide of a custom built open gun. How many of the top custom builders are taking STI parts and building them then stamping their name on them. Does that make them STI guns or the guns of that builder?

Just like in motorcycle racing (what I used to do) anytime companies step up to the plate to support the sport and the athletes it is a good thing.

Valid point. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Not sure how many folks saw the recent episode of Shooting Gallery where they visited the Taurus factory in Brazil. I was surprised at the amount of different products Taurus makes. Many of which never find their way to the US. I've been pleasantly surprised with some of Taurus' designs in recent years. They are no longer a crap gun maker. They've got some decent quality stuff. I'll be very interested to see I Jessie can show them how to build a real competition gun. If they want to build I they certainly have the capability.

And in that episode, there was a lot of emphasis made by the Taurus top brass that they are looking to innovate, and they are encouraging everybody from the lowly person on the assembly line all the way up to speak up with their ideas. I wish them success.

I looked at the 5" 24/7 at SHOT a few years ago when it came out. I could easily see it

being a Production gun. Also, Jessie got her start in CAS and Taurus makes a lot of

revolvers. I got one of the DA/SA 44 Mags last year and asked if it had a trigger job done to it.

It was very smooth right out of the box and shot between 1" and 2" with different brands of

factory ammo. If I had a bag and bench, I am sure I could have done better.

Craig

Anyone remember a guy that wore a blue Colt shirt, shot an STI with a Colt slide, think his name was Barnhorst, Barnwerst, Barnhart? Something like that. <_<

Probably the same thing will happen with Jesse.

Anyone remember a guy that wore a blue Colt shirt, shot an STI with a Colt slide, think his name was Barnhorst, Barnwerst, Barnhart? Something like that. <_<

Probably the same thing will happen with Jesse.

Yea, that Burnhurst guy wasn't too bad, a little slow, but not bad.

I used to have a Wilson catalog (yes the old fashioned paper kind) and thier Open gun was a Wilsom marked slide on an S_I frame. Nothing new there.

It would be cool to see Jessie start shooting ICORE.

Edited by TMC

I hope she starts shooting revo. Maybe they will make an L frame sized .40 and put some pressure on S&W to bring more options than a 627 or 625. 646 or 610 anybody?

Anyway I'm glad she's found another sponsor.

+1 :cheers:

Taurus has some innovative thoughts that haven't always been followed by the best QC processes. They came out with the eight shot revolver and the 410 revolver before S&W built them. I wish her and her sponsor well.

I hope she starts shooting revo. Maybe they will make an L frame sized .40 and put some pressure on S&W to bring more options than a 627 or 625. 646 or 610 anybody?

Anyway I'm glad she's found another sponsor.

+1! It would be nice to see somebody else get serious about the revo game.-Mike

I would like to lodge a formal complaint. How is it possible that you start a thread with her name in it and not include a pic? For shame.

Here ya go...

post-293-0-11902900-1331265994_thumb.jpg

Who built her open gun?

On her homepage it it has Millennium Custom listed, but nothing specific about the guns

Not sure if anyone has flipped through the catalog, but they don't even have the 24/7 Pro listed anymore and as far as a competition revolver I didn't see anything.

And someone said on here about that she shoots cowboy action, yes, but Taurus doesn't make anything in that line and Rossi only has the one lever action rifle style.

Edited by JakeMartens