Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fastest holster for G17

JD45

The one that Vogel uses. I don't even know what he uses, but between Kytac, Comp-Tac, Blade-tech, Ready Tac or any of the other quality kydex belt rigs designed for competition there shouldn't be much difference that isn't related to the performance of the shooter. People will have their personal preferences for other reasons(I like my comp-tac better than my blade-tech bcs I like that the design uses fewer screws), but there aren't any real differences in draw speed between those.

I don't feel disadvantaged at all drawing my G17 from an el cheapo Uncle Mike's paddle holster.

You won't be, but the UM with the belt fender isn't IDPA legal unless you mash it down onto the belt. With the paddle attachment it's GTG.

I swear one of these days I'm going to make and market an IDPA legal race holster. I'm sure it will meet all the rules but it will still get someone an FTDR.

I just need to find a current set of rules then pick em a part reguarding holsters.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

I have been practicing my draw a lot from a CompTac MTAC, IWB @ 4:30/5:00ish. I'm just as fast, maybe faster, drawing from an MTAC under a t-shirt, as I am drawing from my UM paddle under one of those super sweet vests.

I don't feel disadvantaged at all drawing my G17 from an el cheapo Uncle Mike's paddle holster.

Second place finish and eighth over-all at my local time-plus match this last weekend. I have Bladetech holsters and the like, but my Uncle Mikes, or Fobus black kydex gets the job done. Whatever you get, practice drawing from it and you won't be dissatisfied.

I like the Uncle Mikes, and use one for a 1911 in USPSA, but they ARE NOT IDPA LEGAL.

The Uncle Mikes Paddle Holster is IDPA legal, but if it's on their belt attachment it's not. That's part of the reason I leave it on the paddle for both USPSA & IDPA.

• 3 weeks later...

From an internet search, I think Sevigny uses Kytac.

Problem is I need a holster by like next wednesday. And I hear that you could wait two weeks to six months on a Kytac.

What is just as good that you can get right now?

Also, I have an older IDPA legal Bladetech that I use for CDP. I bought it new for 14.99. Why don't they list that holster anymore? Everything now is around 60 bucks.

Comp-Tac. You might have to wait a week or so to get it though. You can probably find one on ebay and get it faster. You could also give Chris at CPWSA.com a call and see if he has any ready tactical in stock. That would be my second choice behind comp-tac.

Or, if you're in a really big hurry, the bladetech stingray belt holster is not too bad. Give Power Factor Shooting a call and check availability. If they have it in stock they will get it out QUICK. Great company to deal wtih.

POWER FACTOR SHOOTING