Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

Are the ranges easily accessible by car, more specifically a lowered sports car?

Any rough terrain or non gravel roads?

Want to see if I need to make alternate arrangements for vehicle.

All the stages will be accessable with a regular car. Unless of course the "lowered sports car" is a lambo or ferrari. No need for carts either. You can pull right up to each of the stages.

If its not a Lamborghini or a Ferrari is it ready a sports car?

Lol wonder if I can ask for one of them at the rental counter in Baltimore?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the ranges easily accessible by car, more specifically a lowered sports car?

All the stages will be accessable with a regular car. Unless of course the "lowered sports car" is a lambo or ferrari. No need for carts either. You can pull right up to each of the stages.

This is from a Vette owner??

Two rule questions for the match:

1) Are there any (rifle) ammo restrictions other than "no AP/steel core/steel jacket"?

I'm asking because the local 3 gun matches at the Peacemaker range prohibit certain lots of 55gn Winchester and I think some other standard lead core ammo. I did not see anything like that in the rule book, but I want to make sure I don't show up with prohibited ammo.

2) In Tactical Optics, can a sling be used as a shooting aid, or is it considered a prohibited supporting device (like a bipod/foregrip)?

Thanks

Did they smooth over the road where it crosses the streambed?

This is from a Vette owner??

Corvettes are like AR15's everybody needs one for daily use.

I dont have the facility or the money to practice all that stuff. But am I going to let it bother me? I know I wont win. But I sure am going to have a lot of fun shooting!! This will be my first 3Gun match ever. I cant wait.

mee too! i can not wait!

Another thing about Larry: He has a history of making his matches very shootable. Back when him and I were running USPSA matches we shared a common philosophy. "Build the match for a C class Production shooter that is challenging, but shootable.

great! fits my classification to a T....or should i say a C"?

Anyone want to split a room? I've got an extra bed, and I don't snore too much.

pm sent

it looks like i may have gotten a substitute slot from a guy that could not make it. i hope to be going!

can someone please point me to the stage designs? i can not find it for some reason.

i am all set on my pistol and pretty set on the rifle....but reading the posts here it sounds like i better get another couple of weeks of shotgun practice in! bwah ha ha!

anyone wanna share a room.....so far i got nowhere to stay! (off to load more ammo.....)

eddie

Edited by eddiegunks

can someone please point me to the stage designs? i can not find it for some reason.

eddie

They are on pg 10 of this thread.

I probably wouldn't put too much time into looking at the stage diagrams.....some things have changed :devil:

OK....thanks to the hard work of the few...all 9 stages are on the ground and ready to shoot. Yes we put 9 stages on the ground in 14 hours. Unbelievable with 8-10 people each day.

the good news... the sideways sammies are very shootable so don't panic. All long range steel is gray with a yellow backer. We even put backers on the slug targets for you guys on the natural terrain.

Now the BAD news.... make sure you bring your thinking caps. Every stages has about 10 different ways to shoot them. Stage 1 alone has 12 different ways, so I cannot help with any more information in regards to round counts. What I can tell you we adjusted stages to hopefully provide you with a shooting challenge but very doable for the average shooter.

Rifle targets are from 4 yards to 350 yards. Pistol is out to 35 yards and slugs out to 70 yards.

Don't forget the awesome food that will be available on the range. They will be selling meal tickets Wednesday night at the shooters meeting.

OK....thanks to the hard work of the few...all 9 stages are on the ground and ready to shoot. Yes we put 9 stages on the ground in 14 hours. Unbelievable with 8-10 people each day.

the good news... the sideways sammies are very shootable so don't panic. All long range steel is gray with a yellow backer. We even put backers on the slug targets for you guys on the natural terrain.

Now the BAD news.... make sure you bring your thinking caps. Every stages has about 10 different ways to shoot them. Stage 1 alone has 12 different ways, so I cannot help with any more information in regards to round counts. What I can tell you we adjusted stages to hopefully provide you with a shooting challenge but very doable for the average shooter.

Rifle targets are from 4 yards to 350 yards. Pistol is out to 35 yards and slugs out to 70 yards.

Don't forget the awesome food that will be available on the range. They will be selling meal tickets Wednesday night at the shooters meeting.

So the 450yd shot got dropped? Woohoo! Don't even think my scope can see that far..lol

thanks to the guys for setting up. We will be heading out tmw morning and hopefully will get there by 3 to check out the stages.

Anyone know if the range cares about concealed carry? my friend, who is staffing, is not shooting the match due to an injury. But he carries concealed. Considering everyone will be open carrying for the match, does it matter if he conceal carries?

thanks to the guys for setting up. We will be heading out tmw morning and hopefully will get there by 3 to check out the stages.

Anyone know if the range cares about concealed carry? my friend, who is staffing, is not shooting the match due to an injury. But he carries concealed. Considering everyone will be open carrying for the match, does it matter if he conceal carries?

PNTC has signs up stating that only range staff are allowed to carry. No clue what that means legally in West Virginia, but I am pretty sure your buddy would make some folks upset if they spotted it. And we are not all "open carrying" at the match---guns are loaded only while under the supervision of a Range Officer.

Not an official answer but most matches are run on cold ranges. As for having a CCW, probably many of the people there have them, but that does not trump match rules. About the only exception I have seen is for uniformed LEO. Then again, as I said, this is not an official answer.